• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT31| I Think it Might Be for Show

Zaph

01WDA7D.png

I feel mixed on my expectations for the show, knowing what they have in store for them. There will be lulls in it.. But I'll take it.

What I'm hoping for the most is just longer recording sessions. I'm sure Ben will get a better grasp of the game once it opens up and he has stuff to look at and do, gameplay wise.

Teddified

wheres the Alex tweet telling dan not to eat the fucking gumballs.

Also someone should just send in their KH strategy guide for Ben.

oti

Banned
Yeah. That's the bad part about KH. After you finish the awful stuff you have to play the pretty bad stuff to get to the really good stuff. I loved it but I was a kid and I loved Disney.

This feature will be fun.

Will Dan's lead be thwarted by a fateful red gumball? Because seriously, we put a bunch of red ones in there. Really.

Haha, I hope this is true.

Wunder

Yeah. That's the bad part about KH. After you finish the awful stuff you have to play the pretty bad stuff to get to the really good stuff. I loved it but I was a kid and I loved Disney.

can I have an example of the really good stuff

ArjanN

the real question is why is anyone acting like the metagame of SMS actually matters

Because it's the only thing that makes the feature worth watching. Without that you're just watching someone play a mediocre 3D mario game.

I'm not convinced there is really good stuff for people who don't give a shit about Square or Disney, outside some nice production values maybe. That said the "oh no, we're playing KH" bit it already getting a bit long in the tooth.

I think I'll enjoy the KH feature more once they beat Traverse Town. I need Jeff and Brad's reactions to the various Disney worlds.

If they actually go through with making this feature cover the "main" KH games than this is gonna be a laugh riot when the Xehanort stuff starts.

Teddified

I wonder if they'll change the feel of the worlds in KH3, I like KH well enough but all the games and the worlds just kinda don't feel populated.

I replayed Kingdom Hearts in the PS4 collection just a month ago.

It's one of those games that literally starts at its worst and linearly gets better until it ends at its best. Islands suck, the first set of worlds are boring, the second set is alright (besides Atlantica), then Hollow Bastion through to the end of the game is pretty good - great and the post game bosses are fun.

If I didn't have nostalgia for it I don't know if I'd have stuck with it. The whole first half is pretty boring.

Zocano

I replayed Kingdom Hearts in the PS4 collection just a month ago.

It's one of those games that literally starts at its worst and linearly gets better until it ends at its best. Islands suck, the first set of worlds are boring, the second set is alright (besides Atlantica), then Hollow Bastion through to the end of the game is pretty good - great and the post game bosses are fun.

If I didn't have nostalgia for it I don't know if I'd have stuck with it. The whole first half is pretty boring.

Ya I feel mostly the same and I'm playing through KH2 right now. Like the level design and gameplay is even more simple and mashy than KH1 and you basically have to hit the last world before they even start to really throw hard combat fights at you (and the more fun and interesting bosses). That's a lot of really boring and grindy gameplay to get through before that point.

BTA

Can't watch till later/tomorrow so I guess I'm ducking out of the thread for now.

May the best better win.

Zocano

I also played a bunch of Sunshine because of this feature and y'all are insane. Game is stil very fun. It could use a little less very small quick and precise platforming because the 3D marios have been bad at that unless you're insane and dedicate yourself to perfect each jump routes.

Top Bottom