• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT31| I Think it Might Be for Show

Yeah, Jeff's the one that always evangelizes the "Normal" playthrough, even if it's not in the best interest of the game. And sneers when a game like Halo literally says otherwise.

I wouldn't throw Alex in the mix since I'm pretty sure he said in the of the recent Beastcasts that he tends to start games on Hard.

Yeah.

Vinny...vinny likes playing hard games? Witcher 3 isnt a cake walk for example.

Dan has mentioned that he likes playing hard games when the gameplays good(ie dmc3/dmc). Brad plays dota and thats always hard. I cant get a read on ben or abby. Jason...dont really know his tastes.

Zaph

Yeah, Jeff's the one that always evangelizes the "Normal" playthrough, even if it's not in the best interest of the game. And sneers when a game like Halo literally says otherwise.

I wouldn't throw Alex in the mix since I'm pretty sure he said in one of the recent Beastcasts that he tends to start games on Hard.

I love Halo, and hard is the way to go, but "the way its intended to be played" is some dumb bullshit that deserves to be called out.

We live in a world where Souls games are mass-market. Consumers clearly don't want every game to wrap them in cotton wool. If the best experience comes from playing it on hard, make that normal - you're doing your game a disservice otherwise.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Enslaved and DmC are both middling to bad games, Brad loved both. Heavenly Sword is a bad bad bad game.

I love Halo, and hard is the way to go, but "the way its intended to be played" is some dumb bullshit that deserves to be called out.

We live in a world where Souls games are mass-market. Consumers clearly don't want every game to wrap them in cotton wool. If the best experience comes from playing it on hard, make that normal - you're doing your game a disservice otherwise.

Funnily enough Jeff doesnt like the dark souls games.

So the "packaging" of a games difficulty isnt the issue here.

Enslaved and DmC are both middling to bad games, Brad loved both. Heavenly Sword is a bad bad bad game.

I loved all 3 but when I say loved, I don't mean the complete package. There are specific things I love about each game, particularly Enslaved and Heavenly Sword which both tell interesting stories in somewhat unique settings with good to great characters. In terms of gameplay though they're all EH with DmC being the standout(It doesn't compare with previous DMC games though).

def sim

Whats your favourite Giantbomb GIF, GAF?

jeffearpfbu4.gif

Mechazawa

The Souls game have built a lot of cache off the back of being punishing games and at this point, most people who didn't bounce off those games know what they're getting into. That doesn't mean these people are looking for similarly challenging experiences in their other games.

If Hugh Man buys Bloodborne 2 and then buys Halo 7 with the intention of playing on Normal instead of Heroic or Legendary, then they're probably doing it because they're looking for a comparable experience to Borderlands Normal or Uncharted Normal or [insert mass market shooter Normal here] that they've always played on.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member

i mean, maybe "the way it was designed" is the better usage? there is something to saying "this is how we balanced the game".

Xater

I just saw the new Xbox update. MS is slowly getting to a decent console interface. There is still too much unnecessary fluff though I don't need to see unless I specifically want to see it.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
somehow, the one of alex clapping and looking at the camera is lower in the pit of the uncanny valley than that gif ^

Hasney

Wrestling much like Dan's supposed gimmick are ridiculous I have no idea what you're talking about.

We Go Hard, All Day, All Night
All My Proud Southern People Who Be Ready To Fight
Say Yeah! (Yeah)
Yeah! (Yeah)
Yeah! (Yeah)
Yeah! (Yeah)
We Aint Ashamed If We're Clearing The Park
And If You're Looking For Trouble Our Bite Is Worse Than Our Bark
Cause We Them Proud Southern Boys
Till The Day We Dead
We Got Fists Made Of Fire, And Our Neck All Red
We Keep it Dirty (Dirty)
We Keep It Gritty (Gritty)
Don't Need Your Sig, Dont Need Your City
We Keep it Dirty (Keep It Dirty)
We Keep It Gritty (Keep It Gritty)
All My Proud Southern People Let Them Know That You're With Me!
We Go Hard, All Day, All Night
All My Proud Southern People Who Be Ready To Fight
Say Yeah! (Yeah)
Yeah! (Yeah)
Yeah! (Yeah)
Yeah! (Yeah)

I didn't know that was the second line

Hasney

has there been a single NXT tag team that made it in the main roster

Revival made them all look even better than they were, but now Scott Dawson is out for 6 months I doubt they'll make it that big either, which is a huge bummer. They seemingly had match of the night every single NXT Takeover.

But hey, Kurt Angle got his son back at least, so American Alpha can split over such an emotional moment.

Hasney

Enzo & Cass made it...sort of.

One can talk but has pissed everyone off backstage, the other one is tall. What a team.

So what you're telling me is that some of the supposed bad guys from wrestling have a sing-along with a chorus like something out of Disney cartoon made in the 1930s. Wrestling is some real cool guy stuff.

I renounced my cool guy status by signing up for a video game message board, then diluted it further by joining a back-alley community thread for another video game website.

But really it's an annoyingly catchy song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uI01OOz0GE

One can talk but has pissed everyone off backstage, the other one is tall. What a team.

I renounced my cool guy status by signing up for a video game message board, then diluted it further by joining a back-alley community thread for another video game website.

But really it's an annoyingly catchy song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uI01OOz0GE

I don't think I want to taint my YouTube account by clicking that link. I'll be getting served up Wrestling videos for a week. I'll take your word for it.

Top Bottom