• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT31| I Think it Might Be for Show

Rainmaker

Banned
It'a been a long time since I played Knack but I feel like I can slightly recall thinking part of it's story had some weird and problematic undertones? Did it involve little ogres or something? I remember thinking Knack and the gang were jerks

Anyway, I did enjoy my time beating the game.

Megasoum

Banned
Unbelievable how bad the art is in Knack.

Yup and it's just as bad in the second one

Fun fact... I have a "NAC" filter in my Outlook at work (as in Network Access Control emails) and I named my folder "Knack" and I still find that joke funny to this day.

Salarians

Everybody's Golf's character creator is actually very good:
JWhy1Ix.jpg
WTF KNACK TALKS!?
voiced by this dude

No UPF today, Brad's currently doing a home stream. He's done Mario + Rabbids, Windjammers, Absolver, and now Sonic Mania

And yeah, those additions would be good too. Mario + Rabbids is really good, there's just a few tiny tweaks I would make

Oh, cool.

I have some more issues with the game, but they almost all come from my desire to see obscure Mario characters highlighted instead of Rabbid clones of the main characters and generic Rabbid enemies. That aside, it's a great game and definitely the best Mario RPG since Thousand Year Door and Super Star Saga.

Rainmaker

Banned
As is tradition I leave a Brad stream with content I want that I'll never get.

Breaking Brad: Sonic Mania and the drunk Knack marathon

This song in Brad's stream reminds me of a fun fact. Lapti Nek is Huttese for "work it out." Lapti Nek is obviously the song the Max Rebo band performs in Jabba's Palace.

...that probably wasn't actually very fun.

Megasoum

Banned
I'm randomly watching old quicklook and stumbled on the GTA5 one and now I kinda want to start another playthrough (one of the rare game I've ever 100%ed).

Now IU wonder if I should just deal with all the bullshit associated with the PC Rockstar Social Club launcher or play on PS4 with my new PS4 Pro...

Finished Chapter 3 of Yakuza Kiwami and wew lads, that's a videogame.

Chapter 3 really sets the game off. I won't go into detail but Yakuza Kiwami is more Yakuza and I couldn't be happier.

Will continue onward when I find time this weekend or not this weekend. I'm working all weekend and it's gonna be "fun".

Missed Brad stream except for a snippet of Rabbids but I'll check the archive when it's on Youtube.

Yakuza Kiwami Survey

I'm going to say this again here just so we have a mutual understanding.

This survey is not for making a statement about future localizations. It is a survey for feedback about your experience with Yakuza Kiwami. It's a product survey. It's not a "Yakuza Fan Survey". Incidentally, we had more or less exact same survey for Y0 too. We actually do this for most, if not all, SEGA titles these days.

If you are filling it out with the purpose of making some kind of statement for future localizations, rather than feedback about your experience specificaly with Yakuza Kiwami, you are not helping. If you are one of these such misguided individuals, you are literally making our job harder.

However, if you own Kiwami, have played or are playing it, please do fill it out honestly. In my experience, everyone generally plays nice and it hasn't been an issue to date, but I'm very wary of it being posted outside the normal ecosystem. You're supposed to access it from your PS4 on the drop down dash icon, not post it all around the web.

And thanks for all the feedback. Keep rockin' Yakuza-GAF.

It'a been a long time since I played Knack but I feel like I can slightly recall thinking part of it's story had some weird and problematic undertones? Did it involve little ogres or something? I remember thinking Knack and the gang were jerks

Anyway, I did enjoy my time beating the game.

I noticed this post while reading back through the thread, and, yes, you are correct.

The game is about the conflict between goblins and humans, but it has this bizarre pro-colonialism/possibly racist undercurrent. I still remember one scene that plays after you beat a boss. The boss goblin says that they're only trying to take back the land that humans stole from them through war, but the professor character calls it "typical goblin claptrap." He's like, kill'em all, Knack! No one rebukes his hardline stance, and the story does not paint him as misguided.

It's like, hey, I don't think this game for children needs a racist party member, but who am I to question Mark Cerny? Every aspect of the work clearly indicates that the Knack team has making games down to a peerless art.

Rainmaker

Banned
I still remember one scene that plays after you beat a boss. The boss goblin says that they're only trying to take back the land that humans stole from them through war, but the professor character calls it "typical goblin claptrap." He's like, kill'em all, Knack! No one rebukes his hardline stance, and the story does not paint him as misguided.

Yes!! This is the exact scene I was trying to remember! I remember thinking that was like a big turning point and we were finding out the Professor was a bad guy but nope! It caught me so off guard

Fireblend

Banned
I just unlocked Rabbid Mario in M+R and played a couple of chapters with him in my party and this game is really, really good you guys.

Watching the new season of Narcos with my gf while playing this in portable mode = perfection.

Ok, is there something going on with the Games Done Quick stream? I've tried watching it three different times since it started and it keeps switching to different parts, on time its Mega Man X then thrity seconds later it freezes, I refresh and it's Crash, then freezes I refresh and now it's Prey. Also like 90% of the frames are being dropped too. What is going on? Is it the stream itself or is it me?

Teddified

I know it's his job or w/e but it sucks Alex played a bit of Kiwami, now if Beast in the east comes back we wont have his fresh reactions to the beginning.

Top Bottom