• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT31| I Think it Might Be for Show

LiK

most of us have won our first chicken dinner in the first 20-50h of play, to be generous

I suck at video games, and I have like 5-6 wins in 80h or so

Dan is at 100

Got mine literally in my 3rd match the first time i played. I currently have an hour playing time in Steam. Just gotta avoid the carnage and take out the stragglers.

I'm just being flippant. Got no issue with the design or how anybody plays the game. I actually wondered if PUBG scratches a SOCOM itch for people because that's often what this game reminds me of.

Fireblend

Banned
...I kind of want to boot up XCOM again after watching that first episode. It was my 2012 GotY and I never did play much of Enemy Within despite buying it day 1.

imBask

Banned
Got mine literally in my 3rd match the first time i played. I currently have an hour playing time in Steam. Just gotta avoid the carnage and take out the stragglers.

let's be real tho, there was probably a bit of luck in that and I doubt you'll win 33% of your games

LiK

let's be real tho, there was probably a bit of luck in that and I doubt you'll win 33% of your games

Every PUBG game requires luck, imo. I managed to evade multiple snipers during my game and also hid from the heavy combat especially near the end. I used the serpentine motions when I was running in a field while the guy kept shooting at me. That was fun. I'll take the win.

William

Dan never won in 100 hours?

I don't play the game but that seems bad. Altought the game does seem hard and kinda random.

I just started playing again this weekend after a couple of weeks off, and I suck now! Used to be I would be in the top 20 every game pretty much, now I am getting killed by the first person I encounter every time.

40 hours playtime, No wins so far and at this rate I can't see myself improving much unless I change to squads or duos and get some help.

LiK

The one thing I have to admit about PUBG is that it brought back memories of my CS 1.6 games where I was the last man standing in a map and you had to be extra cautious to make it through and either get the killing shot or defuse the bomb/save VIPs.

That feeling of stress and tension was always a good feeling.

Dineren

Banned
I won my 4th game by hiding in a bush and shotgunning people that ran by until the final circle then let the other two remaining shoot each other while I crouched behind one of them with a shotgun, killing him when he won the fire fight.

I regret nothing

oti

Banned
eeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrh no that defeats the purpose of the game, it's a strategic game not a run and gun game. The circle already does what you want in a way. That 1 kill just means they outplayed everyone with their positioning and strategies

People have to stop trying to change the core of this game and play something else (not targeting you, but targeting everyone here)

I won my 4th game by hiding in a bush and shotgunning people that ran by until the final circle then let the other two remaining shoot each other while I crouched behind one of them with a shotgun, killing him when he won the fire fight.

I regret nothing

"outplayed everyone"

Yeah, sure

LiK

I regret nothing

At least it's not a bathtub.

So did you just play 3 matches, win one, and then quit forever because you beat the game? lol

Because they can't put 200 hours in a single game like you can.

Austin has 110 hours logged into PUBG
Patrick has 95 hours.
i have 25 hours and many many dinners and i'm not even good at the game or playing with mouse and keyboard since i'm usually a filthy console player.
PUBG is my first competitive PC game ever.

Take:
The timer makes XCOM 2 way more exciting to play since the "run to full cover and overwatch with everyone" strategy holds no power.

Definitely, the timers were a great change.

Fuck it, I was planning on waiting for the expansion but I'll start another XCOM 2 playthrough now..

Hasney

...I kind of want to boot up XCOM again after watching that first episode. It was my 2012 GotY and I never did play much of Enemy Within despite buying it day 1.

Playing 2 now and I've either bruteforced my way through the issues (980ti and 6700k off an M.2 SSD) or they patched it up. Smooth as butter now.

And I only lost 50% of my squad and another gravely wounded on the first non-tutorial mission!

oti

Banned
you're not invisible when you're in a bush. If that person just ran accross then yes, you ouplayed him
That sure sounds like a good video game.
Patrick has 95 hours.
i have 25 hours and many many dinners and i'm not even good at the game or playing with mouse and keyboard since i'm usually a filthy console player.
I thought it was unplayable with a controller? Maybe I should just buy it and see for myself. It's not really expensive anyway.
So did you just play 3 matches, win one, and then quit forever because you beat the game? lol
I mean, they won. Is there more to do than that?

I thought it was unplayable with a controller? Maybe I should just buy it and see for myself. It's not really expensive anyway.

i don't play with a controller, i meant that i'm not used to play games with mouse and keyboard. PUBG is basically my first competitive mouse and keyboard game.

and even i managed to win multiple times in my first 10 hours.

pizzacat

Banned
Patrick has 95 hours.
PUBG is my first competitive PC game ever.

haha damn that guy got shut up

oti

Banned
i don't play with a controller, i meant that i'm not used to play games with mouse and keyboard. PUBG is basically my first competitive mouse and keyboard game.

and even i managed to win multiple times in my first 10 hours.

Hm, I'm no good with m&kb. But apparently they patched in controller support. Might as well buy it and check it out for myself.

this is the most depressing, myopic take on videogames I've read on this forum in a while and that's saying something

I see where you're coming from. But once you reach the goal of the game, eh. There are also other games to play.

I mean, they won. Is there more to do than that?

I mean personally I find PUBG pretty boring, especially playing solo. I can't imagine I would ever want to come back to it in its current form after I won a game. But some people just enjoy playing over and over.

LiK

I don't think controller is a good idea for this game on PC. People will just outshoot you from a distance more easily with a mouse.

I mean personally I find PUBG pretty boring, especially playing solo. I can't imagine I would ever want to come back to it in its current form after I won a game. But some people just enjoy playing over and over.

Yea, I understand why people like it. Every game is just random and unpredictable. That's fine.

Hm, I'm no good with m&kb. But apparently they patched in controller support. Might as well buy it and check it out for myself.

oh cool, didn't know they patched it in.
i might just try a chicken dinner with the controller just to show people who told me it wouldn't work when i first asked for it months ago.

pizzacat

Banned
I don't think controller is a good idea for this game on PC. People will just outshoot you from a distance more easily with a mouse.

Yea, I understand why people like it. Every game is just random and unpredictable. That's fine.

no you should be forced to play more than you feel is necessary

oti

Banned

I'll just hide in the bushes. That's how you outplay your opponents in this game apparently.

GOLD STRATS

xaI3gNl.gif

Yo, Derek Yu's new project looks amazing. It's like a competent Action 52.

Teddified

Murder?

3000 Miles to Murder Island (LIVE!)
25 squads of Elvis impersonators come to Murder Island looking for a little less conversation, and a little more action. But on their quest to be crowned the King, these suspicious minds can't help falling in love...with MURDER.

Is brad gonna be too busy thinking of Dota 2 to be the MVP this time?

Top Bottom