• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT31| I Think it Might Be for Show

I read that in a what I assume to be nathan fillion voice and its already putting me off

It's someone else, but yeah, the fact that they're leaning hard into the "Fillion being snarky" angle in general is what has me kind of doubting how much the writing in 2 will actually improve.

How representative of Mario and Rabbids is that QL? It's not so great at capturing the general feeling of Mario. Comes of more as Mario characters guest starring in a Rabbids game.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
How representative of Mario and Rabbids is that QL? It's not so great at capturing the general feeling of Mario. Comes of more as Mario characters guest starring in a Rabbids game.

And that's what makes it really fun.

It's like the mushroom kingdom had no fucking idea what hit'em.

They've figured out how to make golf fun!

DIWsj5qXcAEHr_F.jpg:small

Megasoum

Banned
Mario + Rabbids is fun but for some reason I think I'm having more fun running around the world and finding the secrets than the actual combat?

Mr. F

Banned
Just realized there hasn't been a guest article in 4 months. RIP? They never seemed like a good fit anyways.

There doesn't seem to be a dedicated news editor that would curate that stuff anymore, as mentioned it was kind of Austin's initiative. I haven't kept up with Waypoint but I wouldn't be surprised if those contributors moved on to work with them.

Sabas

Banned
Could've sworn Alex was taking care of columns for a bit there after Austin left. Shame. I liked the columns even if they weren't a main draw to the site.

BTA

I went back to play Rabbids and now it's past midnight, oops; I even specifically meant to get up and do something in the middle of playing for a few minutes and forgot.

I'm still in world 1 but I think the combat and how to use different abilities together is clicking more for me, so that's good.

I will say that this game really thinks it's as charming as the average Nintendo game and... it's not? A lot of Beep-0's dialogue and observations of the Rabbids just sounds kinda off, like it's trying too hard to be funny. I will also say, as I saw that coming, the writing is still better than I expected and so far the Rabbids hijinks have been ok, a little too much toilet humor aside.

And the stat screens and such explicitly use "she" for Rabbid Peach, so I feel reasonably sure I can stop being as worried about them going for something transphobic with her.

i'll send you an invite to the secret discord where we discuss what we're going to kill next

Already? I thought we just killed Miiverse.

ryseing

You guys remember when they made a Knack game and it was really bad?

Yeah they made a second one and it's still shitty

You're telling me that GAF memed something shitty?

Shocking, especially considering the Oscar contender that is Thor 2: The Dark World.

Steams storefront fucking sucks.

Like, what if I want to browse games by publisher and not by some generic term like "Action" that includes a racing game and fucking sonic? When I think action I think things that blow up.

Goddamn. I want to spend money and buy a game, and Steam is like the most sobering remedy to spending money.

Steams storefront fucking sucks.

Like, what if I want to browse games by publisher and not by some generic term like "Action" that includes a racing game and fucking sonic? When I think action I think things that blow up.

Goddamn. I want to spend money and buy a game, and Steam is like the most sobering remedy to spending money.

I'm almost positive you can look up games by publisher.

Antiwhippy

Eh.

I feel like that's kinda nuts for a store that lets you self-publish.

But Steam could have a curated list of notable publishers I guess, but then you're asking Valve to do any curating. :p

Also I don't think you can do it on PSN either?

And PSN sucks for that reason too. Atleast PSN just gives you an A-Z list and puts the notable publisher games in the forefront. There's just so much garbage on Steam.

Antiwhippy

It's actually kinda hard to find the garbage unless you directly influenced the algorithm to direct it your way.

Like most of my garbage is all the anime garbage coming out.

But I made it that way.

Me.

Man, this Mario Rabbis QL was done on one of the worst levels to show off the game. The dust effects make it look really bad. I'm excited for it to come tomorrow though.

patapuf

The Xcom 2 expansion is great. the new content fits in neatly and gives much more personality to the aliens and the humans.

I just wonder how long the campaign is going to be with all that stuff.

Top Bottom