• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT31| I Think it Might Be for Show

BTA

English dub Yakuza wasn't that bad. Just had to get used to it. Haruka's VA was quite excellent.

As someone who only has experience with Yakuza 1: it wasn't that bad, yeah.

It was pretty hilarious to hear multiple characters in the same scene pronounce "Nishiki" entirely differently, though.

English dub Yakuza wasn't that bad. Just had to get used to it. Haruka's VA was quite excellent.

I ended up bringing my PS2 to college with me a few years ago since my PS3 broke from yellow light of death and couldn't afford a new PS3 or PS4 at the time and ended up playing it one night and I loved everything about the english dub. It has its own kinda charm and mark hamill as majima wasn't bad at all.

daveo42

Banned
Xcom this week was great. Hopefully Alex's gains won't be squandered by Dan. At least he doesn't have a character to protect over all others this time?

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Xcom this week was great. Hopefully Alex's gains won't be squandered by Dan. At least he doesn't have a character to protect over all others this time?

New Dan, Canadian Dan, Real New York Dan, and Jeremiah still can be brought into the fold.

daveo42

Banned
Talking about binging mistakes, I'll be watching the entirety of Bojack Horseman season 4 this weekend.

I binged Black Mirror S1 and 2 in like a day.

Huge mistake.

That sounds like a mistake. There were a few episodes where I just needed a break.

- J - D -

Black Mirror season 3 is so great. It has an episode that actually has something optimistic to say about technology and the future.

giphy.gif

is that like a rick and morty type show

Rick and morty plays with your heart at times during its dark moments but most of the time its jolly and fun

Bojack takes your heart to a nice fancy restaurant and treats you well and you are having a good fun time and then half way through the dinner takes your heart into an alley and slowly beats it up, shoots it nine times and destroys its cell phone so it cant call for help. Then a random stranger comes and saves the heart and says "things will get better" but the pain is still there and your heart knows that the cycle will begin again.

Todayborday is a Labor Day.

Sometimes you need to rest your muder muscles.

Exercize those murder muscles by doing the murderin' yourself!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Gobias

Banned
I tried to watch Bojack a few times but I thought the first couple episodes were awful. Does it get a lot better or should I just skip it

Hindl

I tried to watch Bojack a few times but I thought the first couple episodes were awful. Does it get a lot better or should I just skip it

I had the same issue but I thought the end of season 1 got a lot better. They stopped trying to be so funny and started digging into the characters more. I won't guarantee you'll like it, especially if you don't want to feel depressed. Also even though I like it I don't think it's quite must-see TV so if you have other shows in your backlog you can probably skip it. But it does get better so if you're ever bored give it a chance

Ashby

David seems cool and was pretty good on camera considering this is his first time in a video. Wonder why they don't use him more, seems like he plays/knows about games too.

I rolled my eyes at all the unrelated Twin Peaks talk in this thread but Bojack Horseman talk... that I can get into. imo Its the best show on TV, but I've yet to meet another person who could get past the first few eps.

ryseing

Black Mirror season 3 is so great. It has an episode that actually has something optimistic to say about technology and the future.

I wasn't a huge fan of S3 in general, but I did quite like that episode/Shut up and Dance. Mackenzie Davis is such a great actress. Absolute joy to watch. I hope her part in Blade Runner is significant.

What does he even do all day?

He's the business dude, so I presume he works with the ad team/corporate and Rorie.

daveo42

Banned
Im almost through with the first episode of Bojack and Im kinda hating it. I haven't laughed once. At all. I want a refund.

Things get better by mid-season as others have said (I personally think it starts around episode 3 with the intro of Sarah Lynn). I will say that there are a few standout moments of comedy, but alot of what I find hilarious is all the references and puns in the background. Show is just littered with them.

Season 2 is way better and season 3 has one of my favorite episodes of TV ever. I'm not saying you should commit if you don't find the show great or interesting, but it does get better.

You know what's good from the start? The Life & Times of Tim.

You know what's a good cartoon? Home Movies. Someone should bring that back.

giphy.gif

So should I jump to ep7 or just skip season 1 altogether?

As much as the first half of season 1 isn't the best, there are quite a few callbacks to earlier episodes in the latter half of the season so you have to tough it out but it will be worth it. Don't skip season 1 at all though it lays alot of groundwork for the later seasons and it does get better.

So should I jump to ep7 or just skip season 1 altogether?

Even though the first half of the season is not great, I would stick with it because there is a lot of character development / references that will be a lot more satisfying later on. But if you're gonna skip anyway, ep 7 would probably be fine. Been a while since I watched it.

Top Bottom