• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT31| I Think it Might Be for Show

zelas

I know!

Abby was playing pretty well until she started listening to Vinny.
Even the run and gun to get the meld was a bad call.

Yeah pretty much where it all started going downhill. You would think their early success while moving as a single group would have encouraged them to keep it up. Can't get shot at if you end an encounter asap.

BearPawB

Banned
Xcom spoilers
So the game is basically over right? It feels like this is the point where’s you’d go “ok we lost”.

With each loss the game is just going to get harder and harder

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I am willing to sacrifice Murder Island if it kills all Kingdom Hearts content.

I'd much rather kill Blue Bombing.

Do the game is basically over right? It feels like this is the point where’s you’d go “ok we lost”.

If they play really well from now on they can still make it.
So yeah, it's over.

Xcom spoilers
So the game is basically over right? It feels like this is the point where’s you’d go “ok we lost”.

I mean, it was clear from the second episode on that they are not going to survive. Doesn't matter though, because it is super fun to watch. I hope they won't let the feature rest for too long and move on to another game once this is done. Maybe something a tiny bit more forgiving.

I'd like to see them go through some kind of gameplay bootcamp for XCOM 2, like each of them playing through the first tutorial sections of the game by themselves (not necessarily on camera). For me it's not so much about wanting them to play perfectly. I just think XCOM 2 in particular introduces a lot of cool/crazy enemy types as the game goes on which I'd love to see them react to, so it'd be a shame if they never got any further than just fighting Advent troops.

I mean, it was clear from the second episode on that they are not going to survive. Doesn't matter though, because it is super fun to watch. I hope they won't let the feature rest for too long and move on to another game once this is done. Maybe something a tiny bit more forgiving.

Actually, considering XCOM 2 assumes you've failed in your mission, progressing to XCOM 2 makes sense!

ArjanN

Wonderful episode. Shame that the comments are going to somewhat ruin this series with every dash and half covers makin Abby apologize.

I saw this comment a couple of times and it doesn't make much sense IMO, she played better because of paying attention to the comments, It just that it still wasn't good enough to beat the mission. it was definitely still better than not paying attention to the game mechanics at all.

This new episode of EQC summed up perfectly why I would love to, but refuse to play XCOM games.
I could not handle the frustration of having a battle completely turn against you, lose all your soldiers, and essentially perma-wreck your campaign.

patapuf

The easiest to execute advice one could give them is taking more grenades with them.

Early, when rookies can't hit for shit, it's the most reliable way to kill. It removes cover as well.

This new episode of EQC summed up perfectly why I would love to, but refuse to play XCOM games.
I could not handle the frustration of having a battle completely turn against you, lose all your soldiers, and essentially perma-wreck your campaign.

It isnt usually so bad. They are still making a lot of mistakes that they would have picked up on if they werent splitting the game three ways. Im not sure they even know how to buy satelites and interceptors at this point. You also dont have to play on Iron Man.

Just play not on Ironman mode so you can have save files... then you can load if you want to, if something goes catastrophically bad

Zaph

The trick is accepting a loss isn't a fail state, and your campaign isn't wrecked. That's a concept really foreign to gaming - where you're supposed to win all the time. It's why the set-up for Xcom 2 works so well.

Top Bottom