• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT31| I Think it Might Be for Show

kvothe

Problem is that they would sell the 2.0 version with a full price as well.

It makes sense for corporate where they don't have to worry about keeping up with updates. Maybe not for the regular user. Or students who would look for the best value and/or pirate it.

I think most regular users wouldn't find whatever they include in 2.0 to be worth the full price, so they just don't buy it. But can still use 1.0 no problem. Like Microsoft Word switching over to subscription model... the features they will add to that software are not at all worth a subscription. Just let me buy it once and if you add new fonts or whatever to the 2.0, I think I'll be alright sticking with 1.0.

So what you could do is, don't play my game.

Better yet, PM me your real email address and I will lock you out of the digital distribution system so you couldn't buy a copy even if you could come up with the cash, which is unlikely.

If you have the names of your friends or anybody even remotely like you, even people who live near you and may have distant kin relations in your family tree, send me all their email addresses and I will lock them out as well.

Grimoire is not junk and it's not mass market drivel. I don't want just anybody playing it. If I had my way I'd force anybody as part of credit card registration to take an online IQ exam. Anybody scoring less than 120+ would not be able to purchase the game for any reason, period. I'd send their money back. I cringe at the idea of ordinary dolts and Bell Curve average wreckers putting their greasy, stained hands on a keyboard covered with pro-wrestling stickers and playing my game. There's something about it unsettling. It's like if the Mona Lisa was opened to grade school children for scratch'n'sniff. It's horrible to think about.

This is another reason to never release it. I can't control who plays it. I certainly didn't work a decade and a half on the game so the unwashed masses could get hold of it. Wait a second, I'm going to plug the woodchipper back in.

Woooow. I saw this game pop up on the Steam new releases a few days ago and thought it looked cool, but assumed it was an old game just now making its way to Steam. I didn't notice the $40 price tag.

0irz2.gif

Aselith

As he later explained, it really isn't the same thing. A subscription to use software vs. a subscription for an entertainment media provider. How else could giant bomb sell content? Piecemeal? No thanks. But photoshop could easily just sell you their software for a one time charge. If they add features, they could just sell it as the 2.0 version.

Well, my lol was at the joke that Rorie made and then you all took it as a for serious slight against GB as a whole but I'll bite.

Photoshop did sell packages and it was widely pirated because it was too expensive...exactly what oti said would happen with GB if they sold a lifetime subscription so basically the two situations are a lot more similar than you think.

Giant Bomb could sell stuff piece meal and then I would pay for it with tokens as they did things on camera for me and put on shows for the group when we hit a certain amount of coins for the night. I think they could all do this. And do private shows of splatoon 2.

I will do this if I can pay them to unbox games for me but do it slow and look me in the eyes.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
TBF I think the time where he said "Eat my entire ass" I'm pretty sure he got it from Night in the Woods. :p

Alex is secretly the most millennial bomb duder.

Antiwhippy

BTW the beastcast stance of "Science is Art" is super dumb. Like, what does that even mean.

Art is a representation of an expression.

There's no room for expression in science.

valeo

BTW the beastcast stance of "Science is Art" is super dumb. Like, what does that even mean.

Art is a representation of an expression.

There's no room for expression in science.

I come to the Beastcast for all of my in depth abstract philosophical musings.

Antiwhippy

Nah Rorie is way more of a chaotic neutral than jeff.

Chaotic Neutral

A chaotic neutral character follows his whims. He is an individualist first and last. He values his own liberty but doesn't strive to protect others' freedom. He avoids authority, resents restrictions, and challenges traditions. A chaotic neutral character does not intentionally disrupt organizations as part of a campaign of anarchy. To do so, he would have to be motivated either by good (and a desire to liberate others) or evil (and a desire to make those different from himself suffer). A chaotic neutral character may be unpredictable, but his behavior is not totally random. He is not as likely to jump off a bridge as to cross it.

Chaotic neutral is the best alignment you can be because it represents true freedom from both society's restrictions and a do-gooder's zeal.

Chaotic neutral can be a dangerous alignment when it seeks to eliminate all authority, harmony, and order in society.

patapuf

I don't think the "lawful" end of the axis works super well for the GB people.

Funnily enough, Dan very often uses rules and pacts to entrap people into hell, making him more of a "lawful evil" type even though he's plenty chaotic.

Tubobutts

I don't think the "lawful" end of the axis works super well for the GB people.

Funnily enough, Dan seems to be one of the bigger stickler for rules and pacts that entrap people into hell, making him more of a "lawful evil" type even though he's plenty chaotic.
A lawful evil person would eat a damn hat already.

Also could a person with a gambling addiction really be considered Lawful Good?

Exquisite Corps one hour hypeline starts here:

also i fucking love xcom so this is dope

Agreed.

I hope Abby doesn't kill everyone.

Also hope that it's not just a 30 minute, one mission video.

Top Bottom