• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT31| I Think it Might Be for Show

J: Recently you've been semi fortunate to watch KH. Are you holding up ok?
B: Yeah, umm that thing... I don't know
J: Do you think you could make it to KH2? or...is there an office pool for how long Brad well this is a unique almost Breaking Brad level of how can you make it through these games.
B: Oh I don't know. I don't know if it's actually my place to speak on that. That entire thing has been Pack's baby. Uh, I'm gonna have to defer to him on that I think for reasons that will become clear later.

J: Do you think you could make it to KH2? or...is there an office pool for how long Brad well this is a unique almost Breaking Brad level of how can you make it through these games.
B: Oh I don't know. I don't know if it's actually my place to speak on that. That entire thing has been Pack's baby. Uh, I'm gonna have to defer to him on that I think for reasons that will become clear later.

Very interesting.

Lets see how that works out.

Hasney

I'm just happy it's not dead.

at this point I kinda think I want this to just become a running joke like Matt Damon on Kimmel

I wish they (read: Ben) would stop being cute about the KH feature. If they don't want to do it I don't have any issue with them not doing it. Beast has been killing it because they're enjoying what they're doing (even Sunshine).

Harpuia

What is Kingdom Heartache!!! At this point I don't care what the gimmick is unless they speak in fully fluent Japanese.

Fuck man. If Brad ghosts on Ben after one video, that'll be very unprofessional of him.

I love that Ben thinks he's earned enough audience goodwill to fuck with people's expectations for a video feature after all of 3 days at Giant Bomb. It's cute. Bold move.

LiK

I love that Ben thinks he's earned enough audience goodwill to fuck with people's expectations for a video feature after all of 3 days at Giant Bomb. It's cute. Bold move.

He'll never earn his Verified badge by messing with KH fans. Someone at Twitter is watching.

imBask

Banned
I think y'all are panicking a bit, that quote from the podcast sounds like something Brad would jokingly say about anything else

just chill we're getting our KH

I think y'all are panicking a bit, that quote from the podcast sounds like something Brad would say jokingly about anything else

just chill we're getting our KH

Yeah lol. They're totally just cancelling a feature that has 300+ comments on site & 45K+ views on youtube as a joke.

Also..

RTnMil3.png

Hindl

Of all the game hills to die on, yall trippin about mothafuckin Kingdom Hearts????
The actual feature is irrelevant. It's the fact that they keep being coy on whether or not it's an actual series, which would be annoying on its own, but is astoundingly tone deaf in context. Like I said last week, I can totally get West being weaker on the content output side since I'm sure they have to do a lot more of the administrative stuff. And it would be one thing if they started it and then at the end decided they weren't going to continue. But in the context of West having no ongoing series of note, in the context of Ben being a new hire that doesn't have a lot of clout with the fans yet, in the context of East pumping out new series constantly, this whole 'will they won't they' thing isn't cute. It's just pissing off the fans and almost making fun of them for getting their hopes up for a new series. If this was an actual normal playthrough of Kingdom Hearts, they should've just said it already. They do not have the leash to make jokes like this. And if there is a twist, it'll almost certainly disappoint. Maybe the series continues and everything will be fine. But it's just being handled incredibly poorly, regardless of what happens from here on out, and they deserve criticism over it

imBask

Banned
The twist is Nick Robinson was supposed to be on the show but Dota 2 happened

There I combined all the weekly drama in one sentence

Hasney

I thought the first episode was great! The beginning of Kingdom Hearts is slow, sure, but Ben and Brad made it enjoyable.

Why they do 2 fetch quests in a row to explore a place you're not going to stay is one of the most dumb design decisions I can think of in any game.

Brad is leaving meme doesn't bother Brad, confirmed.

Grandiose and wrongheaded interpretations or wild conspiracy theories based on like off hand comments here and there is a whole separate can of worms that I don't know if I want to get into. People read alot of what they want and read into things that are said or not said or you know just goofy glances or whatever, I mean, it's a weird thing. I really don't know how to approach that stuff. People come up with some wild ideas.

Very well said.

Strax

I hope they move on to XCOM 2 if their EW playthrough fails, especially given that the storyline of XCOM 2 is that the player basically failed the previous game.

XCOM: Enemy Unknown was also my GOTY 2012 but like a lot of the guys I didn't jump right back onboard with XCOM 2, partially because I didn't have a computer that could run it well. Been slowly working my way through my first playthrough (Ironman or bust) on PS4 and having a blast, love that 90% of the enemy types are new, it's always fun/horrifying to see a new unit for the first time and what they're going to do.

Have they patched out the timer in XCOM 2?

Meguro

Banned
Take:
The timer makes XCOM 2 way more exciting to play since the "run to full cover and overwatch with everyone" strategy holds no power.

LiK

Timer sucks. I played and beat both games without mods. But I had to save scum. Whatever got me through those shitty missions.

What Brad played so far in terms of GOTY discussions. He has a stack of games he wants to go through Pyre, Tacoma, RE7.etc

1 hour of Neir Automata
1 hour of Horizon
60-70 hours of Zelda but he only beat one of the dungeons

Also, he has been playing Hellblade but he couldn't talk about it.

LiK

I look forward to GOTY when they say they didn't have time for games but spent an insane amount of time in PUBG.

Of all the game hills to die on, yall trippin about mothafuckin Kingdom Hearts????

I care little about this feature and less about KH, but messing with the audience's expectations is a shitty move, in light of West's lack of feature planning and Ben's newbie status.

What Brad played so far in terms of GOTY discussions. He has a stack of games he wants to go through Pyre, Tacoma, RE7.etc

1 hour of Neir Automata
1 hour of Horizon
60-70 hours of Zelda but he only beat one of the dungeons

Also, he has been playing Hellblade but he couldn't talk about it.

Brad's lack of playing, like, anything, has me questioning whether he still enjoy his job, or games, much anymore. They talk about Tacoma and Pyre and these are both relatively short games, like you could've knocked out Tacoma in 2-3 hours if you wanted to. The host of the podcast should probably play some games every now and then.

Top Bottom