• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT31| I Think it Might Be for Show

Hoo-doo

Banned
Why don't they do more community games of PUBG?

The one test stream they did with private servers was a fucking blast. 95 community zombies versus a 5-man GB squad. Shotguns only. Crate droprate x5, final destination.

imBask

Banned
Why don't they do more community games of PUBG?

The one test stream they did with private servers was a fucking blast. 95 community zombies versus a 5-man GB squad. Shotguns only. Crate droprate x5, final destination.

The problem with community PUBG is that it's basically impossible to avoid having a couple of 12 year old stream sniper out of 100 people

So I made fun of the first Destiny a lot, but after playing through the beta strike on PC with two friends, it was immediately clear that I am destined (!) to lose hundreds of hours to this game.

Now the reality of that ~6-week delay on PC sets in.

daveo42

Banned
Chernobyl going up this afternoon. Longest vid from Drew from his first trip.

butter on sandwhich is like standard here

Mayo is the spread of choice for most in the US. Plus, most people use margarine as opposed to actual butter because "fats" are bad.

LiK

So I made fun of the first Destiny a lot, but after playing through the beta strike on PC with two friends, it was immediately clear that I am destined (!) to lose hundreds of hours to this game.

Now you understand the reason why people played so much of it.

oti

Banned

Playing Destiny with friends over PSN was one of my favourite experiences this gen. Vanilla Destiny was boring, but chatting with others was fun. And everyone played it. I could play in the evening with friends in Europe and in the mornign with a friend in Japan. Once they all jumped ship after a week it was pretty much over though. And I don't care about loot enough to play those games forever.

If Destiny 2 was 30 Euros I'd get it at launch for that experience. But it's full price and I have enough games to play already.

tesqui

I tried Mayonnaise in replacement to butter on grilled cheese and it's really fucking gross. Not sure what broken taste buds they have.

edit: that may have been a little aggressive. I might be the broken one.

Listening to the Bcast.

I hope Jeff's lady gets good news. I have been there and waiting to get the results back even though they tell you you are more then likely ok still sucks

So bummer the GBW video Duder job is for a jr position. They really need someone in SF who knows they are doing video wise.

Now you understand the reason why people played so much of it.
I totally do. How does the beta's strike compare to the average strike from D1?
Playing Destiny with friends over PSN was one of my favourite experiences this gen. Vanilla Destiny was boring, but chatting with others was fun. And everyone played it. I could play in the evening with friends in Europe and in the mornign with a friend in Japan. Once they all jumped ship after a week it was pretty much over though. And I don't care about loot enough to play those games forever.

If Destiny 2 was 30 Euros I'd get it at launch for that experience. But it's full price and I have enough games to play already.
I definitely wouldn't be getting Destiny 2 if I was going to play alone. My co-op group and I have been stuck with Mass Effect Andromeda for so long, it's a godsend to have a great new game to play together.

Lari

Sandwich to me is bread, butter, lettuce, tomato slice, cheese and ham, butter and bread.
Precisely in that order. That was basically my lunch for years at my old job place.

So no Steal My Sunshine on the upcoming box still... I knew this was a strong possibility, but le sad.

Gurrry

Just wanna say I was bitching about no Mario+Rabbids QL, but that was before the podcast and before they put it on the schedule. Glad that they were able to get this stuff about before PAX! Good stuff duders!

And T&P with Jeff and his wife. Stay positive and things will be alright!

In regards to everyone's fluctuating interests in PUBG:

They should just do Multiplayer Mondays, and whoever is around/home those days can join. That way they rotate the games (instead of being tied to a certain title) and maybe add a little more excitement.

derFeef

In regards to everyone's fluctuating interests in PUBG:

They should just do Multiplayer Mondays, and whoever is around/home those days can join. That way they rotate the games (instead of being tied to a certain title) and maybe add a little more excitement.

Or.... Multiplayer... Thursdays... like... Throwdowns.

I really like Borderlands 2. Some of the art design and environments are still beautiful. I'm in the minority of actually liking the general light-hearted tone of that game compared to, like, whatever the fuck Destiny was trying to do, but I also played the entire game in co-op so talking with my friends probably drowned out 90% of the dumb jokes.

I'm at Murder Island overload. Unless they start mixing it up and bring in guests or do custom games, I'm done with it.

Yeah I think I'm about there as well. They're not improving and it's basically 90 minutes of them calling out stuff they found as they loot forever, some bad firefights, and the occasional hilarity that'll probably find its way into a Best Of. They need to bring in a ringer for these streams or it's just gonna be the same comedy of errors every time.

daveo42

Banned
You're right about bologna, but turkey is nearly top-tier!

I guess it might depend on your enjoyment of turkey, but I find it to either be too dry or too oily (i think that's the right word for the that turkey sheen). I'd tend to go towards cuts of beef, ham, or salami. Chicken isn't bad but is better hot than cold.

Lari

I still enjoy Murder Island.
Every week there's at least one good LOL moment that makes it worth it, imo.

But if it became a mandatory slot for different games on a weekly basis wouldn't it suffer a similar fate to UPF?

Top Bottom