• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT31| I Think it Might Be for Show

We have Best Ofs for the Persona 4 and Deadly Premonition Endurance Runs. I wish we had a Best Of for the Chrono Trigger ER.

I also really wish someone took up the slack and continued with Best Of compilations of the Bombcast. This Year Collection ended with 2014, and it's too bad that 2015 and 2016 aren't similarly captured. I know we had talked really briefly about picking through the Bombcasts ourselves and at least trying to pick what we would want to highlight from those years, but I never saw the product.

Brakke

Banned
Hey so i got this Roku stick thing. It has a "Giant Bomb" app but the thing is apparently crashing on launch every time. Is the app busted or is the problem maybe on my end?

kai3345

Banned
the app is busted. google on how to get the "beta" version of the giant bomb roku app and that one actually works

it's dumb

Hey so i got this Roku stick thing. It has a "Giant Bomb" app but the thing is apparently crashing on launch every time. Is the app busted or is the problem maybe on my end?

It is real busted and bad. There is a beta app available
https://www.giantbomb.com/forums/bug-reporting-33/roku-app-not-working-use-the-beta-version-1808125/

I ended up getting an amazon fire stick and the giant bomb enthusiast app on there is fantastic. It has the ability to watch live streams, has a search function to get older videos and allows you to continue watching videos. I hope that stuff can make it to the roku app eventually.

oti

Banned
It is real busted and bad. There is a beta app available
https://www.giantbomb.com/forums/bug-reporting-33/roku-app-not-working-use-the-beta-version-1808125/

I ended up getting an amazon fire stick and the giant bomb enthusiast app on there is fantastic. It has the ability to watch live streams, has a search function to get older videos and allows you to continue watching videos. I hope that stuff can make it to the roku app eventually.

I use the enthusiast app too and in general it's great. Too bad older videos can't be played though. Chrono Trigger ER or even Kingdom Hearts 3D won't work.

Tried the Kodi app and that thing is also kinda busted. The Kodi app links the Persona ER to the Chrono Trigger ER playlist for some reason.

Looking for more East content, I've begun Vinnyvania (haven't previously seen any of it). Starting from the top with the first, Shoemaker and Rorie on the couch. Good times

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
they could do a GBE vs GBW splatfest

but then again, pearl could be on team GBE and they'd still win

image2kjsjm.jpg

🤔

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I cannot believe there are people who think Mayo is better than Ketchup.
It disgust me to post on the same Internet as those weirdos

kiguel182

I’m late on this but clearly there’s a ton of people involved in the Splafest and Twitter is full of dumb drawings and people having fun.

Cancelling the whole thing because you can’t get perfect matchmaking if the sides are uneven is dumb.

Jintor

i really do think it's brilliant the extent to which nintendo leverages social media over these dumb contests over things that don't matter in the slightest

oti

Banned
I’m late on this but clearly there’s a ton of people involved in the Splafest and Twitter is full of dumb drawings and people having fun.

Cancelling the whole thing because you can’t get perfect matchmaking if the sides are uneven is dumb.
They could introduce bots or something for each team if one is vastly more popular than the other. But then you'd have similar criticism. "We lost because the bots are bad" etc.
i really do think it's brilliant the extent to which nintendo leverages social media over these dumb contests over things that don't matter in the slightest
That's one thing. What I find extremely fascinating is how Nintendo managed to monetize this. In Japan, some Splatfests were straight ads. You could chose between two different products.
That's a genius marketing tool. Pick a product, strenghten your affinity to the brand since you're having fun for a weekend "fighting" for it and the companies get to know how popular their product is amongst video gamers.

That's just amazing.

Tubobutts

They could introduce bots or something for each team if one is vastly more popular than the other. But then you'd have similar criticism. "We lost because the bots are bad" etc.

That's one thing. What I find extremely fascinating is how Nintendo managed to monetize this. In Japan, some Splatfests were straight ads. You could chose between two different products.
That's a genius marketing tool. Pick a product, strenghten your affinity to the brand since you're having fun for a weekend "fighting" for it and the companies get to know how popular their product is amongst video gamers.

That's just amazing.
No wonder Dan likes Splatoon.

Jintor

they tried a bit with decepticons v autobots but i suspect japan had way more popularity so nintendo could go to companies and be "hey familymart v 711 let's fucking do it"

(Although from memory they just had two brands of the same type of noodle produced by the same company i think)

oti

Banned
they tried a bit with decepticons v autobots but i suspect japan had way more popularity so nintendo could go to companies and be "hey familymart v 711 let's fucking do it"

(Although from memory they just had two brands of the same type of noodle produced by the same company i think)

It's supposed to be an ad. Not that great for a company to lose. It's more about boosting a brand.

Captain America vs. Iron Man would've been fun though.

drabnon

It's kind of interesting that the Splatfest has way more buzz now. A combination of Switch selling way better now and the "miiverse" posts uploading to Twitter?

I wonder if future Splatfests will generate this much discussion as well.

Jintor

It's kind of interesting that the Splatfest has way more buzz now. A combination of Switch selling way better now and the "miiverse" posts uploading to Twitter?

yeah i mean i heard about mayo v ketchup on 3 seperate podcasts

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Like when you get down to it splatoon is a pretty dark game. It's a society based around fighting, based around the narrative of us vs them, but you never really know why except you have to. You don't get to control your "colours", your core beliefs, so you only really fight for what society has assigned you to fight, which is always changing. And nintendo's online structure that makes it as hard as possible for you to team Up with your friends means that you never have true allies, and even if you do you might need to fight them too. You are always alone, unless you rise to the elite and join in on league battles.

And the one time they give you an illusion of choice, an illusion that you can fight for what you believe in, they take it away after a day, clothes at all, so nothing remains except for the memory of the illusion.

Inklings have no self.

I was pretty bored so I decided to throw on the latest Blue Bombing. I don't usually watch that feature, but I heard it's like a mini Beastcast.

Man, I'm only 8 minutes in and they're throwing out one whopper right after another.

The phrase "rock and roll" is only used in the US?
Onyx The Fu-Schnickens were Shaq's "band"?!

I admit that the degree to which these are whoppers is relative to your interest in music.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member

i doubt it, but it's cool to see the game in the zeitgeist while it lasts

Top Bottom