• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT31| I Think it Might Be for Show

Harpuia

From DNB:
Abby: "Hey Danika can I make a meme about
how small Ben's dick is?
"

Wow those two became fast friends lmao.

Kimaka

The second KH video was rough in the beginning, but they didn't seem overly negative just bored. I can't fault them for that since the game doesn't give them clear directions on where to find the items. My only experience with KH was watching my brother play which I hardly remember so I don't know if they could have done anything more to get out of that beginning area faster.

I wish they would stop being coy about what the feature is, though.

You aren't. Neuromods are craftable.

If you use powers, you don't even need much ammo, which frees even more rescources for crafting. 2/3rds trhough the game i had over a 70 Neurodmods in my inventory because i couldn't decide whether i wanted to go down the power route or not.

The beginning of the game can be tough in spots. But if a big guy gave me too much trouble i just avoided him or went away doing something else for a while.

If your build is truly fucked. Just use the shotgun and some grenades. That works on everything.

Like I said, I'll happily accept blame in what I did to get to the point I was at, but I haven't been that frustrated in a game in a long time. At least not "fun" frustrated.

The only power I think I had was PSI Blast, and I would only have enough for two shots before having to refill. Eventually I'd run out of health/PSI hypos, and then I'd just have to run from area to area trying to not die (but kiting a ton of bad things behind me).

Yes Jeff, cosmetics are fun. But that doesn't mean I want to get behind obtaining them through random loot crates and keys or other BS micro-transactions.

patapuf

Like I said, I'll happily accept blame in what I did to get to the point I was at, but I haven't been that frustrated in a game in a long time. At least not "fun" frustrated.

The only power I think I had was PSI Blast, and I would only have enough for two shots before having to refill. Eventually I'd run out of health/PSI hypos, and then I'd just have to run from area to area trying to not die (but kiting a ton of bad things behind me).

I didn't want to imply you "played the game wrong" or anything. Sometimes one just doesn't like a game.

I just wanted to point out that one can't really "screw themselves" permanently in terms of skill tree choices. Running away is also perfectly fine at points. Especially since enemies respawn when you backtrack.

daveo42

Banned
Was wondering why Inuyasha was randomly brought up in the thread. I haven't thought about that show in years.

Yup. It's a shame that was one of the few anime that got big in the US. Her other manga are much better.

Blame Adult Swim/Toonami/CN. I liked what I saw of Inuyasha when it first aired in the United States, but it regardless of setting, it seems to check off pretty much every anime trope ever.

Seventy70

The second KH video was rough in the beginning, but they didn't seem overly negative just bored. I can't fault them for that since the game doesn't give them clear directions on where to find the items. My only experience with KH was watching my brother play which I hardly remember so I don't know if they could have done anything more to get out of that beginning area faster.

I wish they would stop being coy about what the feature is, though.

They definitely need to commit to whether or not they are actually doing this.

Also, I feel a little weird anytime a GB Crew member tries to be funny or "does a funny bit". Especially since it's always felt like it was an unspoken rule that you never actually try to be funny. The thing I've always liked about their content is that it never felt like they were putting on a show. It's what separates them from YouTubers who try to make quips and play a character for every single video. It's also weird when GB gets referred to as a "video game comedy site" by others. A bunch of funny stuff happens, but the goal isn't just to be funny.

Hellblade is fucking incredible. I've only played a bit so far, but if it keeps this up, it could very well end up as my GOTY so far. And it's a game I never even heard of until yesterday!

oti

Banned
I think they forgot to edit out the end of that DNB podcast. They said something about Nick Robinson off-mic.

Wait.

*checks episode on Pocket Casts*

EDIT

No, wait. The guest says to Abby "You called Ben Nick" and Abby responds "I KNOOOOOOWWW" and that they definitely had to cut that out.

Oh is DNB a traditional audio podcast? I'll have to subscribe then.

Also Oti how do you feel about the German doctor's accent in XCOM?

The ๖ۜBronx;245753594 said:
Just subscribed again, first time since about mid 2015. Anyone give me a heads up on their favourite features to watch? Catching up on Sunshine at the moment.

Check out this is the run (there have been two sets so far, Contra and Soul Calibur) and Beast in the East

oti

Banned
No, wait. The guest says to Abby "You called Ben Nick" and Abby responds "I KNOOOOOOWWW" and that they definitely had to cut that out.

What even is the point of this podcast.

Oh is DNB a traditional audio podcast? I'll have to subscribe then.

Also Oti how do you feel about the German doctor's accent in XCOM?

Sounds too Eastern European for me.

Wait.

*checks episode on Pocket Casts*

They totally did lol.
I think Abby said she had planned Nick as guest but NOT ANYMORE and that someone definitely had to cut out that part.

She said someone called Ben Nick by accident at one point and they'll have to cut that out. Didn't catch the bit about having him as a guest. I was also unsure if they left that part in as part of the joke?

oti

Banned
She said someone called Ben Nick by accident at one point and they'll have to cut that out. Didn't catch the bit about having him as a guest. I was also unsure if they left that part in as part of the joke?
Trying to get Peter Jackson on it sure was a joke. Other than that, no idea.

I really don't care about this podcast whatsoever to be honest.

Hasney

Trying to get Peter Jackson on it sure was a joke. Other than that, no idea.

I really don't care about this podcast whatsoever to be honest.

Had to rush when there was drama though, increasing their plays. Congrats!

Hope DOTA has some drama one day,

SomberOwl

So I got the Crash Bandicoot Stormy Accent speed run trophy. Would this go under other accomplishments on my resume? Is anyone hiring?

Top Bottom