• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT31| I Think it Might Be for Show

2017's also been good to me.

These next few months are raining strategy games and I love it. Total Warhammer's Norsca DLC, Total Warhammer 2, XCOM 2's expansion, Divinity: Original Sin 2, and more I'm forgetting. It's like being in a grid-based heaven.

I should try out Dolphin sometime, never did. Backwards compatibility is the reason I still have my WiiU hooked up. Heck when I traveled, I brought it with me. BC FTW!

ppAYu2m.png

Nice. It's like poetry.

0wdd1hG.gif

So I have so much on my DVR and then I have my GBDVR.

So here's everything I haven't touch (excluding stuff I don't watch OR have watched.)

Anything worthwhile DM and others I trust?

UPF 7/28/17
QL: Lode Runner Legacy
QL: Drifting Lands
QL: Iron Crypticle
Bring Me The Head of Murder Island (shit, I'm behind)
Giant Bombcast 492: Plug Into TV
QL: Tacoma (I favor East QL btw)
QL: The Darkside Detective (Abby!)
The Exquisite Corps: Prologue (Started this, but paused)
Blue Bombin: Mega Man 5- Part 02 (probably watching soon)
UPF 8/4/17
Best of Giant Bomb 129: Brad Max

WELP

The last DOTA video is the least-watched video on their youtube of the last month and that fact gives me life, strengthens me, and nurtures my bones

Honestly even if I post a screenshot it won't help you since they're just labeled as "button 4" and etc

I'm playing with a DS4 and I just... booted the game and it worked! I just cranked it up to 720p because 1080 was chugging in some spots

Alright, I'll give it a try, haha. Thanks anyway :)

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Do they still have that CRT in the west office? They should use it to play some lightgun games. Go ahead and steal that idea.

So I have so much on my DVR and then I have my GBDVR.

So here's everything I haven't touch (excluding stuff I don't watch OR have watched.)

Anything worthwhile DM and others I trust?

UPF 7/28/17
QL: Lode Runner Legacy
QL: Drifting Lands
QL: Iron Crypticle
Bring Me The Head of Murder Island (shit, I'm behind)
Giant Bombcast 492: Plug Into TV
QL: Tacoma (I favor East QL btw)
QL: The Darkside Detective (Abby!)
The Exquisite Corps: Prologue (Started this, but paused)
Blue Bombin: Mega Man 5- Part 02 (probably watching soon)
UPF 8/4/17
Best of Giant Bomb 129: Brad Max

WELP

UPF 7/28/17 is probably the best UPF in a while(SAMANTHA HOST)
Between Lode Runner, Iron Crypticle & Drifting Lands. Drifting Lands QL is the best of the bunch only because it looks fucking cool(and I love SHMUPS).
Bring Me The Head of Murder Island comes recommended. You can never be too spicy.
I enjoyed the Bombcast but I'm also someone that really digs Peter Brown, there's a great Sega Genesis Flashback rant by him in there.
Tacoma QL I don't recommend because it shows like the beginning of the game. However, if you want to get an idea for what this game is, it's perfect. If you want to go in blind though? stay away.
The Darkside Detective is a pleasant QL, love the small adventure game talk with Abby & Vinny. Game looks cool and the soundtrack sounds great. Personally, I never tried the game and I don't think I will because TOO MANY GAMES.
The Exquisite Corps is a great primer for what's to come. I don't think it's important to watch BUT it's awesome to see them assemble the team and basically shift the gear to D when it comes to this feature.
Blue Bombin' is like an extra episode of Beastcast so if that's your thing, jump in. There are good Alex moments though especially in the second half of the video.
UPF 8/4/17 is good. There are good moments and the West crew made that PS4 Yoshida riot gear game look like fun. Also this

Qhv0hCI.gif

This alone makes it a winner.

Best of video is good if you missed these videos, it takes a few good moments from each.

VRodeo: Star Trek Bridge Crew
Giant Bomb Presents: The Dota 2 The International 7 eSports Fantasy Dotacular
Steal My Sunshine - Episode 02
Steal My Sunshine - Episode 03
The Assassination of Murder Island by the Cowards Giant Bomb

I don't know what else to recommend since you haven't given a timeline for when the content kept stacking up against you.

Thanks DM.

Appreciate your feedback always.

Content started stacking against me last Friday.

I ALWAYS watch Steal My Sunshine and listen to the Beastcast. Those are my guarantees.

Also haven't listened to that Business podcast with Ben and Abby.

Anyways I'll start with Blue Bombin since I <3 Beastcast.

Thanks DM.

Appreciate your feedback always.

Content started stacking against me last Friday.

I ALWAYS watch Steal My Sunshine and listen to the Beastcast. Those are my guarantees.

Also haven't listened to that Business podcast with Ben and Abby.

Anyways I'll start with Blue Bombin since I <3 Beastcast.

Hmm, then if you haven't watched Kingdom Heartache or Wrestling Revolution 3D QL then I highly recommend those. Especially Wrestling Revolution 3D. The podcast with Benby is ok, I liked parts of it but not the entire whole and they said they're going to structure it differently in the coming episodes so my opinion on this is moot. It's also only 37 minutes long.

Hoo-doo

Banned
I would kill for another playthrough of Itagaki / Fortune Street from GB East.

The TNT for Fortune Street on the Wii is still one of the all-time best content they ever produced. That game is amazing.

Hmm, then if you haven't watched Kingdom Heartache or Wrestling Revolution 3D QL then I highly recommend those. Especially Wrestling Revolution 3D. The podcast with Benby is ok, I liked parts of it but not the entire whole and they said they're going to structure it differently in the coming episodes so my opinion on this is moot. It's also only 37 minutes long.
I watch Kingdom Heartache and that Wrestling QL (highlight of my Friday night lol smh)

SO I've seen those.

Grimoire Dev sounds like a super pleasant dude that I'd love to meet and have a drink or two with, haha.

Also, who the hell puts stickers on their keyboards? Is that a trend I missed?

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Lol, Shadow of Wardor is a single player always online game with loot boxes. Seriously, fuck videogames.

Teddified

Don't worry in the next WB batman game you'll have lootboxes that have pieces of batsuits and you gotta collect them all.....ya know instead of unlocking them.

oti

Banned
I'm just glad I'd never ever pay money for loot boxes. The concept of paying real money for a chance to get some "rare" virtual good is alien to me.

I'm just glad I'd never ever pay money for loot boxes. The concept of paying real money for a chance to get some "rare" virtual good is alien to me.

A lot of people are weak to these types of predatory practices. It's why gambling can be dangerous. And why we probably need governments to set laws about this shit in games.

Hasney

I get loot boxes when they're tied to one off seasonal events like in TF2. I ended up a decent chunk of change up after unboxing an unusual, trading for a full set of robot hats and trading up to an unusual too.

I like the dumb aesthetics when I know I can at least break even down the line.

oti

Banned
A lot of people are weak to these types of predatory practices. It's why gambling can be dangerous.
Oh I know. I've been in the Overwatch threads.

That's how the entire F2P market works. People will spend hundreds or thousands of dollars to maybe (!) get a jpeg of their favourite hero in a Gacha game. That's just... why? Value perception is subjective and all. But seriously, why?

yeah there really is something special about this mario galaxy game thingy

No game I have ever played has translated "joy" into video game better than Galaxy 1&2. That's why I consider them the best games of all time.

Top Bottom