• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT31| I Think it Might Be for Show

Tagyhag

They were supposed to get another person for production. That somehow never happened.

I know it takes time, but Drew has been gone for almost 5 months now, and Jeff has known for over 6 months that he was leaving.

I really hope they don't just think that Jason can just do it all by himself without a problem and he's too nice to speak up about it.

Gator86

I find myself just skipping huge chunks of the podcast each week these days now that Ben's arrival has led to interminable esports blather. I would rather stick my hand in a blender than listen to people talk about competitive dota. Ben, please, stop encouraging this.

I feel like Brad fits better in the KH series than Jeff does. Brad's episode has a better balance of being cynical while still mostly paying attention. The second episode might as well have just been a podcast with how little they actually talked about the game.

daveo42

Banned
I know it takes time, but Drew has been gone for almost 5 months now, and Jeff has known for over 6 months that he was leaving.

I really hope they don't just think that Jason can just do it all by himself without a problem and he's too nice to speak up about it.

They are hiring for another video production person at West, but it's probably tied up in HR at the moment. Make sure there's an open req, write the job description, work with HR on keeping the posting up for more than a week, making sure recruiters are involved, posting it to the CBS website.

Not like Ben and Abby were overnight hires. Plus, the process to replace Drew wouldn't have started until after he left the site and the position they hire in for would be different than what Drew was doing when he left.

Jeff said they could't start the process until drew actually left and going through HR, reading through resumes, interviewing, probably stalling a little during june because of E3, and trying find someone that can fit in with the group on the couch if necessary and can get along with Jason, I can imagine it has been a difficult process.

I would say if the holidays come around and there is no announcement, then we can worry.

Tagyhag

They are hiring for another video production person at West, but it's probably tied up in HR at the moment. Make sure there's an open req, write the job description, work with HR on keeping the posting up for more than a week, making sure recruiters are involved, posting it to the CBS website.

Not like Ben and Abby were overnight hires. Plus, the process to replace Drew wouldn't have started until after he left the site and the position they hire in for would be different than what Drew was doing when he left.

True, I'll start to worry if it takes over a year.

At least Jeff and Vinny have been 100% accurate with the hires.

Did my routine download of a new Overwatch update to just open the free crate and got jack shit. I don't want to play the game :( I'm level 13 so I could probably get more pretty fast but ehh

Why do I want these items

giphy.gif

soundtest

Banned
Hot take over a decade old: KH1 ain't a good game at all.

I can't wait to see them dabble in gummi ship nonsense and the final battle which is about 49 forms of the final boss with zero saves in between and all of it is trash.

Extra bonus points if they get stuck at the Tarzan vines

I played kingdom hearts with my ex wife when it was new. I remember thinking it was ok but not amazing as give FF fans we enjoyed that part.

But that said we got to Ursala and stopped playing there, people who know the game how far in is that??

oti

Banned
Having someone who cares about Disney or Final Fantasy after 6 would really improve the conversation because it could steer into something semi on topic. No one seemed to recognize any of the FF characters besides Wakka.

Yeah, that's why I said after the first episode they need someone who actually likes and knows KH. Otherwise we get two people who don't know what is happening or don't care, despite Ben saying he does care. Sure doesn't seem like it.

They all don't much care about Disney or FF either. So... yeah...

Please stop: East'fing West. I dig both styles and love the contrast in each content, please don't turn it all the same and let things flow normally. It seems to me sometimes like West can't win? If they don't make content then most people are like WHAT'S STOPPIN WEST?! if they make content THEY AREN'T ENTHUSIASTIC ENOUGH.

Just finished episode 2 and it was ok. I enjoyed the first episode abit more because half of this episode was mindless running, however, I did enjoy some of Jeff's discussions and takes on things.

I'm a big throner

This is that fucker from that game

I had a netflix account for a long time and never used it. So I was just paying them money for nothing. Then the one time I was in a hotel room and I went like "man I could really go for watching Tokyo Drift", it was not on Netflix so I cancelled Netflix and never looked back.

qGnW0rJ.gif

They're almost there to the Disney stuff in KH, just abit more to do in Traverse Town and then later on it's all Disney worlds and shit.
Chemtrails
Goofy killed me.

I played kingdom hearts with my ex wife when it was new. I remember thinking it was ok but not amazing as give FF fans we enjoyed that part.

But that said we got to Ursala and stopped playing there, people who know the game how far in is that??

Like.....60% of the way through give or take. Also I hated everything about the Ursula fight (Both parts).

Did my routine download of a new Overwatch update to just open the free crate and got jack shit. I don't want to play the game :( I'm level 13 so I could probably get more pretty fast but ehh

Why do I want these items

giphy.gif

They completely flattened the XP curve some time ago so that every level in Overwatch takes the same amount of time.

And, I also tried to play Overwatch again recently and it just feels frustrating. Even before starting a match, you're either unable to get the hero, role, or map you want. Then you get into the game and no one's coordinating, the healer switched out to a sniper, and, oh, you're facing a pre-arranged team of six against your team's randos. Then you finish the match and inch closer to the loot reward that's, honestly, the only reason you're still playing.

PUB delivers the intense multiplayer I want out of Overwatch so much more consistently. It's kinda made the latter obsolete... or at least, really difficult to go back to. I dunno if it's a new game effect or what, but it feels like such an excellent refinement of MP shooters' best qualities.

