• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT31| I Think it Might Be for Show

Sir Doom

Pax Rumble is not bad where everybody is a heel 😕

But seeing Tracksuit again and winning with a swerve that will make Vince Russo proud.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I'm waiting for a scene were Dan rips off his face to reveal that he was an alien all along.
It would explain soooo much, and I'm not just talking about Exquisite Corps

Dan is really starting to get on my tits lately. Having 3 people explain to him the difference between savory and sweet last week and how the sun isn't nuclear radiation... It's really getting old. I'm sure he never used to be this bad on the Bombcast.

Just cut it out. You're not that fucking stupid.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
To be fair most of them couldn't really fully define savory either. Not confidently anyway.

It's like trying to get people to describe umami. Except easier.

Good episode of The Exquisite Corps this week.
Good job by Alex! If they can get laser weapons, they just might have a chance. It's all on you, Commander Ryckert... *gulp*

Wunder

watching XCOM EW makes me appreciate how dynamic the combat in XCOM2/War of the Chosen is. Their squad is mainly rookies and squaddies but still, XCOM 2 really turned it up to another level with the abilities and environment destruction

patapuf

watching XCOM EW makes me appreciate how dynamic the combat in XCOM2/War of the Chosen is. Their squad is mainly rookies and squaddies but still, XCOM 2 really turned it up to another level with the abilities and environment destruction

I absolutely love what they've done in the expansion. The more i play it the better it is.

You have so many possiblities to get the most out of your dudes without the game loosing any challenge.

danm999

War of the Chosen would destroy them.

They'd get Worf and Counsellor Troi killed really quickly and Riker and Q would be pissed at them.

Wunder

I absolutely love what they've done in the expansion. The more i play it the better it is.

You have so many possiblities to get the most out of your dudes without the game loosing any challenge.

yup, the hero units really brought a completely unique aspect that I wasn't expecting. They aren't even that different from a regular soldier, just beefed up in certain areas that make them that much stronger. I really didn't like XCOM 2 when I first beat it - part of it was the performance but I also felt like combat couldn't be as prolonged as the first game. All the enemies had unique abilities that you had to decimate a pod the second you activated it.

edit:
Alex did a great job! I feel like Vinny has to have some knowledge on hand and not just what he remembers from EU because he's the only one that's been a part of every mission and decision made. I still think they're a fair ways behind but if they can keep Lang alive, you can pretty much destroy the game with a strong sniper.

Defunkled

I know I'm late to the party on this but the fact that there are now as many episodes of Kingdom Heartache as Game Tapes is a crime.

swimbuff

Austin's run at GBEast was legendary. Some of my favorite content Giant Bomb ever produced happened in that year. Still bummed but ultimately happy for Austin things turned out that way.

Goddamn was Austin special. He brought a completely new dynamic to Giant Bomb that was never seen before and hasn't been replaced since. I wish we had a couple more years with him before he moved on. To this day I haven't checked out Waypoint because the vibe seems so different but I've been meaning to dig in the prison stuff they did recently so I'll fix that soon enough.

I feel like Giant Bomb needs to evolve to grow and Austin was supposed to be the catalyst for that. I'm not sure what direction they'll go in now with the people they have but hopefully they'll have a solid foundation to build on once they complete the site redesign.

oti

Banned
After finishing World 2 I'm now going back to do some of the challenges in Mario Rabbids before entering World 3 (I've heard it's quite challenging). The challenges are pretty cool. They're even more puzzle like. You even have to re-spec at times in order to solve them.

Top Bottom