• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT31| I Think it Might Be for Show

Nic Cage and William Fichtner

the film is a masterpiece

MNh3U.gif

Thanks for reminding me of this masterpiece of a scene.

- J - D -

Vampire's Kiss also includes the most amazing dramatic reading of the alphabet in all history of the recorded word.

I need to see it. Sadly it looks like it's not on any of the more common streaming services, which I can only assume is an egregious oversight on their part.

Is anyone else having issues watching videos from their servers today? I can't watch anything premium 'cause shit is just loading like shit. I have this happen fairly regularly with them. I have that good internet, and streaming things from other sites work fine. But, I have days like today where I can't watch shit from GB that isn't from youtube. Kind of fucking sucks.

Is anyone else having issues watching videos from their servers today? I can't watch anything premium 'cause shit is just loading like shit. I have this happen fairly regularly with them. I have that good internet, and streaming things from other sites work fine. But, I have days like today where I can't watch shit from GB that isn't from youtube. Kind of fucking sucks.

Try turning off or whitelisting your ad blocker.

- J - D -

Over in off-topic people are quick to inform me that eggs on a burger isn't a uniquely Japanese thing, which I can appreciate. I guess I should've known because I now only remembered Vinny and Abby talking about how they like eggs on their burgers. Notably, Abby said she specifically enjoys a runny egg on hers. Ugh. Runny yolk on anything sounds terrible to me.

Sorry, havent ever had that problem so I have no suggestions :(. I watched some SMS this morning and had no issues.

daveo42

Banned
Over in off-topic people are quick to inform me that eggs on a burger isn't a uniquely Japanese thing, which I can appreciate. I guess I should've known because I now only remembered Vinny and Abby talking about how they like eggs on their burgers. Notably, Abby said she specifically enjoys a runny egg on hers. Ugh. Runny yolk on anything sounds terrible to me.

Do you not like eggs? Runny eggs are the best. All that yolk to use as an extra sauce on top of whatever else is on your plate. Mmmmm...golden goodness.

Nah, since they've already ventured into foreign film territory the next one has to be...

Film & 40's: The Raid

I wonder if Dan has seen either because both The Raid and Raid 2 seem right up Dan's alley.

Fireblend

Banned

Madness. Runny eggs go with a ton of things. Not bad in burgers at all.

- J - D -

Do you not like eggs? Runny eggs are the best. All that yolk to use as an extra sauce on top of whatever else is on your plate. Mmmmm...golden goodness.

I don't love eggs and if I have to eat them I only do omelletes or scrambled. Runny eggs are not my thing at all. The consistency of snot and the unpleasant flavor of uncooked yolk makes me gag.

Zero315

Banned
I wonder if Dan has seen either because both The Raid and Raid 2 seem right up Dan's alley.

Alex talked about them before when Dan brought up Dredd and I'm pretty sure he said he hasn't seen them. But yeah, I'm sure Dan would lose his shit over them.

Ah, so it's not just me at least. Now that I think about it, I think I notice it a couple of days ago as well, so around the same time that thread was started.

It's really strange that premium users are affected but good to know that a fix is being worked on. If you can't find a workaround, it's probably best to use a different browser for now if possible.

If it's a fried egg on anything the yolk better be runny. A hard cooked egg yolk is chalky and disgusting.

BTA

barely three minutes in

"I feel good about EXPAND DONG"

Edit:
oh god

I'm laughing; good job with the edit message.

Meanwhile: I cannot believe how much time they spent on one stage in SmS despite immediately almost getting it. And also that no one went for the easier path, though I guess that wasn't the problem anyway.

Also, runny eggs are good and eggs on burgers are good. I feel like, in general, I almost always think I'm gonna like a non-hard boiled egg more than I do, but even then I still enjoy them. (I don't know why my hard boiled egg expectations are more realistic.)

I'm assuming a lot of stuff from the early hours will be recontextualized by the end (and I still expect at least some of the character quirks I hate to have Reasons for existing), but even so, they could have covered all the same beats in at least half the time. I think it's more of an editing problem for me than anything else. It dragged in a way that reminded me of really early movies, lingering at the end of scenes to show characters specifically entering/leaving the room before they realized audiences could still follow along if they simply cut to the next thing after the 'meat' of the scene had ended.

(It's also entirely possible that most VNs are paced this way and it just isn't for me; I've only played stuff like Zero Escape and Danganronpa. Which reminds me, I still need to play the 'remastered' 999.)

Chapter... 6? I forget if the chapters turned over. But
Suzuka just explained the whole "We have to escape Attractor Field Alpha" thing

I agree it is bad editing. It's interesting because rarely when I love a game as much as Steins Gate am I willing to point out a flaw as much as I will with the beginning chapters. No hesitation it should be better.

Yes, where you are at is where it gets increasingly crazy.

Strax

Eggs are like a top 5 common thing to put on hamburgers.

NKF9-NP6N-PL8QB-H5F6-N4SK
PG4J-QVCT-Q94JK-TQGC-DWLM

New type of giveaway! Wonder what these codes are for...

Edit: All gone!

First code was a golden loot box for Overwatch and the second was 5 regular loot boxes!

daveo42

Banned
Def not PSN codes.

Onions, bacon, Lettuce, tomatoes, ketchup.

Maybe top 10.

Depends on your burger priorities. I'll put just about anything on burger. Cheese, bacon, sauteed mushrooms, sauteed onions, ketchup, mustard, mayo, bbq sauce. My 5 guys burger order is usually messy af. Common is probably cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, ketchup mustard.

BTA

I agree it is bad editing. It's interesting because rarely when I love a game as much as Steins Gate am I willing to point out a flaw as much as I will with the beginning chapters. No hesitation it should be better.

Yes, where you are at is where it gets increasingly crazy.

I think there's a lot gained by establishing such a strong sense of normalcy with those characters before things get wild, but I do agree the pacing isn't as good as it should be and I'm wondering whether the remake's gonna fix that or just add more scenes instead.

I will add that Chaos;Head is so, so much worse about this stuff and going from that to Steins;Gate (when it hit Vita) within a few months was like... there's such a huge sign of improvement in the pacing/early chapters and the cast and the protagonist and more that I feel like my frame of reference is pretty skewed compared to the average person who's (reasonably) just gonna start with Steins;Gate?

BTA

The thing Alex said about Dan being born under the alignment of stars for perfect luck is so incredibly accurate.

Top Bottom