Thinking back on it

I understand why they were doing their bit in the island part. The island part is godawful and there really is nothing to do but shoot the shit.

Thankfully it gets better. But Traverse Town is a bit slow. It doesn't pick up till you get to the first disney world

which is probably tarzans world I take that back it's all downhill from here

Thinking back on it

I understand why they were doing their bit in the island part. The island part is godawful and there really is nothing to do but shoot the shit.

Thankfully it gets better. But Traverse Town is a bit slow. It doesn't pick up till you get to the first disney world

I think enemy level wise they want you to go to alice in wonderlands world first........I wonder how much fun they will have doing the "find the evidence" game in that world.

Some real shocking revelations at the end of the Banned/Deleted/Uncensored episode of DNB.

In the words of Brad

Grandiose and wrongheaded interpretations or wild conspiracy theories based on like off hand comments here and there is a whole separate can of worms that I don't know if I want to get into. People read alot of what they want and read into things that are said or not said or you know just goofy glances or whatever, I mean, it's a weird thing. I really don't know how to approach that stuff. People come up with some wild ideas.
Can't believe Gal Gun VR and Rez Infinite for PC came out the same day. This day was made for Jeff to do a vrodeo

fqQnfYB.gif

Alex is a goddamn saint. I found it charming when he passed his controller in episode 3. He knows himself than anyone, and made the wise decision of changing the circumstances before he became legitimately angry. I admire his steadfastness as a guardian of his mental health.
+1
I've actually enjoyed most if not all the call in shows that they've done so i would actually like that.

I like'em as an extra bombcasts of sorts.
Thinking back on it

Yeah the beginning of KH1 and especially KH2 is UGH. There are some people that like the beginnings but not me. Traverse Town is abit slow but after that it's all about them Disney worlds and it'll depend on which Disney cartoon you like. If it's one you hate then you're going to have a bad time, if it's one you love then you're going to have a good time.

Harpuia

I think enemy level wise they want you to go to alice in wonderlands world first........I wonder how much fun they will have doing the "find the evidence" game in that world.

Man looking at this game after seeing what KHIII and KH 3D did for mobility options, KH is indeed an Old Game.

KHII doesn't have this problem but as a result the level design is fairly linear. Which is fine because at some point the game becomes non-stop boss fights.

In the words of Brad

Grandiose and wrongheaded interpretations or wild conspiracy theories based on like off hand comments here and there is a whole separate can of worms that I don't know if I want to get into. People read alot of what they want and read into things that are said or not said or you know just goofy glances or whatever, I mean, it's a weird thing. I really don't know how to approach that stuff. People come up with some wild ideas.

Don't smear Brad's good name by implying he thinks "a lot" is one word.

Catvoca

Banned
I actually like the beginning of KH2 more than KH. Kingdom Hearts not only has the awful Destiny Islands but then the first two worlds are Alice in Wonderland and Tarzan, both of which are trash levels with an awful layout that requires confusing backtracking. KH2 at least has Mulan right after the long ass prologue, which is a dope world.

oakenhild

I find myself just skipping huge chunks of the podcast each week these days now that Ben's arrival has led to interminable esports blather. I would rather stick my hand in a blender than listen to people talk about competitive dota. Ben, please, stop encouraging this.

As a counterpoint, I enjoy the new content and fresh perspectives from Ben. It helps that he seems to be pretty into it, and knows what's going on. esports seems to be getting bigger and bigger, and there is certainly room in their 2 hour weekly podcast to cover what's going on.

I hope they cover the pubg tournament that's coming up as well. A year ago, I wouldn't have considered watching any esports, but I'm excited for that tournament. I even find myself tuning into dota2ti even though I have no idea what's happening.

I just find myself skipping more and more of West's content now. I don't bother with UPF anymore and I don't think I care enough to listen to the Bombcast.

Teddified

I just hope they at least try to pay more attention to cutscenes in KH I know the gimmick was that it was a sound test and Jeff didn't give a shit so he just talked about random things while a cutscene is on. I don't mind talking over cutscenes if they're riffing on them like MGS but having a completely different conversation while the CS is going on makes it hard for me to concentrate on one or the other and just leaves the guys confused lol.

Like MGS I just wanna see the guys riff over the cutscenes and such.

so make an effort to pay more attention to them pls ben!

------------

Shine get?

Telfo

The KH feature has the potential to be good but Bens deadpan delivery combined with Jeff and Brad being Jeff and Brad just doesnt mesh so well yet. I think it will get better over time as they get more into the story elements of the game and have something to riff of of besides running around an island

Oh god

Oh god no

Goood no

Yeah the beginning of KH1 and especially KH2 is UGH. There are some people that like the beginnings but not me. Traverse Town is abit slow but after that it's all about them Disney worlds and it'll depend on which Disney cartoon you like. If it's one you hate then you're going to have a bad time, if it's one you love then you're going to have a good time.

I feel mixed on my expectations for the show, knowing what they have in store for them. There will be lulls in it.. But I'll take it.

Scizzy

I really like the Jeff/Ben/Brad podcasting trio. Ben is young and optimistic, Brad is the voice of reason, and Jeff gets to make fun of hats. It works for me.

Top Bottom