• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT31| I Think it Might Be for Show

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
TBF I really don't think that moment can work in a vacuum really. It needed everything that preceded it.

Like Alex said that he knew the general thing before going in but he was still affected by it.

YMMV of course. I tend to be that guy to wiki movie stories as I'm watching it by somehow managed to completely avoid spoiling myself on the game.

Antiwhippy

Mario + Rabbids is really good. Beat World 1 and it's just pretty comforting to play it.

I'm interested

Also Dan admitted Metal Gear Solid is anime and as we all know that's the greatest story in fiction

I'm beyond interested.

Wizard/witch school life sim from the makers of stardew?

Sign me up like, yesterday.

TBF I really don't think that moment can work in a vacuum really. It needed everything that preceded it.

Like Alex said that he knew the general thing before going in but he was still affected by it.

YMMV of course. I tend to be that guy to wiki movie stories as I'm watching it by somehow managed to completely avoid spoiling myself on the game.

Yeah, it definitely doesn't work without all of the stuff building up to it, and Peter had none of that context which made him spoil it thinking it was not a big deal.

I'm also the guy that will read spoilers to entice myself to watch/read/play a certain thing to see how that shit plays out, but I would never share or push that info on others, and especially not when I don't have the full context of what those bullet points mean.

Swery's the first person in my twitter history to re-tweet me. Time to never post again on my perfect account.

DIgLywSV4AAu7Gy.jpg:large

tacoma vid isn't up?

Seems like it got removed(possibly posted by mistake). It was basically them going through the game and the decisions the team made on how to tell the story aside from other details within the game as well as comparing the old build to the finished product of the game.

Antiwhippy

Yeah, it definitely doesn't work without all of the stuff building up to it, and Peter had none of that context which made him spoil it thinking it was not a big deal.

I'm also the guy that will read spoilers to entice myself to watch/read/play a certain thing to see how that shit plays out, but I would never share or push that info on others, and especially not when I don't have the full context of what those bullet points mean.

BTW, this is a pretty good recent SPOILER HEAVY article of the ending and why it works if you're interested.

http://www.avclub.com/with-one-final-death-nier-automatas-ending-redefines-1798551781

Antiwhippy

It's actually kinda fascinating to go back to listen to podcasts back when the switch was about to be released and rediscover how negative the reception was back then. Beastcast was especially pessimistic.

Dan: "I don't think this is going to be a huge hit. I don't think it's going to be a super successful first year."

It's actually kinda fascinating to go back to listen to podcasts back when the switch was about to be released and rediscover how negative the reception was back then. Beastcast was especially pessimistic.

To be fair, the Switch still doesn't really have an identity. It's biggest game so far is Zelda, and thats on other platform. Arms and Splatoon have just failed their landing.

BTW, this is a pretty good recent SPOILER HEAVY article of the ending and why it works if you're interested.

http://www.avclub.com/with-one-final-death-nier-automatas-ending-redefines-1798551781

Thanks for the recommendation, whippy. That was a great read. Looks like that was the author's first video games piece in awhile, too; I should see what other stuff he has written about.

To be fair, the Switch still doesn't really have an identity. It's biggest game so far is Zelda, and thats on other platform. Arms and Splatoon have just failed their landing.

What are the other consoles' identities? For sure the Switch's two biggest games, Zelda and Kart, were both on Wii U, but I don't think that takes away from the niche Nintendo is carving out in the console space with the Switch.

Also, I agree Arms was middling, but Splatoon seems to have gotten a pretty good reception, no?

Hey everyone
Mangos are fucking delicious. I was planning on making a smoothie after slicing them up but decided to just snack on them.

This has been brought to you by the weekly Food Minute™

Mr. F

Banned

I'm struggling to think of a stronger identity than 'the Nintendo first party machine,' for better or worse

I've partly brought this (the NoClip part) up before, but I really would love to see NoClip do a documentary chronicling the history of the Oregon Trial game, including its origins in a Minnesota classroom using printouts showing the results of the students' actions/choices. However, added to that, I think it'd be really neat for there to be a companion piece from Clothmap, where Drew travels and visits the main areas of the game, beginning in Missouri and ending up in Oregon.

I think I'd actually enjoy the latter more.

What are the other consoles' identities? For sure the Switch's two biggest games, Zelda and Kart, were both on Wii U, but I don't think that takes away from the niche Nintendo is carving out in the console space with the Switch.

Also, I agree Arms was middling, but Splatoon seems to have gotten a pretty good reception, no?

Xbox doesn't really have one. Well, it has the cross platform machine in terms of Xbone+Windows.

PS4s identity is the king of everything.

Splatoon already sold like 2million copies. How is that a failure?

A critical failure

A critical one. You don't hear people saying 'boy I play this every night!' Atleast GB.

Mango + curry + prawns ������

I might go scallops over shrimp, but I'd be good with either.

Also, I think despite mangoes, pineapples, and kiwis all having slightly weird textures (especially kiwis for me) I would put them in my Top 3 Fruits.

A critical failure

A critical one. You don't hear people saying 'boy I play this every night!' Atleast GB.

The two games GB have/will be saying that about this year are PUBG and Destiny 2. Both of those are/will be insanely popular, hence lots of talk about them by GB and other outlets, but that doesn't necessarily equate to critical failure or success.

Top Bottom