• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT31| I Think it Might Be for Show

robotrock

Banned
Didn't they just put up a job listing? Once they get their new video production hire in a week or two I'm sure they'll let Drew into the building for extra life.

pizzacat

Banned
if drew walks in the building youd have to be real dumb to let him back out

Listening to the beast cast and the email about ex press selling out and using the trust they earned to shill games in marketing / PR roles after a career change.

Now I See on twitter Danny is hosting some Witcher panel

tumblr_mxmn7trwRO1qeuiqyo2_250.gif

dudes gotta eat somehow

isnt he with shill gods kinda funny anyway?

Listening to the beast cast and the email about ex press selling out and using the trust they earned to shill games in marketing / PR roles after a career change.

Gandie

How is he supposed to survive on 21k $ patreon money?

Wunder

Did you not actually listen to the response from the crew?

Teddified

Is hosting a witcher panel really "shilling" a game? Shilling to me is more like trying to sell a game that just came out or is coming out.

Also isn't he doing a documentary of witcher anyway? So it's marketing for himself in a way then.

Sabas

Banned
Shilling is that Rooster Teeth show where the hosts were wearing those plastic pip-boys and getting mad at Jeff's review of Fallout 4

imBask

Banned
Shilling is that Rooster Teeth show where the hosts were wearing those plastic pip-boys and getting mad at Jeff's review of Fallout 4

no getting mad at people for giving a bad review to a game is being an idiot, regardless of if you're being paid for it or not

Just finished watching episode 2 of Steal My Sunshine. Lots of fun!

GB has sooo much video content, I only get to watch a small fraction of it. Also added another year on my membership.

And about GBEast, Abby is a super great fit there.

imBask

Banned
Guys i'm watching The Shining

I don't think I like Kubrick movies, i'm bored out of my mind, just like I was when I watched 2001... And i'm really into space stuff and horror movies, that makes it even weirder

Catvoca

Banned
Just finished watching episode 2 of Steal My Sunshine. Lots of fun!

GB has sooo much video content, I only get to watch a small fraction of it. Also added another year on my membership.

And about GBEast, Abby is a super great fit there.

Watched all 8 episodes over the last 2 days. It's so good! One of my favourite features they've ever done so far.

Fireblend

Banned
I've been too busy playing Splatoon and Mario + Rabbids this weekend to keep an eye on PAX happenings. Any GB-related content I should watch? Not really interested in the PAX Rumble thing (I'll check out a best-of compilation if there's one :p).

Also interested in Waypoint/other GB-adjacent stuff if there's anything of note.

Danny makes marketing documentaries for a living, hosting a panel isn't so different from that. NoClip only works by schmoozing publishers for access.

ArjanN

Listening to Ben on Kingdom Heartache tell his 'funny animal' story again and a minor addition: Goofy is actually a dingo.

Tagyhag

No, if people watched the full video they'd noticed that they were shitting on the pip-boys before the whole controversy.

That was just Meg Turney not being aware of the industry that she's working in and Rooster Teeth being "mainstream" like they usually are. Knowing them, I'm sure they legit liked Fallout 4.

Shilling would be them getting paid to like a game that they hate or not know anything about.

def sim

oh god carboni went for it with this promo

edit: this stuff is a lot better now that they don't have noticeable technical issues

Now y'all just gotta come to the realization that the Noclip docs are all and have always been just free marketing. DOD's making a racket getting the public to pay him to advertise to them.

Also 'I've been meaning to love a boat' is the thread title.

they say the best wrestling characters are just the people who portray them turned up to eleven, so I think it goes without saying that Patrick far and away had the best gimmick at the Rumble

Top Bottom