• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT31| I Think it Might Be for Show

LowRoller

When you pause Blue Bombin at an opportune time.
E7kxCaa.png

Fuckin lol.

That's a solid meme.

BTA

Hot Twin Peaks update: this week's episode was real fucking good. Like actually watching it live probably helps but. Holy shit.

It's about to be real weird bouncing from that to GoT now.

Mr. F

Banned
Catching up on #content. This Monster Hunter video is pretty much 20 mins of Jeff and Brad saying "well I guess if this one doesn't do it for me nothing will" back and forth lol. Would have been nice to have Jason's deeper knowledge of the series on the video.

Catching up on #content. This Monster Hunter video is pretty much 20 mins of Jeff and Brad saying "well I guess if this one doesn't do it for me nothing will" back and forth lol. Would have been nice to have Jason's deeper knowledge of the series on the video.

I miss Jason as a whole. Hopefully things work out so we can get him on camera more.

Ashby

Ben's gotten very good on the Bombcast. Think there's still room for improvement as far as other content is concerned but really liking his Bombcast contributions.

TraBuch

Banned
I haven't listened to a Bombcast in months so I wouldn't know. I'll wait for that This Year podcast guy to make a comeback and make a gigantic best of compilation.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Bombcasts actually has been pretty good for awhile tho. But if people are going to let their weird negativity get in the way than whatever.

Antiwhippy

Eh other than me personally not liking the way Pat Baer talks on podcasts even though I see him as an extremely good and cool dude the beastcasts have been on a pretty great run, but I'd say that the bombcast is on one as well.

It's mostly because Jeff has gotten way more peppier.

Ashby

Eh other than me personally not liking the way Pat Baer talks on podcasts even though I see him as an extremely good and cool dude the beastcasts have been on a pretty great run, but I'd say that the bombcast is on one as well.

It's mostly because Jeff has gotten way more peppier.

He was super reasonable about Monster Hunter and Uncharted on last week's podcast. Pretty refreshing.

TraBuch

Banned
Bombcasts actually has been pretty good for awhile tho. But if people are going to let their weird negativity get in the way than whatever.
I'm sure it's fine. I just haven't felt the urge to listen to it in months and have spent the time I used to use to listen to the Bombcast and Beastcast to catch up on other podcasts I'm currently more interested in. Hello From The Magic Tavern, Thrilling Adventure Hour, Last Podcast on the Left, Hardcore History, Archive 81, Magnus Archives, SAYER, Wormwood, Darkest Night, manymanymany others.

There are just so many podcasts I'm interested in out there and there's only so much time in a week. I'm fine with listening to the highlights on YouTube while I'm checking out some of the millions of other podcasts I'm curious about.

the addition of abby has been huge on beastcast for me tbh. think it's what the show needed

bombcast has gotten much better with the addition of ben as well.

damn good hires!

Mr. F

Banned
Bombcasts are getting better than the weird months-long lull they were in but still firmly middling imo. On the plus side Jeff seems pretty stoked on the after show thing which is cool, if not my thing in particular.

Antiwhippy

I'm never really that thrilled if peter brown is on because I don't really care about retro stuff that much but he's alright.

So I finally got around to watching the latest Kingdom Heartache episode.....what are the odds that they 1. Finish the game and 2. Keep up this bit for the rest of it?

So I finally got around to watching the latest Kingdom Heartache episode.....what are the odds that they 1. Finish the game and 2. Keep of this bit for the rest of it?

They've gone two weeks without a new episode, so things are pretty grim.

I'd be more excited about Bombcast guests if it wasn't Will Smith 60% of the time and Peter Brown for the other 40

I remember when the GB expanded universe was more than 2 people.

Antiwhippy

Like thing is I can probably fit more podcasts in my life but I have other complicated things going on so I have deliberately chosen to streamline the podcasts I consume to a much smaller list? And entertainment in general.

It's a weird mentality thing but it works for me.

Read the books..

lol

Like thing is I can probably fit more podcasts in my life but I have other complicated things going on so I have deliberately chosen to streamline the podcasts I consume to a much smaller list? And entertainment in general.

It's a weird mentality thing but it works for me.
It's not weird. I listen to a fraction of the podcasts that I used to because I can't do it at work anymore. And even when there is time, feeling obligated to listen to podcasts is bothersome.

Antiwhippy

I can do it at work, but I choose to just listen to old bombcasts and beastcasts rahter than going out there to discover new stuff.

It's porbably a bad thing because I should expand my horizons more, but ehhhhh. I'm too tired from other stuff.

BTA

I listen to a ton of different podcasts but many of those aren't every episode and also some of them I'm decently behind on.

I try to keep up with the McElroy stuff I listen to and FatT (though I'm usually a week behind on that currently) at least. I'd be more caught up on some stuff if I hadn't listened to 15ish hours of Twin Peaks Rewatch in the past week and a half.

Antiwhippy

Btw, anyone else as unreasonably excited as me to see how Dan will die in x-com today? And if it was a deliberate play? Knowing it being abby though I'd probably say it wasn't deliberate.

It means they're screwed she they lost their most experienced unit, but they were screwed anyway.

Top Bottom