• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT31| I Think it Might Be for Show

tumblr_otkz35b8hK1qgj9cao1_1280.gif

My absolute favorite scene in S3(heavy spoiler filled post about TP S3).

Zocano

Man the free XCOM 2 weekend made me start up a commander ironman playthrough and fuck is that game good. I have been doing EU/EW Long War but going to XCOM 2 feels like night and day even if the mechanics are very much identical in a lot of ways. I don't really know what it is in particular but skirmish/tactical mode just feels way better (might just be because it's so much snappier and you have a bit more freedom as far as tactics go e.g. reloads not ending your turn). Also I love the timer gameplay way more. Makes all parts of XCOM 2 feel much better when I'm actually pushed to move instead of overwatching forever like in EU/EW. While XCOM 2's meta-game lacks the depth (and breadth) of EU/EW, that also having a much more ever present timer makes it much more engaging as well.

Also Twin Peaks Season 3 is a god damn blessing; fuck da haters.

Radnom

I went to grab another year of premium during the sale and got this message:
Your Premium Yearly subscription will automatically renew on November 23, 2018.
What the heck? I must have accidentally bought two years last time!

Zaph

Speaking of ham-fisted anti-capitalist stories, definitely don't let Abby play Tacoma. Just finished it, and woof, what a disappointing follow-up to Gone Home that was.

Speaking of ham-fisted anti-capitalist stories, definitely don't let Abby play Tacoma. Just finished it, and woof, what a disappointing follow-up to Gone Home that was.

Ham-fisted stories kind of applies to Gone Home as well. Well written is not how I'd describe that game either.

I could not possibly care less about pop star drama and I'm ambivalent on Taylor Swift's music, but Joseph Khan can certainly direct the hell out of a video.

Film & 40s: Torque
Film & 40s: Detention

Zero315

Banned
I love Scott Pilgrim to fucking death, but that ending just rings so damn false. I'm curious about how the original would have played in earlier cuts; as a standalone alternate scene it also doesn't feel right. Scott
ending up alone but moving forward as a better person (or at least on the path to becoming one)
is what the movie feels like it's building toward until the last five minutes.
The ending is one of the reasons I hate that they condensed it all into one movie. The books handle it way better.

This would actually make a great Film & 40's with all the video game references.

Ham-fisted stories kind of applies to Gone Home as well. Well written is not how I'd describe that game either.

I liked Tacoma but loved Gone Home. Gone Home feels warm and has a personal story at the core of it all while Tacoma tells a clean cut sci fi story. It's good and predictable but ultimately it's a colder experience which I'm sure is what they were aiming for. I just preferred Gone Home. The AR system in Tacoma is great though and the feeling of being a "fly on the wall" is both creepy and interesting.

Top Bottom