• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT31| I Think it Might Be for Show

I'm fine with continuing Murder Mondays, but would be down for some shakeup. More custom stuff, different guests (though that means someone from the crew would have to sit out), or something. That said, I still do want to see them get a traditional full GB 4 player chicken dinner.

I still enjoy Murder Island.
Every week there's at least one good LOL moment that makes it worth it, imo.

But if it became a mandatory slot for different games on a weekly basis wouldn't it suffer a similar fate to UPF?

I was thinking more they could just extrapolate out the rotation of games on that day.

PUBG
Destiny 2
DOTA (if they want to remove that 'feature')
WoW
Splatoon 2
Overwatch
SFV

Are all popular or remotely popular for multiplayer games, and different people can play the ones that appeal to them then.

For me, the appeal of Murder Island is them all getting together to play a game they enjoy. If they can find a suitable replacement then I'm all for it.

Lari

I was thinking more they could just extrapolate out the rotation of games on that day.

PUBG
Destiny 2
DOTA (if they want to remove that 'feature')
WoW
Splatoon 2
Overwatch
SFV

Are all popular or remotely popular for multiplayer games, and different people can play the ones that appeal to them then.

I definitely wouldn't mind watching some Splatoon.

Light years ahead of D1. Felt more like a Raid except without the puzzle elements.
It did seem like a mini-raid. Even though we had nothing invested into the pre-fab characters, I instantly got that loot dopamine hit when we beat it. Can't wait for it! Runs like a dream on PC, too.
No. It depends entirely on the quality of the ham. If it is some Subway tier plastic shit then yeah, it is pretty bad. If it is leg ham you prepared and cooked yourself there probably isn't a better sandwhich meat.

I guess it might depend on your enjoyment of turkey, but I find it to either be too dry or too oily (i think that's the right word for the that turkey sheen). I'd tend to go towards cuts of beef, ham, or salami. Chicken isn't bad but is better hot than cold.

Alright guys, make me a kick-ass ham sandwich and I promise I'll give it a fair assessment.

TraBuch

Banned
Speaking of STALKER, I have a game on steam called STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl, is it that one that's considered good?
Chernobyl and Pripyat are the good ones, Clear Sky is not good.

If you're gonna play Chernobyl, it's heavily recommended you use some mods. Specifically the Zone Reclamation Project mod, which has many, many bug fixes, and graphical mods.

There's also the Complete mod, but it makes the game way easier. STALKER diehards usually recommend against it.

Take the Hitsmas concept and add it to Murder Mondays.

Have a 'deck' of randomized modifiers, where each player has to pick one and they run with that.

Hypothetical Example:

-Dan draws 'Designated Driver' and can never not be the driver
-Brad draws 'Trusting Neighbor', and can never close doors
-Jeff draws 'Chosen one', and has to be given the best gear when anyone on the squad finds it
-Ben draws 'Shotguns Only', which is pretty self explanatory

Secondary deck that determines where they have to land

Lari

Sonic Mania is my personal game of the year.
It brought so many childhood memories.

Plus I can play it on my laptop, which instantly puts it above all the other games that I can't play on it.

TraBuch

Banned
Take the Hitsmas concept and add it to Murder Mondays.

Have a 'deck' of randomized modifiers, where each player has to pick one and they run with that.

Hypothetical Example:

-Dan draws 'Designated Driver' and can never not be the driver
-Brad draws 'Trusting Neighbor', and can never close doors
-Jeff draws 'Chosen one', and has to be given the best gear when anyone on the squad finds it
-Ben draws 'Shotguns Only', which is pretty self explanatory

Secondary deck that determines where they have to land
I'm guessing they see no reason to add challenges to the feature when they can't even win it without the extra challenges.

strafer

Call of Pripyat is the one to play. It's better technically and was made with a lot of lessons learned from Shadow of Chernobyl and Clear Sky.

Chernobyl and Pripyat are the good ones, Clear Sky is not good.

If you're gonna play Chernobyl, it's heavily recommended you use some mods. Specifically the Zone Reclamation Project mod, which has many, many bug fixes, and graphical mods.

There's also the Complete mod, but it makes the game way easier. STALKER diehards usually recommend against it.

Thanks! Will look into it.

imBask

Banned
I have no nostalgia, or hatred for Sonic, I only played the Gamegear one and to be honest... I'm never gonna finish Sonic Mania

it's ok, I just don't feel anything for that game. The parts where you go fast feels good, but the platforming is really bad so I moved on pretty quick

hamchan

Yakuza Kiwami is a heck of a game that I'm enjoying way more compared to my one and only playthrough of Yakuza 1 a decade ago.

Also if Dan hated 0 because he had to play the (amazing) boss battles, he sure will super hate Kiwami's boss battles.

daveo42

Banned
Oh right...just got back to the Vivid Radio station talk on the podcast. I listened to about 30sec of it and it's 100% what you think it is. It's equal parts hilarious and depressing, hosted by a sultry British woman.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I was kinda worried that Mario + Rabbids will be "Baby's first XCOM" or something, but the game actually offers you a lot of tactical option. Really enjoying it so far.

Speaking of STALKER, I have a game on steam called STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl, is it that one that's considered good?

Man, Stalker is one of my favorite FPS games of all time. Such an amazing atmosphere.
The only one not great is Clear Sky. If you want to play the game, do yourself a favor and install some mods, there is some fantastic stuff out there.
Edit: A bit late

I have no nostalgia, or hatred for Sonic, I only played the Gamegear one and to be honest... I'm never gonna finish Sonic Mania

it's ok, I just don't feel anything for that game. The parts where you go fast feels good, but the platforming is really bad so I moved on pretty quick

Yeah, I feel the same tbh. Game doesn't do anything for me.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I was kinda worried that Mario + Rabbids will be "Baby's first XCOM" or something, but the game actually offers you a lot of tactical option. Really enjoying it so far.

Man, Stalker is one of my favorite FPS games of all time. Such an amazing atmosphere.
The only one not great is Clear Sky. If you want to play the game, do yourself a favor and install some mods, there is some fantastic stuff out there.

How hyped are you for the new metro.

I'm at like omega levels hype.

killroy87

stop_dont_come_back_willy_wonka.gif

Hasney

Watched a couple of streams of people playing Windjammers for the first time and so glad people seem to be digging it. It just feels right unlike Disc Jam.

Fantastapotamus

It's those soviet era sensibilities.

Yeah probably.
Also I think it's very sincere while most "american" post apocalyptic stuff wants to be satirical. It helps that the first Metro book is really, really good.

(Man, that fucking plane sequence in Last Light was so good)

TraBuch

Banned
I wish the Metro games were a bit more open. I have no problem with linear, narrative-heavy games (The Last of Us is still one of my favorite games of all time, and the multiplayer mode is pretty fucking great. I bet the duders would have fun with it in a four on four match), but the world of Metro is fascinating and seems like something that would fit the open-world format nicely.

I wish the Metro games were a bit more open. I have no problem with linear, narrative-heavy games (The Last of Us is still one of my favorite games of all time, and the multiplayer mode is pretty fucking great. I bet the duders would have fun with it in a four on four match), but the world of Metro is fascinating and seems like something that would fit the open-world format nicely.

I've got good news

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDE44mGkLD4

Fantastapotamus

I'm always worried when a game goes open world. Especially Metro, since they did such a good job with detailed environment and, well, it's called Metro. Those cramped spaces really added some tension for me.
I was super relieved to hear it's not going full open world, I really hope this game will be the best of both worlds.

Top Bottom