• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT31| I Think it Might Be for Show

I played 15 minutes of Borderlands 2 on the Vita. Between the performance and this hologram lady telling me the basura bot was "a funny little robot," I had enough. I did play Borderlands 1 and wasn't terribly fond of it.

Catvoca

Banned
Borderlands 2 is a good podcast game. I've never finished it but I just picked up an old save and started playing it again on PS4. Their cross-save process between PS3 and PS4 was actually pretty awesome and completely painless.

patapuf

I had fun with borderlands 2 but not enough to justify the 100+hours i put into it.

Though, that's true of most loot games that are primarily played in coop. Time just flies.

Also, i liked a lot of the humor. It was bad but i still laughed.

Meguro

Banned
I can't complain about anyone wasting their time in bad games because I spent like 100 hours in Vanilla Destiny 1.
I'm also going to get Destiny 2 at launch because I don't learn my lesson.

Diancecht

What's this about Jeff's wife? I read it on a YouTube comment that she has a lump? I have no idea how that thing works but its not serious.

Hindl

I did co-op through borderlands 2 with a friend. I remember tiny Tina and I think Jack turns into a dragon or something at the end

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Huh.

Apparently "how did i spend X amount of hours in borderlands 2" thing is more common than i thought. :p

I actually like borderlands 2 though mind you.

In the "Borderlands 2 boat" with everyone else, even bought the PS4 re-release. At its core the game is a semi-competent shooter (though I hate how gun accuracy makes the guns sway like crazy and miss shots that are perfectly targeted), and somehow is the only good co-op, open world FPS?

Please Gearbox, drop all the dick, poop, butt jokes for 3. The Telltale game showed all of us your universe is plenty interesting without those shoved in our faces every 5 seconds. Don't make a game Internet Dan would love.

Hasney

Also, don't bother with the Dragon Style, it's janky like the PS2 version of it in the same ways. I used the 3 new 0 styles way more.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Man, so Brad haven't played Half Life 2 since 2004. I have replayed that game so many times.
Bralf- Life, Brad replays the Half life series. HL1, HL: Opposing Force, HL: That Barney Game, HL2, HL2: Episode 1, HL2: Episode 2.

Oakinn

Super in the minority here, but I loved borderlands 2 enough to get the platinum in it. I know the humor is kinda lame, but had no idea people thought the gameplay was also bad.

patapuf

Super in the minority here, but I loved borderlands 2 enough to get the platinum in it. I know the humor is kinda lame, but had no idea people thought the gameplay was also bad.

The gunplay is simply a bit mediocre and many don't like it when stats affect your accuracy in an action game.

The point in it's favor is that it was basically the only semi-competent loot-shooter until destiny (and warframe if you want to count that).

Oakinn

The gunplay is simply a bit mediocre and many don't like it when stats affect your accuracy in an action game.

The point in it's favor is that it was basically the only semi-competent loot-shooter until destiny (and warframe if you want to count that).

Fair enough. Playing in a group probably masked some of its deficiencies. I'll still be there for BL3

xuchu

Surprised Ben is liking Path of Exile. Thought it would be too overwhelming for him judging from his comments on UPF. Wish he would have corrected Jeff about buying respec points from store as it's only cosmetic stuff but maybe he didn't know. Free to play has such a bad rep that even one of the best implementations of it may be assumed to have pay to win aspects.

Surprised Ben is liking Path of Exile. Thought it would be too overwhelming for him judging from his comments on UPF. Wish he would have corrected Jeff about buying respec points from store as it's only cosmetic stuff but maybe he didn't know. Free to play has such a bad rep that even one of the best implementations of it may be assumed to have pay to win aspects.

I've played a lot of PoE this week. It definitely has one of the better monetization models of a f2p game. You probably don't have to spend any money on it. I ended up dropping some dosh on a currency tab and a premium quad tab at my brother's recommendation.

I played a bit of it a couple of years ago. Jumping back in is overwhelming to some degree, but it isn't anything too severe. Currency, what to pick up, where to spec if not following a build or whatever could be tough without someone to lean on for advice but the size of the passive tree shouldn't put people off IMO.

BTA

Listened to the start of the Bonbcast to catch Jeff's stuff.

Didn't realize how much I missed the podcast; would definitely start listening again if I didn't have a growing podcast backlog right now already.

TraBuch

Banned
What the fuck. You guys post too fast and I wasn't able to ask for multiplayer East vs West TLoU on the last page and now they'll never do it. Thanks a lot.

Top Bottom