• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT31| I Think it Might Be for Show

that happens with literally every call in show ive ever heard. even radio shows.

shrug.

dont like it, dont watch it.

I want to watch it/listen to it. I really value Jeff's opinion and like hearing what he has to say pertaining to video games since He's the most knowledgeable person I've ever know of about Video Games. I just think call ins are pointless and it doesn't add anything more than confusion and wasted time. I mean they even have a whole new "ask a question" button so you can write it in and they'll respond. That is the easiest way. Call ins and even Q&A sections at PAX for example are just mostly a echo chamber of the same questions that have been asked multiple times before or really don't have much of an answer to them. If Jeff want's to be some Radio DJ and do a call in show after the bombcast, I guess that's cool, I just don't see any value in doing calls that ALWAYS go wrong in one way or another. I might be just a tad more irritated because of PAX screwing everything up for the next week or two and just have had a crappy last few days in general.

Is there a stream or something right now?
I'm not seeing anything

2IUSxfm.png

Has anyone in here ever played Dead By Daylight?

I'm currently tabbed out of my first ever match. All it's involved has been Michael Myers chasing me, him kicking motors, and me running. Somehow haven't seen another person, and the killer hasn't tried to hook me or anything.

I've escaped 6 times this match so far.

This doesn't seem right?

EDIT - 8 minutes later, 3-4 more escapes, still no murders/deaths/more players.

BTA

I just played several hours of Rabbids.

I'm really enjoying it but there's some slight jank/unintuitive mechanics that admittedly mostly only stick out cause it's a Mario game. Gonna be hard to dedicate time to other games this week with this around, in any case.

boy... call ins... How have they not figured out hearing "Hi caller, what's your name?" followed by silence and then about 15 seconds of trying to figure out of the caller is there or not and having then say hi, is not fun or enjoyable at all? It happens every time. I was watching the Whiskey Media SNES stream this weekend and man, hearing it today made me realize that call ins are pointless and worth less.

I was the final caller today, so I can tell you why that happened from my end.

I got a message from Ben saying he was going to come to me next. Before I could even reply with an "Okay," I was called. NBD, I was ready, but the first thing I heard on my end was "You were just typing," so clearly the calls don't connect instantly on Discord like Ben may think.

All they need to do to minimize it is give a few seconds leeway before they start addressing the caller directly. I was going to tell Ben this after on Twitter or something, but I had to go to work right after (and I'm currently on a break.)

i sort of want them to play comedy night again on stream now that it is on steam
but i also dont want them to play comedy night again
but i do

Mr. F

Banned
Man I can't get over how good Mario + Rabbids looks. Really plays to the strengths of the system, and the lighting in particular is really well done. While Odyssey looks great I kind of wish it would pull more in that stylized and densely detailed direction rather than the photorealism, it inevitably falls short due to hardware limitation (New Donk City and that forest world look pretty rough in spots).

They had another call in today?

It's a regular thing they're trying after the podcast

"Come on, big guy. Do something."

It's kind of crazy that a single line in the Destiny 2 intro mission conveys more story and character than the entirety of Destiny 1 and its absurd amount of "lore."

(I'm still not exactly hopeful about the quality of writing in 2, but I'll be happy if there are at least occasional moments of characters feeling like, well, characters)

Mr. F

Banned
"Come on, big guy. Do something."

It's kind of crazy that a single line in the Destiny 2 intro mission conveys more story and character than the entirety of Destiny 1 and its absurd amount of "lore."

(I'm still not exactly hopeful about the quality of writing in 2, but I'll be happy if there are at least occasional moments of characters feeling like, well, characters)

I read that in a what I assume to be nathan fillion voice and its already putting me off

Top Bottom