• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT31| I Think it Might Be for Show

Sorry thread for shitting it up.

I apologize to all.

This is my favourite thread

if people have felt upset or uncomfortable about something in the discord I'd rather we have a conversation about it. I don't like seeing people leave upset. Nothing to apologize for

what's up glass shark

if people have felt upset or uncomfortable about something in the discord I'd rather we have a conversation about it. I don't like seeing people leave upset. Nothing to apologize for

what's up glass shark

personally I just don't want to be in a chat server where people discuss what is acceptable to throw at strippers when they're on stage

and making fun of people for being lesbian

you guys have your fun with whatever rules you want, I just personally don't want to be there

TraBuch

Banned
By what's acceptable to throw at strippers, do they mean what bills are acceptable? Or like, should they throw quarters? Because you obviously shouldn't throw quarters.

yami4ct

personally I just don't want to be in a chat server where people discuss what is acceptable to throw at strippers when they're on stage

you guys have your fun with whatever rules you want, I just personally don't want to be there

Obviously no one should ever be made fun of for their sexuality and I feel like I've made it pretty clear on the server that's not acceptable behavior.

Assuming you're referring to the poster I'm pretty sure you're referring to, I've already been keeping a closer eye on them and I'll be sending them a more formal warning to cut that shit out or face a ban.

The times I've visited there I've never seen this. You sure it's not just one person out of the 60+ that are there(it's most likely just one person)? then again I haven't been there a bunch, just a handful of times. Leave me with my 50 pages a post thing because it's much more easier to follow.

Obviously no one should ever be made fun of for their sexuality and I feel like I've made it pretty clear on the server that's not acceptable behavior.

Assuming you're referring to the poster I'm pretty sure you're referring to, I've already been keeping a closer eye on them and I'll be sending them a more formal warning to cut that shit out or face a ban.

I'll be real and say I probably have a much lower bar for what would be considered offensive or unacceptable, and I'm not asking that the Discord be held to that standard or anything, I'm just saying that if that kind of joking is going on there, it's not somewhere I want to hang out. I know some people will probably think that kind of stuff is innocent or I'm a prude or whatever, that's fine. I've been asked by multiple people now why I left and I just wanted to say that and be done with it.

I mean I was only there for like a week anyway, not like I was some valued member of the community that will be missed.

So I've started playing Mass effect Andromeda. I got it in a psn sale a while ago and I'm actually having a good time with it. It's definetly not as good as 1-3 but it's not bad.

pizzacat

Banned
I'll be real and say I probably have a much lower bar for what would be considered offensive or unacceptable, and I'm not asking that the Discord be held to that standard or anything, I'm just saying that if that kind of joking is going on there, it's not somewhere I want to hang out. I know some people will probably think that kind of stuff is innocent or I'm a prude or whatever, that's fine. I've been asked by multiple people now why I left and I just wanted to say that and be done with it.

I mean I was only there for like a week anyway, not like I was some valued member of the community that will be missed.
Yami just banned the guy in question discord is being crumbled by you

yami4ct

I get it, and like you said everyone has different humor tolerances and shit. I just wanted to make clear that making fun of anybody's sexuality is absolutely past my line and, as server owner, is something I want to take seriously and deal with appropriately.

Yami just banned the guy in question discord is being crumbled by you

Pizza. Don't do this.

so I'm watching Kingdom Heartache and is Ben just wandering randomly or actually trying to accomplish something? like not being rude, I genuinely can't tell. is the game just like this?

TraBuch

Banned
What the hell is a toonie and how come Canada is the only country where the name people are identified with changes how the country is pronounced?

so I'm watching Kingdom Heartache and is Ben just wandering randomly or actually trying to accomplish something? like not being rude, I genuinely can't tell. is the game just like this?
That's what the start is like you have to find a few items that are hidden in the area and it's not super clear if you are looking at the item you need until you're right on top of it. I haven't watched the video, so I don't know if that's what he's doing or not.

It's almost like KH1 is a pretty bad game by modern standards.

I just replayed KH2 and stand by that game. It's great

Having just finished it I'm inclined to agree. If it wasn't for nostalgia I don't think I would have finished.

What the hell is a toonie and how come Canada is the only country where the name people are identified with changes how the country is pronounced?
Loonie abd Toonie are our one and two dollar coins.
Screen+shot+2012-04-24+at+6.45.25+AM.png

Edit: sizing fucked on that pic Toonie is bigger than loonie

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Steal My Sunshine is one of my favorites things. I've laughed so much at the bullshit. When Dan shot the bird and a shine was revealed I lost it.

Just a few notes about the latest Kingdom Heartache episode

- Pretty stones are just made for selling.
- The reason Ben was confused by there not being things in locations he was checking like the hole with the boulder blocking it is because he had already got the item last episode.
- You don't have to fight Tidus, Wakka, or Selphie. They're just there to learn the combat and gain some exp. People use a tech glitch with Tidus to grind exp off sword clashes with Tidus. Normally you get 1 exp for beating any of three FF kids, but techs give 2 exp.
- You only ever have to race Riku once.
- The combat will become more complex as you go on, Destiny Islands is just a tutorial area.
- You can add items to quick select as well as magic when you learn spells so you don't have to sift through the command menu.

Phu

Banned
Why isn't the one dollar coin called a wunie?

Because it has a loon on it and existed before toonies did. Toonie is playing off the loonie name, but the loonie name itself didn't really have to do with the coin's value.

It's like a Banjo-Kazooie to Banjo-Tooie situation.

Harpuia

I remember why I hold disdain for KHI. The intro sucks. I'm fairly certain I spent about as much time fumbling around the island as Ben. Who the fuck will know to whack the trees or where the mushrooms are.

I guess the intention is for you to spend time on the island and "wow the player will love walking around the Destiny Islands just like Sora!!" But fails miserably.

KHII came out like 3 years later but it's fascinating from the standpoint of how games have changed that it just straight up tells you constantly where to go. Either through NPCs or the pop up notifications the game does at the top of the screen.

I started up XCom 2 because just hearing GB doing a feature about XCom made me want to play it. It's a great game and I'm reminded how stressful it is but I've done surprisingly well on a late mission. But near the end I have encountered a bug that causes the PS4 to crash every time I attempt to shoot at an enemy...

Joeku

I started up XCom 2 because just hearing GB doing a feature about XCom made me want to play it. It's a great game and I'm reminded how stressful it is but I've done surprisingly well on a late mission. But near the end I have encountered a bug that causes the PS4 to crash every time I attempt to shoot at an enemy...

Sony is all about nonaggression. Just accept it.

BTA

Ended up really liking Exquisite Corps episode 1 despite being a little worried that not having played XCOM myself might make it kinda boring at first.

Is it gonna be a weekly thing on Mondays though? I was expecting it more often than that it it's only around 45 minutes per episode, since that's sorta long to wait to see what the next person does as is. M/W/F or even just M/F could be nice.

Top Bottom