• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT31| I Think it Might Be for Show

Kimaka

I haven't played NMS since its vanilla version and it sounds like it has changed a lot for the better. I'd like to get back into it, but there are so many games this year that I want to play first before jumping back into an older game.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Throwin' shade at Dan
mhdSt9r.png

strafer

Have you ever tried showing your friends some good movies only to have them be on their fucking phone or laptop the entire time?

Let me know how you handled that because I sure didnt.

Have you ever tried showing your friends some good movies only to have them be on their fucking phone or laptop the entire time?

Don't be that guy. You'd be like the guy in line at Gamestop stopping someone from buying some random game because you're a "hardcore gamer" and you're in the know.

If they don't care, they don't care.

strafer

Don't be that guy. You'd be like the guy in line at Gamestop stopping someone from buying some random game because you're a "hardcore gamer" and you're in the know.

Yeah, you're probably right, can't help to be a little you know.

BTA

I mean, it's a little different if you made a night of it or something and they know you were excited to show them it. What you're saying is more like shitting on a friend who's going to see a movie you think is going to be bad, and so on.

I'm not sure how I'd handle it at the time but I'd probably be able to have a decent discussion about what we liked and didn't like after.

SummitAve

Banned

Sure. You just have to accept that people are going to have different experiences with things even if you try and set everything up perfectly in an attempt to recreate your experience for them.

It seems like this experience is happening with the GB Kingdom Hearts thing. Like they aren't taking it seriously enough for some viewers and those viewers are upset they won't have a magical experience with it like they did as a result.

derFeef

Bought NMS in the humble sale finally, curious how it is.

Eh, that's different. If they are friends they are kinda disrespectful in that situation. Not sure what the setup was and how they agreed to it, but don't be that dick on your phone the whole time.

BTA

So I spent the morning at the RMV getting a new ID (mine's about to expire and isn't from this state) which was an anxiety filled experience that I'm dreading having to deal with again when I finally learn to drive. Would not recommend. At least I got good food + some rad cider donuts after.

Anyway, I'm on the train home now and started listening to the 1099 episode with Abby; really interested to hearing her take on the first couple months. I'm hoping to watch SmS 5 later too; it's been a while since there's been so much GB stuff week to week that I've watched.

Mr. F

Banned
YNAB is painful to use.
It takes so much manual input.

I find Mint a much easier solution

Ooh, Mint actually pulls in data from your credit cards and bank? I may give that a try.

Oh we fucking with budgeting?

I've used both YNAB and Mint in the past but currently sticking with YNAB. For what it's worth - it also has the banking hookup to import transactions so it's a lot less manual fuckery than it used to be. You still have to get in there and break down how you want your money to be used, but as that's the backbone of the philosophy I don't mind it so much. That, and the more you do it the more automated it gets (you can set recurring amounts for fixed spending like bills or rent). It kind of takes some getting used to - that all your money is one big nebulous blob regardless of what accounts they reside in - but I think I'm getting the hang of it after a couple months of using it.

Mint I found handy for keeping track of spending and such, but I think I give YNAB the edge because of the way it has you distributing your available money for the different tasks at hand. That, and I've found their shitload of e-learning resources and reddit communities to be pretty handy.

anyway...video games.

Bought NMS in the humble sale finally, curious how it is.

Eh, that's different. If they are friends they are kinda disrespectful in that situation. Not sure what the setup was and how they agreed to it, but don't be that dick on your phone the whole time.

But who isn't on their phone all the time?

So, the Film & 40s BR sounds great and will be my first one. Any app (Android) that allows you to get the premium podcasts by signing in it do you guys just play it on the computer while watching simultaneously? Rarely watch movies on mine and having the phone open the whole time seems annoying.

The ๖ۜBronx;245840178 said:
So, the Film & 40s BR sounds great and will be my first one. Any app (Android) that allows you to get the premium podcasts by signing in it do you guys just play it on the computer while watching simultaneously? Rarely watch movies on mine and having the phone open the whole time seems annoying.

https://www.giantbomb.com/feeds/

Put the feeds in whatever app you have. I use Pocketcast and it works perfectly.

oti

Banned
Stuff like this is why I don't understand the "they should just be chill and play video games" people. Creating series and 'rules' and gimmicks and putting actual effort into a unique and defined feature spins off a tonne of side content, art, videos and lore that the community get into in a way that most of the stuff GBWest do now just doesn't.

Yep. Just a tiny pinch of competition can turn any bad or underwhelming game into a great feature. Just like Sunshine. Hitsmas was great. No idea why they aren't doing this more, since it should be way easier to setup than Ranking of Fighters or Demo Derby.

Stuff like this is why I don't understand the "they should just be chill and play video games" people. Creating series and 'rules' and gimmicks and putting actual effort into a unique and defined feature spins off a tonne of side content, art, videos and lore that the community get into in a way that most of the stuff GBWest do now just doesn't.

it's not like TitR is actually a whole lot of work to put together, either

the slightest modicum of effort to give a video direction beyond "let's play this video game for an hour" can make a world of difference

BTA

I've still seen exactly 0 of This Is The Run. I feel like it's hard to watch those later since it'll end up being pretty repetitive by nature? But I guess they're not long, hmm.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I've still seen exactly 0 of This Is The Run. I feel like it's hard to watch those later since it'll end up being pretty repetitive by nature? But I guess they're not long, hmm.

Just don't binge them.
Watch one each week (or whatever works for you)

Yeah I was actually coming to post that I kinda want to reinstall NMS after hearing about it on the bombcast. I mostly enjoyed my time with it to be honest.

Also so the site redesign is imminent huh?

robotrock

Banned

i start watching it in the background but by the end of the seasons i get really invested in it and watch closely

Top Bottom