• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT31| I Think it Might Be for Show

Vinny can't seem to make up his mind on whether he's a part of the action or in more of a host role. Sometimes he'll be all "you're the commander, here" but then during combat he's full of suggestions.

You have to take some risks with half cover.

The thing that makes me sad is using overwatch instead of taking 40+% shots then copping the aim penalty.

Honestly, with the way they play XCOM 2 might be easier on them. You have to play riskier to make the turn limit and the game is balanced for that.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Oh I know.

I'm more saying where the comments are going currently. :p

Also man this video got me hyped for mario + rabbids. Can't wait for that to unlock on the store.

Antiwhippy

The Mario x Rabbis game seems dope but the idea of a stress-free XCOM just seems so dirty

Vinny + Bakalar slashfiction got real weird.

All kidding aside, I save scummed like a dirty coward whenever I play X-com style games (or SRPGs in general) so it won't be too different. :p

Hasney

The Mario x Rabbids game seems dope but the idea of a stress-free XCOM just seems so dirty

It's not stress free. It's a different kind of stress.

You can press Y before a mission for Easy Mode and that's when you feel dirty because to be honest, I've wanted to use it on occasion but refuse.

Antiwhippy

I heard waypoint describe it more like a series of puzzle levels rather than something with a survival metagame which works for me.

"Dear Commander Abby,

I DID GREAT!! The rest of the crew couldn't hack it on the battlefield and I had to pick up the pieces and escape back to base!! If you cant handle yourself in the theater of war, why did you join the X-COM in the first place!?!

PS - Please make sure that Commander Ryckert gets his shore leave approved as he is the greatest soldier ever."

Called it.

oti

Banned
That's the opposite of what I want.

I need a meta game that's either about researching and upgrading or about face rubbing.

Without the meta game there aren't choices and alternative paths as well, so replaying the levels shouldn't be that interesting I fear.

LiK

Pretty behind on the podcasts since I took a break last week. Now to marathon Bombcast, Beastcast and 8-4 Play all today.

Meguro

Banned
I don't have the time to replay 20-30 hour games anyway so Mario Rabbids not having a lot of replayability is totally fine by me.

oti

Banned
I don't have the time to replay 20-30 hour games anyway so Mario Rabbids not having a lot of replayability is totally fine by me.

I'm curious how long the story in the Season Pass will be. Maybe that will implement meta elements to keep people playing for a long time.

imBask

Banned
You guys might be comparing it to xcom a little too much because the gameplay is similar

There are people like me who really enjoy the gameplay in xcom but don't like anything else about it, and I think this game was made for people like us who would rather have a lighter puzzle trpg

Meneses

Promising start to Xcorps.

Shame it all went sideways. And it's gonna be a rude awakening when they realize they don't have any Satellites to launch - and they take almost one month to build.

Good news:
they can probably survive losing that entire continent,

Bad news:
They're gonna get super wiped out on the first terror mission that should be coming soon

I'm curious how long the story in the Season Pass will be. Maybe that will implement meta elements to keep people playing for a long time.

Mario + Rabbids: Terror from the Deep

I'm perfectly fine with it being "just" a single ~20 hour playthrough, that's what most games are for me anyway.

Wunder

Promising start to Xcorps.

Shame it all went sideways. And it's gonna be a rude awakening when they realize they don't have any Satellites to launch - and they take almost one month to build.

Good news:
they can probably survive losing that entire continent,

Bad news:
They're gonna get super wiped out on the first terror mission that should be coming soon

yeah, i'm surprised no one in the comments was yelling at them to build a satellite simultaneously, that's gonna be a wake up call

oti

Banned

I'm perfectly fine with it being "just" a single ~20 hour playthrough, that's what most games are for me anyway.

I'm sure it will be enough for me as well. After Mario Rabbids I'll play XCOM 2 anyway. Should be good.

