• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT31| I Think it Might Be for Show

Xbox doesn't really have one. Well, it has the cross platform machine in terms of Xbone+Windows.

PS4s identity is the king of everything.

A critical failure

A critical one. You don't hear people saying 'boy I play this every night!' Atleast GB.
if we base console identities on what the Giant Bomb staff plays every night, then only systems that have PUBG would be worth buying.

Megasoum

Banned
HEY THERE'S NO KNACK II QL

GOD DAMMIT DEATH METALIST! YOU GOT ME AGAIN.

Don't worry

07NGIUe.png

jtar86

Looking at that Destiny spoiler thread I got a feeling we'll get another Jeff rant at Game of the year time. Maybe I'm wrong but it doesn't look like it.

Looking at that Destiny spoiler thread I got a feeling we'll get another Jeff rant at Game of the year time. Maybe I'm wrong but it doesn't look like it.

It'll be interesting to see how much other stuff there is beyond story and strikes. I remember The Taken King having a surprising amount of story stuff after the main campaign.

robotrock

Banned
How are Destiny spoilers getting out? I assume early copies that are out there can't even be played. Did they actually send review copies this time?

How are Destiny spoilers getting out? I assume early copies that are out there can't even be played. Did they actually send review copies this time?

Someone has a guide.

And I think reviews are just like last time. Servers turn on the night before for everyone, that's what it sounds like at least.

Gonna be honest with you guys, I didn't hate the Knack 2 demo.

I mean I was like "Eh, this is okay" but I wasn't like blown away by it. It's going to be on Redbox...and I might rent it because...

FUCK EM.

JUST FUCK EM.

I'LL PLAY GODDAMN KNACK II*

PRAISE BE MARK CERNY.

*maybeiwillmaybeiwontidkohgodwhatishappeningicantstop

Gonna be honest with you guys, I didn't hate the Knack 2 demo.

I mean I was like "Eh, this is okay" but I wasn't like blown away by it. It's going to be on Redbox...and I might rent it because...

FUCK EM.

JUST FUCK EM.

I'LL PLAY GODDAMN KNACK II*

PRAISE BE MARK CERNY.

*maybeiwillmaybeiwontidkohgodwhatishappeningicantstop

Hot Take: I think the first Knack was a solid launch game for a system. Other then that? no. Good for Knack fans though? I don't know. I mean this one is coming out at a time when we got a fuck ton of other better games.

same as launch Destiny or same as Destiny by the time the second expansion hit?

Same as launch Destiny, more or less.
But what isn't know is how much other stuff there is, how the patrol content is quality wise, and how decent the story and strike missions are. D1's were so pathetic.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Brad: "But here's why it's so brilliant. It's so similar to destiny 1 that this feels like a really big expansion pack for destiny 1!

GOTY 2017 fucking fite me."

Zocano

Same as launch Destiny, more or less.
But what isn't know is how much other stuff there is, how the patrol content is quality wise, and how decent the story and strike missions are. D1's were so pathetic.

Ya, a # vs # comparison doesn't tell much when the actual content could be a lot more enjoyable or the missions longer and more engaging or the patrol zones actually being fun things to go through.

Though, honestly, I don't expect much out of the story missions and never have. The patrol zones are what really intrigue me the most.

I don't know if you're confused by what those terms mean or shocked that there's the same amount of content as in Destiny 1.

I played the shit out of D1 and I didn't expect them to have any more than this, really.

The latter. I mean the biggest complaint with the first game was not enough content, on the other hand, I want to see how the entire thing is executed and presented because that could play a huge role in making the entire thing worthwhile despite having the same content as D1.

Ya, a # vs # comparison doesn't tell much when the actual content could be a lot more enjoyable or the missions longer and more engaging or the patrol zones actually being fun things to go through.

Though, honestly, I don't expect much out of the story missions and never have. The patrol zones are what really intrigue me the most.

If the strikes and story missions are as good as what was in the beta, that'll be pretty great.

But yeah I am also with you, the patrol stuff is what I am most excited to see. Patrols in 1 were basically non-existent. The open areas of 1 might as well have not existed there was so little to do. TTK definitely had some decent stuff though and if they've built upon that in substantial ways, which is sounds like they have, that's cool.

Hot Take: I think the first Knack was a solid launch game for a system. Other then that? no. Good for Knack fans though? I don't know. I mean this one is coming out at a time when we got a fuck ton of other better games.
Super hot take.

I don't have much left on the calendar based on my taste.

Dishonored: Death of the Outsider (September 15th)
Assassin's Creed: Origins (October 27th but saving for Christmas)
Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus (Most Anticipated remaining game also OCT 27th)
Need for Speed: Payback (November 10th)

I'm in the process of Kiwami and I play Madden here and there but I guess I could put Uncharted: Lost Legacy in the backlog category (have yet to purchase) but yeah, that's it for me the rest of the year.

Nice spacing in between.

