• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT31| I Think it Might Be for Show

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Yeah, that's some end-the-friendship kinda shit. Alex is truly a class act.

Dan was new at GB, he wanted to make himself a new Tim Turi to torment.

Unfortunately he picked Alex, who presumably set into immediate planning for Dan's demise. It won't come soon and when it comes it won't come quick, but in those last moments Dan will know why.

imBask

Banned
Yeah, that's some end-the-friendship kinda shit. Alex is truly a class act.

stealing an N64 with no real intention of doing anything harmful, AKA giving it back, is some "end-the friendship kinda shit" for you?

I mean it's kinda weird and shitty, but it's the type of shit you forget a week later and laugh about it

Your friendships must be more asepticized than Purell if this is what it takes for you to dump friends

Seems that some of XCOM's dice-roll rubberbanding is kicking in.
There is no other way so many of those reaction shots could have hit so well in the second mission, but that was good play regardless.

Hindl

stealing an N64 with no real intention of doing anything harmful, AKA giving it back, is some "end-the friendship kinda shit" for you?

I mean it's kinda weird and shitty, but it's the type of shit you forget a week later and laugh about it

Your friendships must be more asepticized than Purell if this is what it takes for you to dump friends
He decided to break into someone else's room and take shit. What he took is irrelevant that's invading someone's privacy

If my experience with xcom 2 lately is an indicator, the game is going to start cleaning them up and clean them up quick.

I consider myself pretty decent but WotC is fucking ROUGH. It's so much, too. I really wish the strategic layer wasn't so stressful, I legit don't like it.

Did anyone post this insane story about Dan breaking into Alex's hotel room to practice on the N64 two years ago? Was on the League of Heels Q&A or something

jesus christ what the fuck is wrong with this dude

imBask

Banned
He decided to break into someone else's room and take shit. What he took is irrelevant that's invading someone's privacy

absolutely

"man I know you meant that as a joke but don't do that that's not cool"

that's a normal response to the situation, not ENDING A FRIENDSHIP. The hyperbole was a little too off the chart for me

BTA

Yesss I forgot today was an Actual Monday and we'd get Exquisite Corps.

Gonna watch it and the Rumble and be super lazy till later in the afternoon I guess; it's a good day for it, after all.

chogidogs

Hey, if a new coworker breaks into my room by STEALING MY IDENTITY. I would never trust that person again.

I would never know what else he is capable of.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Right now I'm reading up on Wittgenstein philosophy due to a visual novel I bought on steam.

I've had a weird night.

Hindl

absolutely

"man I know you meant that as a joke but don't do that that's not cool"

that's a normal response to the situation, not ENDING A FRIENDSHIP. The hyperbole was a little too off the chart for me
I mean, this is someone you've just met who impersonated you to get into your room. If someone I just started to work with did that I probably wouldn't associate with them anymore

Antiwhippy

Yeah the time period is crucial really. I mean Alex probably knew Dan just as someone in the industry but you have to be a really really really close friend to pull that shit off and not get the cold shoulder immediately.

Yeah the time period is crucial really. I mean Alex probably knew Dan just as someone in the industry but you have to be a really really really close friend to pull that shit off and not get the cold shoulder immediately.

Jeff stepping in and saying "It was almost an actual issue" makes me think it was way more intense than what any of them are letting on to.

Wunder

Why does Vinny keep backseat gaming

Like Alex seems to know what he's doing, just let him do his stuff

yeah it kinda stinks

Alex exacerbates the issue too by a) asking Vinny for advice at any situation and b) following all advice given no matter the situation

This Tacoma video reminded me that Tacoma actually came out. Apparently I'm not the only one because the game seems to have bombed (10k sales opening month on Steam).

Antiwhippy

This Tacoma video reminded me that Tacoma actually came out. Apparently I'm not the only one because the game seems to have bombed (10k sales opening month on Steam).

Yeah that's a real shame, not because I'm interested in the game but mostly because the people working on it seemed to have spent a lot of resources and time into it.

My hunch is that the majority of their sales might be on console too but probably not by a lot.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I consider myself pretty decent but WotC is fucking ROUGH. It's so much, too. I really wish the strategic layer wasn't so stressful, I legit don't like it.

I'm loving that the strategy layer has actual decisions to be made now, I hate that basically every mission has a boss on it now. I already played without the alien hunters DLC because I couldn't stand the pretty low chance of a giant fuck you enemy showing up in the middle of a mission and making it unworkable. Now I have to deal with it on about 75% of missions I go into.

patapuf

oh man, Vinny really learned the lesson of not overextending in XCOM. Let's hope Dan did too.

They are a tad too conservative now but at least that gives them a shot at winning this war.

Antiwhippy

You know why they might have a chance?

It's because they've managed to guide the langzone down the path of being the most broken build in the game.

patapuf

You know why they might have a chance?

It's because they've managed to guide the langzone down the path of being the most broken build in the game.

Yeah but they need to keep him alive for a few missions. a bit more conservative play is needed.

Also, they need to start to expand squad size. That's going to help with being as behind as they are (edit: they did! yay)

After this episode of Exquisite Corps, I can't help but imagine how much better their chances at completing the campaign would be right now had Dan not fucked up majorly.

I can forgive the super conservative suggestions from Vinny now after what happened the past two episodes.
And it all worked rather well so no complaints from me!

Also jesus Dan with that story. Yeah, considering the relatively short time he had spent with Alex when he pulled that shit, he's lucky he didn't get into bigger trouble. Agreed that you could get away with that if you're close friends with the person you're doing it to. Not a coworker you've only professionally known for a year.

Like, I'd imagine that could have been a fire-able offense at a more corporate job.

BTA

Reminder that Steam Spy isn't always accurate, and also there's XBONE sales.

I've put off playing it all month because my brain sucks about playing things when I'm not in the right mood sometimes; gonna sit down and start it tonight though.

Top Bottom