• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT31| I Think it Might Be for Show

Harpuia

Over the course of 4 episodes I've gone from "hey the games not bad!" to "ok, well, it's the controls. it was a different time!" to "actually, the controls are pretty unforgivable even for this era, and the game's design exacerbates this issue" to "this video game is Trash".

oti

Banned
I like that Vinny questioned a very core mechanic of any 3D Mario game. Getting from one platform to another via jumping on a flying enemy.

Zocano

Over the course of 4 episodes I've gone from "hey the games not bad!" to "ok, well, it's the controls. it was a different time!" to "actually, the controls are pretty unforgivable even for this era, and the game's design exacerbates this issue" to "this video game is Trash".

The leap to trash is sudden. The controls are a bit off but the level design does definitely exacerbate it.

Still better than any 3D mario after it. I'll take the exploratory level design over anything from Galaxy.

Joeku

The leap to trash is sudden. The controls are a bit off but the level design does definitely exacerbate it.

Still better than any 3D mario after it. I'll take the exploratory level design over anything from Galaxy.

tumblr_inline_op017kGTqT1teupc5_540.gif

Not sure I agree but I'll give you this: at least you're playing with a real controller in Sunshine.

oti

Banned

"I'll take needless, unprecise, filler shit over the perfect level design from Galaxy"

Zocano

"I'll take needless, unprecise, filler shit over the perfect level design from Galaxy"

Galaxy literally bored me to sleep. It's overally linear and often not anywhere near challenging to make up for it. I say this having 100% both Galaxy 1 and 2.

Bacon

Galaxy literally bored me to sleep. It's overally linear and often not anywhere near challenging to make up for it. I say this having 100% both Galaxy 1 and 2.

You 100 percented games that "literally" bored you to sleep?

Seems like a good use of your time.

Scizzy

Damn Brad came in hyped on Hellblade and them Jeff proceeds to immediately dismiss it despite not even clearing the prologue.

People need to be ready for the Bradibuster, because Jeff and Dan are going to force his hand.
Brad will be right again.

Zocano

Galaxy is playable joy.

Playable snooze.

I was honestly completely baffled at the absolute and utter praise it got. I played both the first time in like 2014 or 2015? Long after the fact (and after 3D World). Just didn't get how people were enraptured by something so simple and uninteresting. Like the gimmick isn't even used well enough.

I remember loading up Galaxy 1 for the first time and being pretty anxious and excited but then being intensely disappointed as soon as I realized that the game structure was short and linear levels unlike 64 or Sunshine.

Top Bottom