• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT31| I Think it Might Be for Show

I haven't listened to any Film & 40s. What do you all do when you haven't seen the movie? Do you watch it twice so you can actually enjoy it as a movie the first time?

robotrock

Banned
I haven't listened to any Film & 40s. What do you all do when you haven't seen the movie? Do you watch it twice so you can actually enjoy it as a movie the first time?
I watched the first four fast and the furious movies for the first time with their commentary. It was mostly fine since Alex and Dan were also watching for the first time. Then I got really invested in the franchise and finished it without them.

Unless they're watching The Godfather or something I think watching it for the first time with commentary is totally ok

oti

Banned
Playable snooze.

I was honestly completely baffled at the absolute and utter praise it got. I played both the first time in like 2014 or 2015? Long after the fact (and after 3D World). Just didn't get how people were enraptured by something so simple and uninteresting. Like the gimmick isn't even used well enough.

I remember loading up Galaxy 1 for the first time and being pretty anxious and excited but then being intensely disappointed as soon as I realized that the game structure was short and linear levels unlike 64 or Sunshine.

Lemme ask you this. What's the best part about Sunshine?

Walking through the garbage overworld doing nothing and looking for levels you actually want to play.

Or.

The challenging secret stages that are tightly designed to test your platform skills without unnecessary crap garbage.

?

Rainmaker

Banned
I hope not. The world not does need more people sending up The Room. They should go the other way and make Dan sit through The Godfather.

That was my gut reaction too but then I thought about it and if you're doing this kind of thing The Room is kind of a tradition at this point. I mainly want it because Vinny hasn't seen it. I would totally take Dan sitting through The Godfather though.

Jintor

So I was thinking of sticking My hand up for the X-COM 2 expansion pack ot but I also kinda don't want to learn anything about the game until launch

Hasney

So I was thinking of sticking My hand up for the X-COM 2 expansion pack ot but I also kinda don't want to learn anything about the game until launch

I really want it, but 34.99 GBP for an expansion that's probably only about as big as Enemy Within.... Eh

Mario X Rabbids is out the same day, I'll wait it out.

Zocano

you were probably tired, not the games fault

I'm always tired.

You 100 percented games that "literally" bored you to sleep?

Seems like a good use of your time.

I used literally because I literally took a nap in the middle of one of my times playing it.

Lemme ask you this. What's the best part about Sunshine?

Walking through the garbage overworld doing nothing and looking for levels you actually want to play.

Or.

The challenging secret stages that are tightly designed to test your platform skills without unnecessary crap garbage.

?

It's not even the overworld that makes it "non-linear". The levels are large and varied enough to let you approach and platform in many different ways. That level in episode 3 in the harbor where you have to get in the big giant mesh pipe I had completed using a fairly different route and a lot of the levels + the moveset let you do so in many of the levels.

Banjo Kazooie and Banjo Tooie are still the best 3D platformers ever made mostly because they (and Tooie specifically) are way more puzzle focused and, dare I say, metroid-vania like. And not about actually just hopping from platform to platform. Yes, ironically, my favorite platformers are games that are much less about the "platforming" itself and more about how they let you explore a space and create puzzles for you piece out.

Scizzy

Thinking about it, they should pick out the half dozen movies that its most egregious that film major Dan has never seen. So, like, Citizen Kane, The Godfather, Casablanca, Bonnie and Clyde, Annie Hall, and Taxi Driver or something.

daveo42

Banned
"Is that aioli"

tumblr_oshfugOvhc1rrftcdo1_500.gif

Zeroro

Battle Royale being what they're watching makes sense with all the PUBG mania right now.

That movie's fun to watch, especially for the first time. Dan'll like it.

BTA

Oh, y'all talked about Gita being mentioned in the unedited bit of DNB, but I didn't see anything said here about Pat Gill. They're both great picks so I'll be looking forward to those episodes even more.

robotrock

Banned
Niiiice. I just rewatched battle royale a few months ago and it turns out I like it waaaay less than I did when I was 13.

Still cool though

daveo42

Banned
Battle Royale? Fuck yes.

Did they ever fix the subs in the western release or are they still using the same script that makes absolutely zero sense at the end?

Zeroro

I was gonna say this is the first Film and 40s where I can easily jump in with Netflix because Battle Royale was previously available for streaming. Now it's DVD only!

Netflix is hot, hot trash.

I watched all the F&F ones for the first time with their commentary because lol it's Fast & Furious. Not really interested in watching them twice, they don't really spoil plot points (much...)

I was gonna say this is the first Film and 40s where I can easily jump in with Netflix because Battle Royale was previously available for streaming. Now it's DVD only!

Netflix is hot, hot trash.

I picked it up for free during some VUDU promo, I think :D

TraBuch

Banned
Battle Royale being what they're watching makes sense with all the PUBG mania right now.

That movie's fun to watch, especially for the first time. Dan'll like it.
I feel like if they're gonna do a movie like that because of PUBG mania, it should be something more ridiculous like The Condemned.

It's been a while since I've seen Battle Royale, but I don't really remember seeing much humor in the movie.

Top Bottom