• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT31| I Think it Might Be for Show

patapuf

it's also 80 CAD on the switch and 30 CAD on PS4 about once a month

Only reason i haven't bought it yet. The price is very high for a game that's this old already.

And with Xcom2, Rabbits, and Warhammer 2 all releasing soon, Disgaea will have to wait.

Zocano

There was really only one big "mistake" they made in XCOM today and it's an easy one to make if you're not super experienced with the game and AI ticks and general mission layouts:

Moving Dan out in the open so he has the perfect grenade toss woulda done it perfectly but moving units into non-cover positions isn't something that comes naturally to a lot of new players (especially against enemies like Chryssalids).

Everything else was just XCOM being XCOM and the dice rolled poorly for Abby (except when it didn't!). It's a shame cause they totally coulda pulled it back with this mission. But now the first terror mission is looming closer and that'll fuck them completely. I wonder if they'll keep going until all countries back out or if they'll just call it at some point.

Lari

Exquisite corps continues to deliver!

The reports are far and away my favorite thing about the series, so well done.

Also am I being daft or
was Abby just very unlucky this episode?
It seemed she was really doing alright.

Zaph

Also am I being daft or
was Abby just very unlucky this episode?
It seemed she was really doing alright.

Yup. Abby played well on one of the more difficult early missions, with a less-than-ideal squad. She just got Xcom'd.

Teddified

I mean the whole
Doing run and gun to get that meld when she didn't need to kinda screwed up things since it showed the other aliens.
and Vinny was the one who gave the advice, so as said before he is the titular enemy within.

Telfo

I mean the whole
Doing run and gun to get that meld when she didn't need to kinda screwed up things since it showed the other aliens.
and Vinny was the one who gave the advice, so as said before he is the titular enemy within.

learning to avoid revealing new sets of enemies while still fighting others took me a long time so I can't fault them too much

BTA

I mean the whole

As someone who hasn't ever played XCOM, there are some unintuitive things I didn't know till I read last week's comments (as well as saw what people said in this thread). Things like how enemies don't really exist till you see them, and then you can use their immediate fake turn of movement to move into overwatch traps. Just like them I'd totally assume the enemies are actively moving in on you if it wasn't for that.

As a side note, I find it funny that the one actual mistake Abby made actually worked in her favor.
Ben got critted and probably would have died anyway if he was healed, but Sandra got shot soon after.

I think I don't like the XCOM feature. I've watched all four episodes and it's just boring.

The Super Mario Sunshine feature, on the other hand, is probably BEAST's best one yet. I like that all four duders are all together in the same room. Their interaction and banter are the draw.

I do have 30 dollars in credit left on the switch store...maybe i SHOULD buy this thumper game...

I also love Abby's screams of victory/anguish in xcom lol. Its the same when she hits a really good shot or someone dies ARRRRRRRRRRRUGHHHHHHHHHH

imBask

Banned
Yeah I have to say I'm not really into the feature as much as others seem to be. The base stuff is like half the episode and that part is just boring. The actual missions are much better but can still be a little slow.

yeaaah same

then again i'm only on episode 2 but I don't get it so far...

Vinny talking about poorly fitting cleats as a HS football player on Blue Bombin reminds me of something.

When I played HS football, we had to do conditioning drills that were longer/more intense based on how many points we lost by. Our team was trash, so one game we lost like 54-7 or something. So that day, I knew practice was going to end with conditioning, so I borrowed someone else's cleats (they were like 5 sizes too small) so that I would purposely get pretty bad heel blisters that I could show the coach. So while everyone else was doing non-stop windsprints for like 2 hours, I got to sit on the side and do sit-ups/crunches/stretches.

Best con I ever pulled.

Ohnonono

Best new hire : Abby

She reminds me in a weird way of Austin. Austin had a whole lot he brought to the table and a perspective that they did not really have before. It made for amazing content and everyone at the site benefited from that guy being a coworker. I think Abby is talented enough to elevate the rest of the crew like that.

D9cwgpa.jpg

I do have 30 dollars in credit left on the switch store...maybe i SHOULD buy this thumper game...

I also love Abby's screams of victory/anguish in xcom lol. Its the same when she hits a really good shot or someone dies ARRRRRRRRRRRUGHHHHHHHHHH

Thumper is pretty awesome if you like rhythm games. I bought it on Switch and love it haha

oti

Banned
Yeah I have to say I'm not really into the feature as much as others seem to be. The base stuff is like half the episode and that part is just boring. The actual missions are much better but can still be a little slow.

It's not something I'll devote my entire attention to, like Sunshine. But for the mid-background consumption it's great.

PUBG but no Kingdom Hearts?

GB's anti Kingdom Hearts bias is sickening!

Yup. Abby played well on one of the more difficult early missions, with a less-than-ideal squad. She just got Xcom'd.

Well, actually I think at around 27:45 she made the mistake of playing too conservatively. She has four squad members (after running into overwatch) aiming at the Sectoid. The hit chances were 38, 55, 45 and 45 percent. She should have brute forced it. The chances of no hit are around 8.5%.

This is the first live show I am actually up for. (Being in Australia.)

That said, I can see it says live, but have no idea how to access the show.

Any help? I am a subscriber.

Top Bottom