• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT31| I Think it Might Be for Show

Hearing Jeff wanting to cut off on sodas and try sparkling waters warms my heart. It's a tough road as a guy who did the same BUT he can do it.

I did the same a couple of years ago. It was tough at first, but it's all good now. I have the occasional Apple Soda every couple of months, but mostly it's tea, water and sparkling waters.

TraBuch

Banned
Sparkling water fucking sucks without sugar, and if you're getting sparkling water with sugar, why not just keep drinking sodas?

KingKong

this is my shit

NS_products_solo_Thumb_Lg_Peach.jpg

Poppy

unless you subscribe to some fake sugar phobia nonsense why would you bother switching, pretty sure jeff usually drank diet pepsi afaik anyway

i mean if you wanna get off caffeine sure i guess

i really dont like sparkling water

^izzes are fuckin full of sugar and cost more^

haha

so related but

Game Grumps is doing a run of a sonic game, and Kingdom Hearts is mentioned. The exchange went something like this

"Neat! I'd like to watch you play Kingdom Hearts!"
"No you wouldn't"

I couldn't help but think that's true for Ben.

Stoze

Still paying for Sunshine.

I really don't get Jeff's XCOM2 hate, it's a much better game than XCOM. Plus I seem to remember XCOM having a fair few issues at launch.
Yeah, hearing flat out "XCOM 2 - not a great game" is kind of baffling to me, especially when they're looking back at XCOM EU with complete reverence. EU had and still has a ton of problems for a lot of players.

I will say Firaxis not tuning up the base game along with WotC sucks because apparently the improvements are pretty dramatic. Even if it did a ton of stuff under the hood that makes it hard to apply to the base game, it obviously would've gone a long way with post-release reception. I'm still playing vanilla XCOM 2 though and I love it.

Jintor

I've got to shift to diet stuff.

I actually cut out soda completely while in Japan, but ever since moving home and getting a crazy stressful job I finally noticed I was back to a can a day habit on soda. Gotta cut that shit out

I actually cut out soda completely while in Japan, but ever since moving home and getting a crazy stressful job I finally noticed I was back to a can a day habit on soda. Gotta cut that shit out

I don't think you want to shift to diet.

valeo

Isn't diet stuff just as bad?

Ashby

One can a day is fine, dude

I mean.

They both ignore scientific research on some of the most scrutinised chemicals and only follow what they personally believe.

After researching myself, I've concluded that both are bad and even juice is bad(unless you prepare it fresh with your own hands). Regular water = good. Sparkling water = good. Sparkling flavored water = not as good but it is still a better alternative than soda as a whole.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Preparing juice fresh with your own hands has nothing to do with making juice healthy, which is a weird hippy reasoning for it. It is better than bottled stuff because bottle stuff adds a boatload of sugar unless specified but as long as you're getting rid of that fibre you're still just drinking sugar water.

Why not just eat the fruit in that case?

Preparing juice fresh with your own hands has nothing to do with making juice healthy, which is a weird hippy reasoning for it. It is better than bottled stuff because bottle stuff adds a boatload of sugar unless specified but as long as you're getting rid of that fibre it's just as bad as sugar soda.

Why not just eat the fruit in that case?

I mean yeah that's what I was getting at. Which is why I don't drink juice nor make one at all, it also depends on the fruit you want to drink if I'm not mistaken. But anyways, I'm a water/flavored water kind of dude now.

Top Bottom