• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT31| I Think it Might Be for Show

Jeff musing on mixlr at how one of the downsides of doing so much personality-driven video is that when hard times happen, it's a lot tougher to be 'present' and 'on' during those recordings. Compared to the days of written reviews where it was a more isolated, personal thing that he could control the pace of.

TraBuch

Banned

Forgot all about that trailer. Dope.

I'm always worried when a game goes open world. Especially Metro, since they did such a good job with detailed environment and, well, it's called Metro. Those cramped spaces really added some tension for me.
I was super relieved to hear it's not going full open world, I really hope this game will be the best of both worlds.
You can still have the cramped environments in an open-world game. STALKER is one of the most tense games I've ever played.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
You can still have the cramped environments in an open-world game. STALKER is one of the most tense games I've ever played.

I know, but after the announcement trailer I was worried they would go in a different direction.

Those fucking Bloodsuckers in Stalker gave me nightmares back then. Urgh, hate them so much

Hasney

Jeff musing on mixlr at how one of the downsides of doing so much personality-driven video is that when hard times happen, it's a lot tougher to be 'present' and 'on' during those recordings. Compared to the days of written reviews where it was a more isolated, personal thing that he could control the pace of.

Damn, but yeah, I can feel him. You can't just hide away and type stuff to be posted, you gotta talk about games while shits on your mind.

I've thought about that before. Some days I just don't feel like being 'on' in the way they have to be, let alone when there's a serious life event that is occupying your mind.

killroy87

It's especially compounded for Jeff (and Giant Bomb as a whole), who generally go out of their way to keep personal life out of it. Other than Dan, and I suppose Jason, I know incredibly little about the Crew's personal lives. Which is how it should be. But I can definitely sympathize with how that makes their day to day jobs tougher.

Considering how out of character it is for Jeff to just out and talk about his personal life, I can tell he's super worried (who wouldn't be). I hope everything turns out okay for them, the GB Crew has had to deal with enough tragedy through the years.

Harpuia

Since Dota's currently the topic of the thread, I've gotten back into it due to the International (judging by my dota play history, this seems to always be the case going back 3 years..except for last year. My last match before this year was late August, 2015 :p).

I've noticed a lot more Spanish speakers playing dota. It's kind of nice, being a Spanish speaker myself. I wonder why this is though.

On the small plus side, it was again mentioned that GB is doing very well (in the context of a meeting he's attending today and the value of reminding the company that they're well in their little corner)

PLAY CHILD OF LIGHT IF YOU'RE EUROPEAN

IT'S A GREAT GAME

ALEX WAS WRONG

YES

One of the few times I've wholeheartedly disagreed with Alex. 2014 GOTY. What a beautiful, beautiful game.

Just change the difficulty to Expert because IIRC it defaults to Casual, and that makes battles snoozefests.

Hasney

I assume Steal my Sunshine isn't on the schedule not because of PAX, but because the Nindies Showcase Summer will blow their socks off and it's rude to stream barefoot.

Still paying for Sunshine.

I really don't get Jeff's XCOM2 hate, it's a much better game than XCOM. Plus I seem to remember XCOM having a fair few issues at launch.

Ashby

I assume Steal my Sunshine isn't on the schedule not because of PAX, but because the Nindies Showcase Summer will blow their socks off and it's rude to stream barefoot.

Steamworld Dig 2 release date is gonna be the hottest news of the goddamn year

daveo42

Banned
Drew's vid was real good. Chernobyl is such an interesting place.
I also loved the bit where he got separated from the group. Scary as shit, but hilarious at the same time.
Can't wait to see what he does next.

PLAY CHILD OF LIGHT IF YOU'RE EUROPEAN

IT'S A GREAT GAME

ALEX WAS WRONG

It's definitely worth playing. Also, play on hard mode. Only way to play the game and makes the combat system really shine.

Xater

Still paying for Sunshine.

I really don't get Jeff's XCOM2 hate, it's a much better game than XCOM. Plus I seem to remember XCOM having a fair few issues at launch.

Yeah technical complaints I get, but the game is really better. And now with this expansion it's just fantastic. So much cool new stuff.

Lunar FC

I didn't like anything they've shown tho

Jesus Christ, Kentucky Route Zero Ep 5 is still not out?

I bought ep 1 when it came out and decieded to wait until the entire game was completed to play through it.

tumblr_l4btqwdFol1qaqps8o1_500.gif

Hindl

I want at least 80% shown so far. Meat Boy, Steamworld Dig 2, MOTHERFUCKING GOLF STORY, Next Up Hero, Mulaka... Goddamn my poor wallet.
Seriously I'm 5 minutes behind but I already have like 3 games. And I'm so glad golf story is out so soon

New Cloth Map video is awesome.

Drew's vid was real good. Chernobyl is such an interesting place.
I also loved the bit where he got separated from the group. Scary as shit, but hilarious at the same time.
Can't wait to see what he does next.
If I were the one holding the camera there would have been a looooot more swearing lol

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Well, at least I won't have to worry about starving to death.
I haven't seen a single game I want to buy

(And no, I don't count NMH cause that could be anything)

Edit: Sorry, wrong thread

Hasney

Well, at least I won't have to worry about starving to death.
I haven't seen a single game I want to buy

(And no, I don't count NMH cause that could be anything)

Edit: Sorry, wrong thread

That's OK, those of us with souls will be having too much fun to notice.

I mean, look at this elephant. What if you didn't give the game money and this cute elephant starved to death via not getting another game?

zarvkkcsqjcrvzuet4vz.gif

LOOK AT THE ELEPHANT

TraBuch

Banned
Has No More Heroes just never done anything for anybody else? As someone who actually likes most of Suda51's games, something about that game has always just annoyed the shit out of me.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Has No More Heroes just never done anything for anybody else? As someone who actually likes most of Suda51's games, something about that game has always just annoyed the shit out of me.

I've never liked it. Combats not fun and Travis is completely unlikeable

SOTD > NMH every time

Hasney

Golf Story, Steam World and that Dog Party game (my god daughter will love it) for me.

On top of the ones I mentioned above, Yono and Light Fingers will likely be mine too. I love good video game board games (The Culdecept Revolt delay hurts) and that looks right up my alley and my girlfriend loves that type of thing too, so win win.

Like, even if Travis Strikes Back is a collection of older popular indie games tied together with a Suda51 story, I'm down. Suda wrote for Fire Pro and had Ric Flair murders your tag partner, so he never steers me wrong.

I've never liked it. Combats not fun and Travis is completely unlikeable

SOTD > NMH every time

It was alright, one of his weaker efforts in terms of gameplay, but I love the world.

I see the first game as a good midpoint between Grasshopper's really, really weird early stuff and the later stuff which is way more playable but is just vapid grindhouse worship with Suda's named slapped on the box.

oti

Banned
On top of the ones I mentioned above, Yono and Light Fingers will likely be mine too. I love good video game board games (The Culdecept Revolt delay hurts) and that looks right up my alley and my girlfriend loves that type of thing too, so win win.

Like, even if Travis Strikes Back is a collection of older popular indie games tied together with a Suda51 story, I'm down. Suda wrote for Fire Pro and had Ric Flair murders your tag partner, so he never steers me wrong.

That board game looks interesting. Need to know more about it.

The elephant game looks super cute, but kinda boring.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
to be fair, SOTD was much more Mikami and Yamaoka and the Italian director dude than Suda

I always heard Suda is lazy as fuck

Top Bottom