• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT31| I Think it Might Be for Show

What I've taken away so far is that Danielle's super natural at improv. On top of being an EMT, MMA artist, and games critic. What am I doing with my life?

swimbuff

Just tuned in. Why are they hunched over two mics on the rostrum instead of seated on a table with individual mics? It looks so awkward.

Ashby

pztWHDS.gif

Bud, I have an OG PS4 standard, how do I sell it to take a bit out of the PS4 PRO price?

Giganteus

I'm late on this, but I've never been more sold on a game after watching a quick look than with what GBEast showed of Observer. Just a PSA for anyone who's into dark cyberpunk and Blade Runner. Watch the QL if you haven't yet.

It wasn't the best improv but everybody did fab and it was great to see people get to express themselves in ways that they usually don't get the chance to.

I'm late on this, but I've never been more sold on a game after watching a quick look than with what GBEast showed of Observer. Just a PSA for anyone who's into dark cyberpunk and Blade Runner. Watch the QL if you haven't yet.

I was totally sold on the quick look as it looks amazing. At the same time I'm not going to dive in until it drops to £20.

Wunder

It wasn't the best improv but everybody did fab and it was great to see people get to express themselves in ways that they usually don't get the chance to.

I was totally sold on the quick look as it looks amazing. At the same time I'm not going to dive in until it drops to £20.

yeah some pretty funny moments for sure

I'd play Masters of Beef

It's pretty short (about 3ish hours) and I felt it fizzled out toward the end, but damn if that setting doesn't make a fucking impression. Reminded me of Bioshock, not in theme, but in presentation.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
It's pretty short (about 3ish hours) and I felt it fizzled out toward the end, but damn if that setting doesn't make a fucking impression. Reminded me of Bioshock, not in theme, but in presentation.

Hmm if it's that short I might get it. I was worried that it might be too long and I'll just feel too exhausted from it to finish it lol.

I kind of suck. Everything that they showed in the Observer QL made it ridiculously appealing (the intro was all Shinya Tsukamoto to me and had me sold) But the price just seemed a little much for what it was.

I'll pay more for game mechanics that interest me but when something looks like an amazing cinematic piece I find it hard to find the incentive to pay more for it than I would a movie.

I noticed this post while reading back through the thread, and, yes, you are correct.

The game is about the conflict between goblins and humans, but it has this bizarre pro-colonialism/possibly racist undercurrent. I still remember one scene that plays after you beat a boss. The boss goblin says that they're only trying to take back the land that humans stole from them through war, but the professor character calls it "typical goblin claptrap." He's like, kill'em all, Knack! No one rebukes his hardline stance, and the story does not paint him as misguided.

It's like, hey, I don't think this game for children needs a racist party member, but who am I to question Mark Cerny? Every aspect of the work clearly indicates that the Knack team has making games down to a peerless art.

It's allegory for Sony warring with Microsoft in Generation 8. :p

In Rabbid Peach's defence I think she's a ridiculously fun take on a number of tropes, but you're right.

Tsukasa is an amazing dickbag. He commits horrendous acts but his loyalty is unending. He accepts that he's a piece of shit but he does everything to make his protege a better man than he is.

He deserves the spot but I doubt that he'll get it.

Same reason as 99% of the other white guys in Japan... My wife is Japanese

There must be more to it than that?

Top Bottom