Super hot take.

I don't have much left on the calendar based on my taste.

Dishonored: Death of the Outsider (September 15th)
Assassin's Creed: Origins (October 27th but saving for Christmas)
Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus (Most Anticipated remaining game also OCT 27th)
Need for Speed: Payback (November 10th)

I'm in the process of Kiwami and I play Madden here and there but I guess I could put Uncharted: Lost Legacy in the backlog category (have yet to purchase) but yeah, that's it for me the rest of the year.

Nice spacing in between.

Here's my list

Destiny 2
Ruiner
Cuphead
Forza Motorsport 7
Middle-earth: Shadow of War
The Evil Within 2
City Shrouded in Shadow(or atleast when it gets localized, if ever)
Assassin's Creed: Origins
Super Mario Odyssey
Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus
Call of Duty: WWII
Need for Speed Payback
Star Wars Battlefront II
Vampyr

I got Kiwami but I'll play it in December when all is said and done. Probably even after or during GOTY season since I've played the first game already.

J_Viper

Current Pre-Order List:

Yakuza Kiwami (haven't picked it up from BB yet)
Des2ny
Death of the Outsider
Wolfenstein
TEW 2
Shadow of Wardor

Five strikes.

IMG_0567.gif

I almost renewed my PS+ so I could play the PS4 version early. Dodged a bullet there.

Oh well, I have the PC version paid off through trade credit, so I might as well stick with it,

Zocano

It's depressing that I have 0 hope for the story missions because of the Halo pedigree and all but they've shown plenty of times how they are both uninterested in pushing really dynamic battles like Halo 1 and 3 did and also how the framework of Destiny just doesn't support that sort of mission structure unless they create exclusive bespoke areas to tweak and mess with at their own accord without worrying about "always online" or streaming in other players. It's a fucking bummer but I don't ever expect anything like online Halo 3 from them.

Still pre-ordered, pre-loaded on PS4 and will play the shit out of it because I can run strikes forever and enjoy myself.

The latter. I mean the biggest complaint with the first game was not enough content, on the other hand, I want to see how the entire thing is executed and presented because that could play a huge role in making the entire thing worthwhile despite having the same content as D1.

Yeah, a numbers comparison means nothing if the execution is on point and the supporting activities are engaging.

Having said that, I know I'm gonna put 100+ hours into this because I enjoy running stuff with friends both IRL and from DGAF. It's like comfort food.

It's depressing that I have 0 hope for the story missions because of the Halo pedigree and all but they've shown plenty of times how they are both uninterested in pushing really dynamic battles like Halo 1 and 3 did and also how the framework of Destiny just doesn't support that sort of mission structure unless they create exclusive bespoke areas to tweak and mess with at their own accord without worrying about "always online" or streaming in other players. It's a fucking bummer but I don't ever expect anything like online Halo 3 from them.

Still pre-ordered, pre-loaded on PS4 and will play the shit out of it because I can run strikes forever and enjoy myself.

Halo 3 is still one of the most content packed releases I have ever seen from a game. Nothing can be compared to it, honestly.
Having said that, I know I'm gonna put 100+ hours into this because I enjoy running stuff with friends both IRL and from DGAF. It's like comfort food.
I feel you.

Megasoum

Banned

I bet you will have to go up to a console and hold X/Square to get your ghost to scan it

Thoughts on Kiwami

Story is interesting (I'm just about to go to the
funeral
and start Chapter
. The tonal shift that
Nishki
went through...damn.

Might be since I haven't played in awhile but I've found combat sluggish. Kiryu seems to move more heavily but maybe I'll get better with upgrades.

Yakuza is a hell of a franchise. We'll see if I like this one more than Zero but Zero is hard to beat atm.

My List of Games That I'll Probably Buy and Maybe Play (In No Particular Order):

Destiny 2
Cuphead
Middle-earth: Shadow of War
Assassin's Creed: Origins
Super Mario Odyssey
Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus
Star Wars Battlefront II
Xenoblade Chronicles 2
Sonic Mania
Yakuza Kiwami
Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana
Metroid: Samus Returns
FIFA 18
Pokemon Ultra Moon

I'm still playing FFXIV occasionally so there's no way I get to all of these, and I'm probably forgetting some. I'd also like to play Observer because that game looks rad, but I can't handle horror games at all.

Meguro

Banned
I mean, if the story missions are of the same quality as the beta mission I'm ok with that?
Well that and if the patrol zones really are as improved as they say they are.
They probably won't be

J_Viper

Destiny 2 will still beat out Wolfenstein 2 somehow.
Grandiose and wrongheaded interpretations or wild conspiracy theories based on like off hand comments here and there is a whole separate can of worms that I don't know if I want to get into. People read a lot of what they want and read into things that are said or not said or you know just goofy glances or whatever, I mean, it's a weird thing. I really don't know how to approach that stuff. People come up with some wild ideas. - Brad Shoemaker

Top Bottom