• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT31| I Think it Might Be for Show

Nerokis

I'm at the Hearthstone part of the Beastcast, and it's been awhile since I've heard someone on a Giant Bomb property so thoroughly geek out over a game. I just had to laugh listening to Pat Baer describe various cards in loving detail. It's appreciated.

Hearthstone is one of the only Blizzard games I've never played and some people seemed like they were on the verge of throwing their audio device into a dumpster at that part, but I enjoyed hearing their thoughts on the new stuff.

Video games were a mistake

HXCUblk.jpg

Tagyhag

I'm at the Hearthstone part of the Beastcast, and it's been awhile since I've heard someone on a Giant Bomb property so thoroughly geek out over a game. I just had to laugh listening to Pat Baer describe various cards in loving detail. It's appreciated.

The weird thing is that he got some of those cards wrong.

Not that there's anything wrong with that, there's a bunch of cards. But it was funny seeing them described wrong with such confidence lol.

Rainmaker

Banned
Someone with more talent than me change out the music in the new Destiny 2 live action trailer with Alex singing Sabotage from the Rock Band GOTY video

Nerokis

Hearthstone is one of the only Blizzard games I've never played and some people seemed like they were on the verge of throwing their audio device into a dumpster at that part, but I enjoyed hearing their thoughts on the new stuff.

Agreed. It's one of those games I'll probably never get into, but will always be at least somewhat curious about. I'm cool with the occasional update. Plus, Pat Baer talks about Hearthstone with a kind of boundless passion that I can't help but love. It''s kind of like listening to Vinny talk about his coin collection.

The weird thing is that he got some of those cards wrong.

Not that there's anything wrong with that, there's a bunch of cards. But it was funny seeing them described wrong with such confidence lol.

Hahaha. That's great.

Meneses

Only thing i'm excited for until the end of the year is Dragon's Dogma re-release.

I do have Destiny 2 pre-ordered because I know i'll play a bunch of it, even though i'm not super excited.

Maybe something comes up that I wasn't expecting and it grabs me, but I doubt it.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I still can't believe they are trying to make that Sonic game look serious, with all the flames and giant robots in the background.
Seriously, people like this? (Don't answer that)

Phatmac

I'm just gonna keep playing Sonic Mania and forget about that bad looking game. All the Sonic I need this year is from that game.

That controller skin is awful to the point where I almost want to have it on one of my backup controllers.

Add in a Persona 3 MC Sonic and I'll pre-order right this damn second.

I'm just gonna keep playing Sonic Mania and forget about that bad looking game. All the Sonic I need this year is from that game.

Yep. Man that game is really, really good. I know it would be a departure, but it would be cool if they added unlockables/collectables to the world so that you had more incentive to try out different routes. I know it would mean that you couldn't get everything in one playthrough, but I think it would be worth it. It would also be cool to add secret exits too. Regardless, Sonic Mania is a great starting point for a new 2D Sonic revival.

daveo42

Banned
That thread on game music from this year makes me want to play Automata again and reminds me that I still need to go back to the original. I made it to the start of Route B but haven't gotten farther.

That thread on game music from this year makes me want to play Automata again and reminds me that I still need to go back to the original. I made it to the start of Route B but haven't gotten farther.

I got exactly as far in Nier 1 earlier this summer. I've really enjoyed it so far (much more than I expected to based on its reputation) but I think I kind of preemptively burned myself out by trying for the platinum.

Finished listening to the recent podcast with Paul Barnett. I'm glad that he seems like he's in a good place. He alludes a bit to working on games that didn't make him happy in the past, and seemed thankful for getting to continue showing up to chat with GB every so often.

daveo42

Banned
I got exactly as far in Nier 1 earlier this summer. I've really enjoyed it so far (much more than I expected to based on its reputation) but I think I kind of preemptively burned myself out by trying for the platinum.

Gave up on that after missing a single side quest in the first half of Part A and didn't realize it until after putting in the work for both the pink seeds and the lunar tear.
I also made sure I had all the weapons to unlock route B instead of playing through the 2nd half of A again.

Hot Take: I like the all hero challenge

Yeah if it didn't have the Xenoblade name I probably would be way less interested in it. Hopefully there's more

Its the only Dota content on Giant Bomb I've wanted to watch. Having Ben there to commentate and coach is a huge help to making Dota interesting.

Top Bottom