• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT31| I Think it Might Be for Show

imBask

Banned
Being in the PUBGNOGOTY group is like being in the 2014 "Birdman was better than Whiplash" group

aka the wrong side of history

They definitely need to commit to whether or not they are actually doing this.

Also, I feel a little weird anytime a GB Crew member tries to be funny or "does a funny bit". Especially since it's always felt like it was an unspoken rule that you never actually try to be funny. The thing I've always liked about their content is that it never felt like they were putting on a show. It's what separates them from YouTubers who try to make quips and play a character for every single video. It's also weird when GB gets referred to as a "video game comedy site" by others. A bunch of funny stuff happens, but the goal isn't just to be funny.

But that's where we got this and this though.

My hopefuls for the next VRodeo: Lone Echo, Rez Infinite with motion controllers, Rec Room Quest, Gorn, and maybe Pavlov.

Oh and Ultrawings, which is going for a Pilot Wings thing.

Hahah fair enough

I love how Ben said "I am gonna stop recording now" and then it continues to roll.

YOU HAD ONE JOB BEN ONE JOB BEN lol

I think Ben DID successfully stop recording his half, because it's only Abby and Danika you hear at the end even though they're exchanging goodbyes with Ben.

The extra stuff at the end isn't that salacious. They mention a couple guests that they hope for, say that it'll probably be more structured by like episode 4.

The ๖ۜBronx;245753594 said:
Just subscribed again, first time since about mid 2015. Anyone give me a heads up on their favourite features to watch? Catching up on Sunshine at the moment.

For me honestly any GBE Playdate

I think Ben DID successfully stop recording his half, because it's only Abby and Danika you hear at the end even though they're saying goodbye to Ben.

The extra stuff at the end isn't that salacious. They mention a couple guests that they hope for, say that it'll probably be more structured by like episode 4.

That true and yeah the extra bit really wasn't that interesting.

Harpuia

Hahah fair enough

I love how Ben said "I am gonna stop recording now" and then it continues to roll.

YOU HAD ONE JOB BEN ONE JOB BEN lol

Hmmm they must have been recording this on the East side. Ben did his part; maybe Abby's the one that dropped the ball here???????

3a0.gif

Making the Department of New Business podcast all mock job interviews is kind of helpful in a way since interviewing is basically the most important job skill these days

Ben: Showing initiative early is very important in a interview process
Me: Fuck, I should write that down

I regret saying what I said earlier about the end of the podcast. I'm at work and was half listening to it. I completely misheard what they say.

I didn't want to imply you "played the game wrong" or anything. Sometimes one just doesn't like a game.

I just wanted to point out that one can't really "screw themselves" permanently in terms of skill tree choices. Running away is also perfectly fine at points. Especially since enemies respawn when you backtrack.

All good dude, always glad to discuss games with people :)

Hasney

Making the Department of New Business podcast all mock job interviews is kind of helpful in a way since interviewing is basically the most important job skill these days

Ben: Showing initiative early is very important in a interview process
Me: Fuck, I should write that down

Where do you see yourself in 10 years? Don't say being tall, cute and pretty.

oti

Banned
Download numbers of the first episode were too low so they staged this "faux-pas" so the new episode goes viral.

#followthemoney
#PUBGNOGOTY

Hmmm they must have been recording this on the East side. Ben did his part; maybe Abby's the one that dropped the ball here???????

I got this pic from Abby from the recording booth of this episode i think its clear who's to blame here

AggravatingGenerousBubblefish-mobile.jpg

always blame dan even when he is not there

Harpuia

If DNB becomes a jokey interview type thing I'm all for that. I hope they have more guests regularly. Then maybe some people will stop complaining about "the point" of the podcast.

Lari

I hope we get at least one more Abby freak out™ during Steal My Sunshine today.

Also over/under on alex passing the controller again?

Hasney

If DNB becomes a jokey interview type thing I'm all for that. I hope they have more guests regularly. Then maybe some people will stop complaining about "the point" of the podcast.

On the cut part, Abby did say that by episode 4 or something they'll likely have found a sructure.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
My hopefuls for the next VRodeo: Lone Echo, Rez Infinite with motion controllers, Rec Room Quest, Gorn, and maybe Pavlov.

Oh and Ultrawings, which is going for a Pilot Wings thing.

Rez VR is out on PC?

Rez VR is out on PC! I feel sick and need to not be at work for reasons unrelated entirely to the fact that I'm going to be living in Rez now.

Harpuia

I hope we get at least one more Abby freak out™ during Steal My Sunshine today.

Also over/under on alex passing the controller again?

I bet all my shines that Alex will pass it over to someone again. They're starting to get deeper on the later worlds and therein lies the worst level design in sunshine.

I really hate getting upset over how internet people play the video games, but I do not know why Alex passed the controller to Abby on the Noki bay stage. It really wasn't that hard...just...try more things and explore..

Hasney

I bet all my shines that Alex will pass it over to someone again. They're starting to get deeper on the later worlds and therein lies the worst level design in sunshine.

I really hate getting upset over how internet people play the video games, but I do not know why Alex passed the controller to Abby on the Noki bay stage. It really wasn't that hard...just...try more things and explore..

Because he gets worked up about it when he spends too much time and making mistakes. It sets him off and he clearly doesn't feel good. You see it in Mega Man too, but he actually likes that game so it's easier to deal with. Just has to keep telling himself it's not his day.

oti

Banned

Really don't think a video game is worth getting upset over. Maybe it's just his character and he can't handle too much frustration. He would know.

Alex shouldn't worry too much about fucking up or about what the chat has to say about him fucking up.
That's easier said than done though.

Lari

I think some of the stages are just not his cup of tea.

Some of the stuff in Mega Man seem way harder than Mario Sunshine yet he doesn't get nearly as frustrated with those.

Really don't think a video game is worth getting upset over. Maybe it's just his character and he can't handle too much frustration. He would know.

I think it's a diagnosed anxiety thing. He's talked on twitter and stuff before about having to manage things like that.

Top Bottom