• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT31| I Think it Might Be for Show

Oakinn

I haven't watched the latest murder island yet but their entire problem is communication. Most of them are pretty decent at shooting guys. During the Last stream
Ben, Brad and Alex are still alive holed up in a house. A single dude comes in and wrecks them because no one can actively communicate where this guy is. He's in the house killing his teammates and Alex is upstairs shooting at a guy 100 yards away.

Zacagawea

I haven't watched the new island but they should just play duos...the best stream was the more chill first one where there were only 3 people

I haven't watched the latest murder island yet but their entire problem is communication. Most of them are pretty decent at shooting guys. During the Last stream
Ben, Brad and Alex are still alive holed up in a house. A single dude comes in and wrecks them because no one can actively communicate where this guy is. He's in the house killing his teammates and Alex is upstairs shooting at a guy 100 yards away.
jinx you owe me a coke

I'm kind of burnt out on OW, Titanfall and Splatoon 2 hasn't really grabbed me much so I've been trying to find an upcoming MP shooter that interests me. Long story short, I watched some COD WWII gameplay and were COD MP maps always this small or am I mis remembering?

The older CoD maps (1-Black Ops) definitely felt bigger and had longer sight lines. Starting from MW3, they started making the maps a lot more cluttered with shorter sight lines to try to discourage camping/quick scoping that was people felt was a problem in MW2 for whatever reason. I see this trend continuing with COD WW2 which is disappointing.

Megasoum

Banned
I just watched a streamer win a game with 18 kills... Holy shit

YIglZYM.jpg

From the Hellblade thread:
Soma was my favorite game story the year it came out and Hellblade is my favorite so far this year, for what it's worth (I finished the game a couple hours ago).

I guess I'm still under embargo even though the game is out (?), but it is wildly unique and I found it exceptionally moving in parts. I can't think of another game that's quite like it.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
It seems like it's a pity that they decided to call hellblade well, fucking Hellblade.

I'll give that a look though. Doesn't sound like it'll take too long to finish.

NightOnyx

I just finished today's PUBG stream. There was some good stuff but I think I do have to agree that Dan was a little too much this week, and I'm a big Dan fan. I am not someone who gets annoyed when they don't play the "right" way, I just usual enjoy watching them play and chat together no matter how well they do. So most of the time I find Dan being Dan to usually be funny and entertaining, but this stream was pretty rough, especially when it was very obvious that everyone was getting annoyed with him, Jeff especially. Maybe it was just more noticeable this week because he was the player we were watching, but it was kind of frustrating to say the least.

I also watched the first episode of The Exquisite Corps, and it was so good! Abby continues to be awesome, and I really enjoy her and Vinny's chemistry. I can already tell that this is going to be such a fun series though. I can't wait to see how the next person playing will react to the results of Abby's run, and then so on throughout the episodes. It's a really great idea for a series.

I haven't watched the latest murder island yet but their entire problem is communication.

I find the same thing. Austin and Patrick have similar problems. Austin often says "I'm going there!" while looking at something obvious on his (but no one else's) screen.

Also "gah! I'm down!" rather than any info.

I'm not great at it, but it just takes practice.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Why is it stuff like GTA 5 and even Mafia 3 still sell so well but like every open world game now is either wilderness on some remote island or some scifi city.

like youd think more publishers would try to get in on that action because it felt like even the gta clones sold far better than they should have in the ps2 era from copying that stuff

oti

Banned
It's pretty clear which game withstands the test of time (MARIO MAKER) and which game does not (MGS V).

Despite Brad saying it's the best action game or whatever at the time. It's boring and after the hype died down people feel comfortable to call it out.

Mario Maker is still Mario Maker and amazing and people would still play and and talk about it if it was on a console they still want to play games on.

Why is it stuff like GTA 5 and even Mafia 3 still sell so well but like every open world game now is either wilderness on some remote island or some scifi city.

like youd think more publishers would try to get in on that action because it felt like even the gta clones sold far better than they should have in the ps2 era from copying that stuff

I mean, because that's a whole lot more expensive and more difficult to create a city that feels real compared to a bunch of trees and grass that feels real.

oti

Banned
The real question is if Hellblade's story will be better than Des2ny's

You joke, but I bet the mere fact that Destiny 2 apparently has a story as opposed to the mess that Destiny 1 was, I'm sure many people and reviewers will treat "it has a story" like "it has a good story".

oti

Banned
Hellblade seems like a very solid game worth playing for the story and character.
I actually stopped the QL to not see too much of it.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I think I'm pretty alright with taking a gander because it's a cheaper release.

Plus I need something story oriented. Haven't played a game with a story for ages.

Hasney

Hellblade looked interesting, but the reviews putting it in the 60's clearly don't like Ninja Theories other games gameplay so I'll give this a hard miss. Haven't like the actual act of playing in any of their games.

Aselith

Hellblade looks pretty boring from the QL. They may not be showing the good stuff but it looks like a whole lotta braindead easy mechanics wrapped around what apparently is a good story.

Those shape matching puzzles seem like they would hit "not another one!" territory real quick

Hasney

a whole lotta braindead easy mechanics wrapped around what apparently is a good story.

That's Ninja Theory in general to me. For all the complaints you could levy against DmC, the worst for me was having stupid colour coded fights. I hate how fans of that game try and paint you as a hater just for the stupid character compared to real DMC, but ignore the fact [they made the combat a lot fucking worse

kiguel182

Brad’s high praise definetly put Hellblade in my wishlist. Him and Alex usually get it right when it comes to story and setting in games.

Xater

Hellblade looks pretty boring from the QL. They may not be showing the good stuff but it looks like a whole lotta braindead easy mechanics wrapped around what apparently is a good story.

Those shape matching puzzles seem like they would hit "not another one!" territory real quick

That's the problem I have with these kind of games. Seems like Ninja Theory continues to create games with nice presentation and stories, but mediocre gameplay.

Zeroro

Still trying to figure out what the hell the gimmick of Kingdom Heartache is what with Brad's reticence during that 1099 interview.

Mechazawa

Jeff too.

Im pretty sure jeff is the one saying he doesnt like challenge in his games and doesnt want to spend time repeating a segment over and over again.

Yeah, Jeff's the one that always evangelizes the "Normal" playthrough, even if it's not in the best interest of the game. And sneers when a game like Halo literally says otherwise.

I wouldn't throw Alex in the mix since I'm pretty sure he said in one of the recent Beastcasts that he tends to start games on Hard.

I enjoyed all of their games(not counting Disney Infinity) but the gameplay itself was never their strongest suit save for DmC when compared with their other games. The games I remember the most though is Enslaved followed by Heavenly Sword. Both have good stories & characters. Heavenly Sword looked mind blowing back in the day and still kind of does.

YC4XyEz.gif

The framerate and screen tearing though are still horrible. But what stuck with me was the characters, story and the world itself. Really hyped for this Hellblade, going to get it soon.

Top Bottom