• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT31| I Think it Might Be for Show

Regarding the checkpoint system in Mania, I'm guessing they wanted to stay faithful to the 16-bit games. I can see why it's annoying for people, though.
Thankfully it's not like Sonic 1 and 2 where you get a game over and you have to start the game from the beginning!

YES! I finally beat that sucker!!

Nice work!

oti

Banned
What if... they all did a 2h long home solo stream on Mondays? That would mean up to 16h of more content a week.

48H0JtDcSFu62_nlg8D4FA.png

Hasney

What if... they all did a 2h long home solo stream on Mondays? That would mean up to 16h of more content a week.

48H0JtDcSFu62_nlg8D4FA.png

What if the content fairy came down and blew you?

They say they actually use that day for shit. The amount of downtime you'll get when you inevitably die means you have plenty of time to catch up on more emails.

robotrock

Banned
I got to the last boss of Sonic Mania and died and haven't picked it up since. I hate the save system, I don't want to replay these long-ass levels again just to have another shot at a boss.

You can replay the Green Hill Zone a whole bunch and farm lives. Useful for pushing through some of the more annoying bosses.

roytheone

Hopefully they have a replacement game/show ready
for the x-com slot because after watching the latest episode........yeah they are pretty much just struggling to post pone the inevitable at this point. They need a combination of amazing play and luck to get back into a good position and I can't see that happening. It's just a matter of time now before they get a game over. It's unfortunate because I do enjoy the series :(

Video Game Afternoon: Hot as Heck Edition: Part 01
It was a zillion degrees and everyone else went to PAX, so Brad decided to cool out with some games.

---

Video Game Afternoon: Hot as Heck Edition: Part 02
Brad seems to be developing a real knack for this live streaming thing.

---

Best of Giant Bomb 131 - Don’t Trust Dan
WARNING: This video contains very graphic material including extreme violence towards animals, extreme sexual content, and extremely questionable X-Com turns.

Wow, Brad really doesn't know how to play Sonic. I thought that shit was universal.

Literally half the people I see play Sonic do that same shit where they bounce off a spring and try to turn around, destroying their momentum. People do NOT how to play Sonic (or deal with anything unexpected in games, really).

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Literally half the people I see play Sonic do that same shit where they bounce off a spring and try to turn around, destroying their momentum. People do NOT how to play Sonic (or deal with anything unexpected in games, really).

That's pretty much how I played it, which is probably why I didn't enjoy it that much

Lari

What? Crazy talk! Steal My Sunshine is amazing.

Steal my sunshine can be great and mario sunshine can be bad.

Both can be true at once.

oh for sure, I'm talking about the feature which is great. The game itself is kinda bad, if we're being honest.

I do enjoy murder island too tho

Was listening to a Waypoint radio from a week or two ago and Austin went on this speech about how he goes to PAX because its important to me to meet the fans and see people and stuff.

Just funny to see it contrast with Brad's "I am not going to PAX because I dont want to".

At some point I have to imagine after your 57th PAX in Seattle you probably see the exact same fans over and over though.

pizzacat

Banned
I play fighting games and would like to think my reactions are fine at best and keeping momentum in this way is something I can only do sometimes

Replaying it sure it should be easier but the first time is completely understandable

Aaron D.

Anyone know how long the Premium Membership sale is going on for?

Follow up: I understand Premium lets you download videos, but can you download direct to your mobile device?

BTA

Was listening to a Waypoint radio from a week or two ago and Austin went on this speech about how he goes to PAX because its important to me to meet the fans and see people and stuff.

Just funny to see it contrast with Brad's "I am not going to PAX because I dont want to".

At some point I have to imagine after your 57th PAX in Seattle you probably see the exact same fans over and over though.

To be fair, Austin was also talking about it in the context of his first time going being after he joined GB and needing to win people over.

Hindl

Brad solo streams are the best solo streams.
Fight me
Absolutely
We got Brad humming Peach's Castle Theme at the very least. If you didn't already know, Mario + Rabbids has a wonderful soundtrack.
Yeah it really does. It's not mind blowing or anything but it's very pleasant and it's cool when you're going around the hub with music and the peachs castle theme suddenly kicks in. Reminds me of BotW riding around on the horse and you hear The overworld theme peek through the track

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Brad is stuck on the exact same spot in Sonic Mania that made me reconsider whether the game is actually good. (The part in Chemical Plant Zone where the purple Goo rises)

I thought that was a pretty awful and badly designed part and I'm glad that Brad agrees

Hasney

Brad is stuck on the exact same spot in Sonic Mania that made me reconsider whether the game is actually good. (The part in Chemical Plant Zone where the purple Goo rises)

I thought that was a pretty awful and badly designed part and I'm glad that Brad agrees

I adore the game and I agree. It's straight out of Sonic 2 and it was always bullshit.

oti

Banned

That's the exact same spot I'm at right now. And I don't think I'll continue playing.

Top Bottom