• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT31| I Think it Might Be for Show

Scizzy

They should play that more than once a week for a better flow. But they're also editing it so maybe that's just unrealistic with their busy schedule.

If each general is playing once every three weeks (and skipping two thirds of the ramp up that's designed to hone your skills), this is going to get even more bloody that it already is.

Scarecrow

Thank god these Kingdom Hearts videos are less than an hour because this first half hour of Ben running around has felt like an eternity.

If they choose to continue with it, someone's gotta man a walkthrough. Searching for a mushroom for an hour, in a game they have no interest in, is such a drag.

Kalor

That was a good second episode of Kingdom Hearts. I'm still not sure about the revolving chair but at least they're off the island.

Real Hero

I was happy about the new kingdom hearts feature but I'm done watching them play a game and act like they really don't want to be playing it. West don't need to apply the Mario Party gimmick to everything

oti

Banned
Exquisite Corps and Steal My Sunshine
Too bad we don't have viewing numbers for those. But I remember actual social media buzz for Mario Party Party that just hasn't happened again. For KH we at least have the public YT numbers and it's pretty clear - if the numbers keep up - that it's the most popular public feature they have now.

#
killDota

Every episode of MGScanlon

please

Too bad we don't have viewing numbers for those. But I remember actual social media buzz for Mario Party Party that just hasn't happened again. For KH we at least have the public YT numbers and it's pretty clear - if the numbers keep up - that it's the most popular public feature they have now.

#
killDota

please

#fuckdota

fuck marry kill for giant bomb premium features, go

patapuf

I want them to read the report of the previous mission really dramatically.

Especially if people died.

IIRC correctly they'll get a terror mission very soon. That should be entertaining.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
It's a shame the Best of videos don't cover the podcasts because Jeff's new email song lyrics need repeating.

Vinny's rampage in the first two games of PUBG, holy shit!

Him and Alex could taste the victory.

Need to watch the second half tonight...

Zocano

If they choose to continue with it, someone's gotta man a walkthrough. Searching for a mushroom for an hour, in a game they have no interest in, is such a drag.

Even for being an action rpg thing, it's opening is still a horrible drag (and Kingdom Hearts 2 isn't any better).

The game gets way less pixel hunty like that and more straight forward. A poster asked earlier if KH2's level design gets more complex, but it actually gets way more linear. Like the KH2 levels are hilariously small and simple compared to the already fairly simple ones from KH1.

imBask

Banned
ok 17min into the new KH video I have to go to work but there is something going on here

they
say that brad couldn't be there because he was editing but he didn't look like he was editing, he was packing games into a backpack or something
brad is leaving meme leaked?

Giant Bomb ARG confirmed?

BTA

Mhmm, I need to catch up on Kingdom Heartache but the apathy/no one wanting to be there thing is what I was worried about. Based on what I saw of the first episode Ben seems reasonably interested, though, and I'm sure it'll be easier for him to keep things going once they get past the first world or so. It, uh, would be nice if they actually paid attention to cutscenes/dialogue if the whole point is them reacting to the game, though.

Also, yeah, I realize the KH series is hard to approach and the names are completely ridiculous and all, but a lot of those spinoffs really aren't spinoffs and are pretty good games besides. Birth By Sleep, for example, is a hugely important prequel and in my opinion is also the best game in the series. I've played most of them (got far in but never beat either version of CoM, never played Re:Coded, never played more than an hour of 3DS) and the only one I really had a problem with was the first half or so of Days.

...I really should just read some summaries to remind myself what's up and pick up 2.8 already. I also do wanna beat Re:CoM someday but I have copies of the PS3 remasteres (that I got for like, $8 each thankfully), not the PS4 ones, so. Hmm.

repeater

So is the whole impetus behind the KH series "we're gonna make a shitty video series and it'll be funny because it's shitty"? Because it sure is shitty watching 2 people sit there play a game that neither of them want to play or watch
I wouldnt put it quite so strongly, but yeah, I can't see this schtick working for me for an extended run of episodes, for sure..

robotrock

Banned
maybe give it some time and see if they become more invested in the game itself? it's only been two episodes people.

don't be trying to cancel gb west content before they find their groove
unless it's DOTA

oti

Banned
"Splatoon isn't fun to watch unless the person playing is really really good"

That was the first kind of tournament long before the game even came out. :p

Besides, Abby seeems to know what she's talking about. I wouldn't mind her and her (presumably decent Splatoon friends outside of GB) playing instead of GB proper. Like whe Brad played Dota with some other dudes.

The comments on the GB site are approaching Metro QL Dan level of negativity on the new Kingdom Hearts video. I actually didn't think it was that bad, but people are pissed. Makes GBGaf look mild some of it, all premium members too, yikes.

They might just be salty KH fans though.

oti

Banned
This feature does need some fixing though.

While the rotating chair can be fun it will just result in either Brad or Jeff wondering what the hell is happening. KH's story is pretty straight and easy (or shall I say simple and clean HHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH) to follow up to a certain point, but this gimmick will make even that confusing.

They should play longer sessions.

Only playing this once a week is a BIG MISTAKE.

This feature does need some fixing though.

While the rotating chair can be fun it will just result in either Brad or Jeff wondering what the hell is happening. KH's story is pretty straight and easy (or shall I say simple and clean HHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH) to follow up to a certain point, but this gimmick will make even that confusing.

They should play longer sessions.

Only playing this once a week is a BIG MISTAKE.

I am almost certain they won't finish it. I feel like it's an ironic feature for Ben to get to know other staff better on camera.

Might be wrong. Not unhappy with that tbh. It's better than the Dota thing.

oti

Banned
I am almost certain they won't finish it. I feel like it's an ironic feature for Ben to get to know other staff better on camera.

Might be wrong. Not unhappy with that tbh. It's better than the Dota thing.

I can't imagine GB being this direspectful to their audience.

Top Bottom