• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT31| I Think it Might Be for Show

BTA

Is the audio desynced for anyone else? Guess I should reload...

I was wondering why Abby was still shouting after the watermelon already broke and then I realized their faces were out of sync, hah.

They just have to get the watermelon to the front of the pier, right? There's no way she'll have to delicately guide it over the water?

Edit: ohhh geeeeeez

Also, the McElroys are too big for GB. Frankly, I'm surprised they're still with Polygon.

I think since Justin's a co-founder they have more free reign there than they would most places which is why they stay.

Also anyone else feel like Abby gets stuck with some of the worst puzzles? Just bad luck of the draw?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I mean, it's more or less just their day job, though I think at one point they mentioned that they were able to work a little less due to their podcasts. But I don't think the podcast ads/live shows are actually enough to be their main job? It's not like they have a Patreon or anything, though of course that'd go very well for them if they did.

Though regarding GB- the other thing is that neither of them would move. Beyond that, I'd really rather that GB pretty much never hire an established person again, or at least never poach someone who's already working at a large site. I'd rather see cool new people get into the industry than someone already established just jump jobs.

the problem is the amount of jobs in the games media industry is going down not up

BTA

Can't wait to come back to y'all and talk about #content

Have been gone because my premium ran out and I have been jobless for two months. Just got a call today from one of my old jobs wanting me back! Lots of pressure has been lifted... :p

Just in time for Destiny 2 too! I made a GB GAF clan and if you want to join, you can send a request from this link: https://www.bungie.net/en/ClanV2/Chat?groupId=2108174

OH THANK THE LORD! That bridge was the scariest thing I've seen in a week.

EDIT: Dan, that's fucking vengeance for setting Abby up for failure in the Exquisite Squad.

Can't wait to come back to y'all and talk about #content

Have been gone because my premium ran out and I have been jobless for two months. Just got a call today from one of my old jobs wanting me back! Lots of pressure has been lifted... :p

Just in time for Destiny 2 too! I made a GB GAF clan and if you want to join, you can send a request from this link: https://www.bungie.net/en/ClanV2/Chat?groupId=2108174

Damn, sorry to hear that but at the same time great to hear that you got one of your old job back! your presence has been missed around here.

f0oO183.png

BTA

The McElroys have crossed over to the mainstream. They don't need to work at Polygon. They have the MBMBaM show that was one of only two shows retained by VRV, TAZ graphic novel, writing other stuff, appearing on TV, close, personal friends with Carly Rae Jepsen.

They're living the life.

I mean, the loss of Seeso means the show might not get a second season, I think their dad's the only one who's actually doing work on the graphic novel (beyond licensing, of course), and being friends with LMM doesn't exactly pay anything (though it has led to some hilarious moments).

My point is just that I love their work and they're incredibly popular but I don't think any of it pays well enough (as things are currently) to support 3 people, hah.

I mean, the loss of Seeso means the show might not get a second season, I think their dad's the only one who's actually doing work on the graphic novel (beyond licensing, of course), and being friends with LMM doesn't exactly pay anything (though it has led to some hilarious moments).

My point is just that I love their work and they're incredibly popular but I don't think any of it pays well enough (as things are currently) to support 3 people, hah.

If it did, Travis probably wouldn't be recording a podcast for borderline every day of the week.

Top Bottom