Zaph

That Xcom episode was perfect - from Dan's amazing opener to the way it played out.
Abby was broken.

Vinny has been sitting on gold with this feature.

LiK

Yea, not to mention that most Ubi DLC is pretty crap anyway. I learned the hard way from the AC games.

Waiting for Kiwami
QgVYAM5.gif

BTA

That was great, and is also making me more excited for Rabbids. I'm not huge on the having to restart because of gradual failures thing so having no metagame is fine with me.

oti

Banned
Yea, not to mention that most Ubi DLC is pretty crap anyway. I learned the hard way from the AC games.

I feel like Ubisoft is going to deliver with this Season Pass. I'm sure they want to impress Nintendo as much as they can. Future projects with Nintendo could be key to defend themselves from Vivendi's hostile takeover.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I'm totally down for a goofy, easier, lighthearted version of the XCOM combat, sign me up.

I'm also trying to buy a 2-in-1 tablet and it's the worst fucking thing in the world. Who thought naming those things "LENOVO IdeaPad Miix 720-12IKB" was a good idea? Now I'm sitting here trying to figure out if a review for the "LENOVO IdeaPad Miix 720-15IKC" is relevant or not for me. I should just buy one and ignore reviews.

oti

Banned
I'm totally down for a goofy, easier, lighthearted version of the XCOM combat, sign me up.

I'm also trying to buy a 2-in-1 tablet and it's the worst fucking thing in the world. Who thought naming those things "LENOVO IdeaPad Miix 720-12IKB" was a good idea? Now I'm sitting here trying to figure out if a review for the "LENOVO IdeaPad Miix 720-15IKC" is relevant or not for me. I should just buy one and ignore reviews.

2-in-1s are weird. Great concept but not perfect for anything inj particular. I hate it when the screen is wobbly while typing for instance.

Is it available via Amazon Warehouse? You can just send it back within 30 days after purchase. Really great way to try it out first.

Antiwhippy

The question more is that why do you want a 2-in-1...?

My experience is that you usually get a worse tablet & laptop experience compared to a dedicated one. In the end you get a tablet that is too big to use as a tablet and a laptop that you can't use on your lap.

Then again my experience is also from a PoS surface pro that constantly has boot issues.

Oh nooo Abby was so close

If she had just moved Dan up to that empty spot she could have taken the last 3 thin men out with one grenade and the mission would have been over

I know!

Abby was playing pretty well until she started listening to Vinny.
Even the run and gun to get the meld was a bad call.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
2-in-1s are weird. Great concept but not perfect for anything inj particular. I hate it when the screen is wobbly while typing for instance.

Is it available via Amazon Warehouse? You can just send it back within 30 days after purchase. Really great way to try it out first.

That's a great idea, but I need to buy it from a specific store cause I have a voucher for 200€ that I have to use until the end of the month.

The question more is that why do you want a 2-in-1...?

My experience is that you usually get a worse tablet & laptop experience compared to a dedicated one. In the end you get a tablet that is too big to use as a tablet and a laptop that you can't use on your lap.

The one I'll probably get is detachable, so using it as a tablet shouldn't be much of a problem. I only really need the Laptop part for University and Office, it should be fine for that.

patapuf

I just want to reiterate my love for the XCOM feature.

Their reactions and actions so far have been really entertaining, they are also super invested in their characters, even if some of them have been short-lived.

Godspeed exquisite corps
you'll need it.

Antiwhippy

That's a great idea, but I need to buy it from a specific store cause I have a voucher for 200€ that I have to use until the end of the month.

The one I'll probably get is detachable, so using it as a tablet shouldn't be much of a problem. I only really need the Laptop part for University and Office, it should be fine for that.

Hmmm, alright, at that point I'd say just buy a tablet and a keyboard case, because I really don't like using the windows tablet OS.

But unless you're willing to get an iPad great android tablets are pretty scarce nowadays, so I dunno.

Top Bottom