• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT31| I Think it Might Be for Show

oh god how is he going to open it

Everyone knows you use the leaves to cut it open. Done right it should slide right through the skin--and it's highly recommended because the acids in the leaves accentuate the sweetness of the fruit within.

It's like nature designed it to be the best fruit. Also great on pizza.

Does Dota 2 still have that vaseline mode that renders everything poorly so it can run on lower end computers? I used that when I had a bad laptop years ago. It's amazingly ugly but it's still dota so it worked.

On the other end of the spectrum, I've been watching the International, and HOLY CRAP the game looks even more incredible than I remember it. I have over 1000 hours in Dota and even I was having a tough time following along with the amount of particle effects and light flare happening whenever someone ulted.

Wunder

Everyone knows you use the leaves to cut it open. Done right it should slide right through the skin--and it's highly recommended because the acids in the leaves accentuate the sweetness of the fruit within.

It's like nature designed it to be the best fruit. Also great on pizza.

god really designed the best stuff

New Feature Idea:

Save Dan's Goddamn Life

A live feature with community participation where, between episodes, polls are conducted to determine what exercised Dan will have to do live on stream and what healthy meals he will have to eat. Segment during each ep that inlays the chat's live poll-function into the video, where people vote in real time for an activity/nutritious food for Dan to partake in.

I’m so confused, I thought GAF loved hard games, and yet suddenly this Hellblade thing comes along and everyone is flipping their shit

DanRyckert

A good strange little man
He comes from a family of grocery store owners and worked in said store I believe.

Nah. Ryckert's Market was my family's grocery store. It was in Lenexa, KS for most of the 20th century but closed down in 1993 when all of the big box stores came to town. I was nine then, so I spent a ton of time there and have fond memories of it but I never worked there.

And now that I think about it, I must have walked past some pineapples there at the time. I just never stopped to really look at them or hold them or anything.

Xater

On the other end of the spectrum, I've been watching the International, and HOLY CRAP the game looks even more incredible than I remember it. I have over 1000 hours in Dota and even I was having a tough time following along with the amount of particle effects and light flare happening whenever someone ulted.

True, the move to Source 2 really shows. It's quite pretty and still remains to be very clean looking so it's easy to follow. I mean if you know what you are doing.

strafer

Nah. Ryckert's Market was my family's grocery store. It was in Lenexa, KS for most of the 20th century but closed down in 1993 when all of the big box stores came to town. I was nine then, so I spent a ton of time there and have fond memories of it but I never worked there.

And now that I think about it, I must have walked past some pineapples there at the time. I just never stopped to really look at them or hold them or anything.

If you're ever in Sweden, don't be alarmed when you see this.

20150621091552074.jpg

Looks kinda like a wasp.

Figs are the wasp fruit friend.

Jesus, every time TB speaks it makes me feel worse about liking him at one point. I literally can't comprehend how he can't see what a huge a hypocrite he is and how he's unable to think about anybody other than himself/his friends. Even his whole tirade against the toxicity of fanboys is a joke given he's the biggest fanboy of himself on the planet.

I mean in that same string of comments he states "All YouTube comments taught me is that almost nobody has any idea how to give proper criticism of anything." This is from a man who called a teams artistic vision is moronic because it featured a mechanic he didn't like without even looking into why it's there. He even called permadeath "Outdated" when I can't think of a single AAA action game that features it.

For some reason I listened to a segment of his podcast last week and he was talking about the PUBG stream sniping. Not only does he confuse stream sniping and ghosting whilst claiming other people were ignorant for always get them wrong, he put all responsibility on the streamer and not the person breaking ToS by stream sniping. He said that the devs didn't have enough evidence to prove stream sniping (despite them having the data that the account disconnected/reconnected until they got on the same server as the streamer) only to go on to making sweeping accusations how the devs favour streamers due to their business model whilst he admits he has 0 evidence to support it. He then went on how Twitch chat interaction isn't important to streamers and is a lazy/uninspired/stupid way to run a stream because he never interacted with his audience and he's been successful on switch. He didn't even realise this was because he already built a huge fanbase on youtube.

On top of that there's the whole GG and white privilege doesn't exist shit... I know this isn't the place to rant about random "critics" but that's been on my chest for a week.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder

I watched one of the qualifiers in VR, that was a crazy experience. Overwhelmed almost immediately by particle effects and huge skills at full scale. Also Lone Druid's bear is a fucking bear and is the size of my living room.

Xater

I watched one of the qualifiers in VR, that was a crazy experience. Overwhelmed almost immediately by particle effects and huge skills at full scale. Also Lone Druid's bear is a fucking bear and is the size of my living room.

That sounds kind of amazing. I wish I could try that.

Hasney

Papaya is a top tier fruit and to celebrate, I've bought some cans of an IPA called 'Dangerously Close to Stupid Amounts of Papaya", which I think I may enjoy.

I also bought a lemon meringue pie and a texas pecan ice cream beer,
which I'm unsure of

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Dan sees a 🍍 in the grocery store and says, "Hey that's one of those things from Mario Sunshine. Ha"

Omg, that fruit.

Confession time: the most exotic fruit I've eaten is a pomello...
(I dunno if they're more common in countries outside of North America but I've rarely seen them before. They are delicious.)
And here is the real punchline to TB flipping his shit:

What does this mean?

oti

Banned
The Metroid video is pretty boring. Only 10 minutes of gameplay and forced amiibo placement? Come on, Nintendo. And come on GB, for accepting this.

Or the fruit of a haka aka puhala tree.

tumblr_mifz92jjDc1rl3rubo1_500.jpg

I've collected this stuff in Destiny I believe. That's how you defeat the darkness.

Nishastra

Banned
And here is the real punchline to TB flipping his shit:
That's kind of a shame.

Not that the game works that way, but rather that it'll be known now, so people will sigh and go "well, I guess I can play it now" after flipping out about a thematic mechanic in a game they haven't played.

daveo42

Banned
The most interesting fruit I've had is probably Star. I don't think standard grocery stores in the midwest get any more exotic than that.

imBask

Banned
i'm 27 and I never bought a pineapple, why would I go through this shitty process when I could just pay a dollar to get it already prepared

Top Bottom