• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT31| I Think it Might Be for Show

I can't be mad about PUBG cosmetics when I don't care and others are willing to pay way too much for them. I mean, I paid off my purchase by selling junk, and then some.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Seeing how they've reacted to all the weird shit around splat2n (like how jeff reacted to the voicechat thing last week) I'm going to bet splat2n ain't making it in.

Plus they'll use the "too much likethe first game" thing too.

What looks bad about it to you? I haven't really paid attention to any of the footage they've put out since E3

I was going to respond to this, but I accidentally found out that if you force press the keyboard in iPhone's safari, you can directly control the cursor in the text box.

Ashby

Vinny is completely uninformed about the SNES Classic. Nintendo announced along side the thing that it was only going to be on sale through 2017 but he keeps ranting that they're not selling it as a limited edition item.

Vinny is completely uninformed about the SNES Classic. Nintendo announced along side the thing that it was only going to be on sale through 2017 but he keeps ranting that they're not selling it as a limited edition item.

you're telling me that someone at giant is uninformed about video game news?

remember when the beastcast was a news focused show

remember when giant bomb had a news editor

They never announced how many they were making so who could say what the availability would be.

Pretty sure he was talking about the NES Classic.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Also while I don't mind limited releases, for people comparing it to sneaker stuff like what adidas/nike does, do keep in mind:

1. Limited sneakers usually have their release dates advertised well in advanced.

2. Their quanitites is also usually shown per region e.g how Yeezy 350 releases usually go.

Fantastic episode of The Exquisite Corps, whether it ends soon or not. It has been one hell of a ride and I'm sure Vinny will keep implementing this idea on other games as well.

daveo42

Banned
I just saw that Nier concert Blu-ray. I want it, but maybe not $65 want it. That's kind of an insane price that people will undoubtedly pay. And I probably will too.

Harpuia

I just saw that Nier concert Blu-ray. I want it, but maybe not $65 want it. That's kind of an insane price that people will undoubtedly pay. And I probably will too.

The YouTube video is more than enough for me. Unless this is a different concert.

Hindl

If you're into Te you should add an O and get into Toe also.

Basically a more chill and math rocky version of Te.

They are both entirely unrelated bands weirdly enough.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvcFFPQijqk
Yeah toe is pretty great
What looks bad about it to you? I haven't really paid attention to any of the footage they've put out since E3
It looks like sunshine but you don't instantly get kicked out once you get a shine. We'll see

Hindl

It looks like Sunshine in that it contains Mario.

I haven't been impressed by the level design at all either. Seems like there's more gimmicky stuff (even ignoring the general hat stuff, stuff like turning into a lava ball and then just swimming across a pool with no obstacles) and wide open spaces over challenging platforming

I haven't been impressed by the level design at all either. Seems like there's more gimmicky stuff (even ignoring the general hat stuff, stuff like turning into a lava ball and then just swimming across a pool with no obstacles) and wide open spaces over challenging platforming

It would have been pages ago at this point, but that was the most disappointing thing to me in the video that was posted with some of the new gameplay.

It literally just seems like you turn into the lava ball so they can go "Oh shit, Mario's a lava ball now!", and that idea is just going to repeat in every new world you go into.

(I don't/wouldn't mind if it was way more of a game play aspect, but the lava one really rubbed me the wrong way.)

There was a lot of platforming in the E3 videos. It seems like it has both linear platforming sections and open spaces. That's basically every 3D Mario game except like 3D Land, though. The key is the ratio, but different people want radically different ratios. It would be neat if each kingdom had a different balance.

Nerokis

Also while I don't mind limited releases, for people comparing it to sneaker stuff like what adidas/nike does, do keep in mind:

1. Limited sneakers usually have their release dates advertised well in advanced.

2. Their quanitites is also usually shown per region e.g how Yeezy 350 releases usually go.

Yeah, there's a level of ambiguity associated with the Classics line that's basically tailored to cause frustration. It's kind of bizarre, since Nintendo is very obviously leaving money on the table. Either there's some production issues there, or it reflects the odd/conflicted place these products have in Nintendo's business model.

For me, the Classics line is to Nintendo what PS Classics on the PS4 is to Sony. In both cases, there's probably some convoluted thing stopping consumer demand from being met. Something that doesn't want this world to be simple, beautiful, or reasonable.

Hindl

There was a lot of platforming in the E3 videos. It seems like it has both linear platforming sections and open spaces. That's basically every 3D Mario game except like 3D Land, though. The key is the ratio, but different people want radically different ratios. It would be neat if each kingdom had a different balance.

I dunno, I'll admit I didn't look at all the E3 footage, but the Wooded Kingdom and Luncheon Kingdom all seemed like they didn't really have any challenge in what they showed. The Sand Kingdom looks good, and the Metro has some interesting mobility options at least. But I dunno, not impressed yet

Top Bottom