• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT31| I Think it Might Be for Show

kingocfs

fSf6s3S.png

Looking forward to that classroom scene. So damn good.

cordy

Banned
After they get done with Sunshine they need to pick up another fun game to do this with. I'm not sure what they can do but I'm enjoying this.

Zeroro

Is it? God I don't remember much. Intentionally goofy like Versus/Story of Ricky?

There's stuff like this (spoilers, obviously, if you wanna go into the movie blind during the Film & 40s) that definitely gives it a goofy, dark comedy vibe.

Beat Takeshi is so fucking good in this movie.

tesqui

Just saw Battle Royale for the first time a couple weeks ago and it was pretty enjoyable. I can think of 1 scene in particular that Dan will find pretty great and it involves a grenade.

cordy

Banned
Hopefully Odyssey sucks ass so they can use that

I think it'll be so great a game that they'll want to play it off-screen so it's gonna be hard. Maybe they need to play the 3D World or one of the Galaxys. The thing with Sunshine is that it's controls make it fun and nobody besides Dan's really played it so if they get a great Mario game that's amazing then it could be a different experience given they're used to it.

daveo42

Banned
Battle Royale is a nice mix of gruesome and hilarity as you watch teens die in interesting ways. The book, however, is much darker and does a better job in explaining its themes and how they tie into Japanese culture of the time, which focuses around the lost decade and its impact on their society, both socially and economically. I'd recommend reading it.

Is it? God I don't remember much. Intentionally goofy like Versus/Story of Ricky?

Oh fuck i forgot that is actually a movie.

Edit: The best part of Versus is that guy with the revolver that he shoots a million times over the course of the movie without ever reloading it once.

BTA

Oh, I'd been planning to watch the F&F series for the first time for F&40s, so good to know that doesn't ruin it.

And for Battle Royale... I'm not really up for horror/gruesome movies by myself but I might be up for it this way, particularly as I've kinda wanted to see the movie and I forget all the plot details I read forever ago.

Actually, question- how easy is it to pause while still keeping the audio lined up after? I don't often watch movies without having to pause at some point, so...

How was Ghost in the Shell?

p excited to see him in yakuza 6

It was eh. Besides, his role is not that major and the people talking about all the whitewashing...well, the film has other problems even before we get to that issue. I'd say watch it just for the atmosphere and visuals, especially if own a 3D TV because that thing POPS.

In all honesty, it shouldn't have been made. When you got scenes like this in the anime, like why fuckin bother?

Zero315

Banned
Fuck! Yes!

I legit busted out my box set like a week ago and rewatched it. It still holds up incredibly well. I wonder if they're gonna do the subbed or dubb... it's Dan, so probably dub.

So freaking excited for this!

Edit: I also wonder if they're doing director's cut or theatrical...

I'm glad Film and 40's isn't just a one off thing. Can't wait, it's a fun movie too.

They could skip 2 though.

I try to erase two from my mind everytime. I know the son of the director had some big shoes to fill after his father passed away, but man that movie did not turn out well at all.

Zero315

Banned
I try to erase two from my mind everytime. I know the son of the director had some big shoes to fill after his father passed away, but man that movie did not turn out well at all.
It also didn't help that there was no more source material to go off of. I think the original author was pissed that they even made a second one.

Erekiddo

I paused the Steal My Sunshine stream while taking lunch at work. Came back, and Chrome had ran out of memory and crashed.

Feels bad.

imBask

Banned
Battle Royale is technically a great pick, but I feel like talking + reading subtitles will lead to a lot of confused Dan

Top Bottom