• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT31| I Think it Might Be for Show

I haven't played a lot of Kiwami this week...

Got too invested in winning a Super Bowl in Madden 18.

I achieved that today, so now I'm going forward with Kiwami.

Enjoyed what I've played so far.

Megasoum

Banned
I don't think I'm enjoying Mario + Rabbids nearly as much as I expected. It became one of my most anticipated games of the year, but after it got here in the mail today I haven't really played it that much. It's not that it's a bad game or anything, I just have very little desire to push forward in it. Not sure what isn't clicking. It's like it's too easy almost? Like it's just kind of... there.

I'm enjoying the game but for some reason I'm kinda bummed every time I see a combat zone coming up around the corner lol... I guess that's not a good sign?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I've made a good boy
21167072_10209777037195091_6520680257403546824_o.jpg

just a coupon code email and I can still renew my subscription for the discounted price... am I missing something?

edit: nevermind, they already charged me even though it's not supposed to go through until tomorrow lol

On Sunshine ep7. The timing of "Oooh, so close..." was perfect beyond recognition. (Bummer Alex passed the controller, though; it's not like they've been passing the controller when missing jumps for the other hub shines.)

As someone who really dug Yakuza 1 and 2 but drifted away as the series started to stuff more, like, stuff into it, it finally just occurred to me that I should maybe check out Kiwami.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I don't think I'm enjoying Mario + Rabbids nearly as much as I expected. It became one of my most anticipated games of the year, but after it got here in the mail today I haven't really played it that much. It's not that it's a bad game or anything, I just have very little desire to push forward in it. Not sure what isn't clicking. It's like it's too easy almost? Like it's just kind of... there.

It ramps up.

Wish Ben would focus more on Brad and get rid of that shitty terrain in the Dota videos

The camera skips are jarring as fuck as well, not sure if there's anything you can do about that in coaching mode though

It has gotten pretty difficult on the later half of the first world. I have almost died a few times, the skill tree shakes things up and gives each character a purpose and the enemies have more strategies that can screw you over if you are not careful. The first half was really easy though and it wasn't until after the midboss that things ramped up.

Antiwhippy

Listening to F&40s finally and it features my major pet peeve in people asking what will happen in a film.

Just watch the movie!

Given it's PAX the next F&40s can be dead silence for 120 minutes so you can watch whatever film you want and you can pretend the crew are watching it with you whilst being respectfully silent so they don't interrupt the movie.

So after really disliking the destiny 2 beta on ps4 and basically dismissing it... I'm pretty much completely sold on pc. A friend of mine (who also didn't like it on console) said to try the pc beta and wow, it feels so good. That game was meant to be played at 60+ fps. Looks awesome and seems really well optimized too.

I played destiny 1 (vanilla, before any dlc) for like 100-150 hours and enjoyed it but overall was disappointed (didn't live up to the expectations for me). Never even bothered to check out taken king etc because I was such of the grind.

Time to eat some crow lol.

Antiwhippy

So I can confirm that F&40s is still fun without watch the movie simultaneously which is a yayerz for me.

Also can confirm that Abby gets really drunk.

God I love house marquee. Ive played nearly everything they've put out since ssdhd, finally picked up nex machina. Its a treat, it also seems much harder then any of their previous stuff, and that's coming from a guy who has a 100% trophies in stardust and resogun.

How's matterfall? I haven't seen so much as a trailer.

ArjanN

It does ramp up later on.

Alternatively just play the Xcom 2 expansion which is basically a better version of the same thing.

Hasney

It does ramp up later on.

Alternatively just play the Xcom 2 expansion which is basically a better version of the same thing.

It really isn't. Mario and Rabbids is more about finding the right answer like a puzzle game. XCOM is about finding the right way to do things but OH FUCK EVERYONES DEAD.

I say that as someone who played Rabbids most of the weekend and am tired this morning because I was playing War of the Chosen. They're both doing their own thing.

World 1 is a tutorial all the way through really. World 2 ramps things up with enemies having overwatch and the world 2 boss can be a right bugger.

It really isn't. Mario and Rabbids is more about finding the right answer like a puzzle game. XCOM is about finding the right way to do things but OH FUCK EVERYONES DEAD.

I say that as someone who played Rabbids most of the weekend and am tired this morning because I was playing War of the Chosen. They're both doing their own thing.

Yeah. Mario + Rabbids shows you everything and asks you to solve the situation, XCOM doesn't show you anything and asks you to react to it. Very different games, and so far I'm very much enjoying M+R between my Enemy Within (which I just finished on Monday) and War of the Chosen playthroughs.

demidar

I've been playing the XCOM 2 Long War mod.

I started with a squad of 8 people.

As a total conversion it's really good, but I'm also pretty interested in War of the Chosen, and I'm torn between continuing my Long War game or quitting and starting War of the Chosen.

Top Bottom