• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT31| I Think it Might Be for Show

LiK

Onto 1099 with Vinny and it's already great. Nice to hear what his philosophy with the site is and I wish more places hired people the way Vinny hires people.
Just be smart and get along with everyone.

cordy

Banned
XiOvy5x.gif

"When you act like something bothers you but it really doesn't."

BTA

Vinny taking off the headphones in SMS is throwing me off. It's like he regrew all his hair, looks like a whole new person.

I'm watching right now too; it's weird to see and also Abby's mic keeps dying so it was maybe the worst time to try it. It is weirdly amusing to see Dan talk/respond to thin air, though.

Also OT question: there's a $300 PS VR bundle sale right now. W/r/t earlier budgeting talk, it'd be a bad impulse purchase that I could totally afford.

Is PS VR good?

robotrock

Banned
I'm watching right now too; it's weird to see and also Abby's mic keeps dying so it was maybe the worst time to try it. It is weirdly amusing to see Dan talk/respond to thin air, though.

Also OT question: there's a $300 PS VR bundle sale right now. W/r/t earlier budgeting talk, it'd be a bad impulse purchase that I could totally afford.

Is PS VR good?

no

edit: It's a really nice headset but the move controllers are kind of bogus. Enjoyed playing Rez Infinite on it but that's on PC now too. I don't think console VR is the way to go for now, just wait.

LiK

National Treasure was surprisingly good. Sequel was good too but the first one def had that charm and fun. Vinny would love it if he hasn't seen it.

The more I think about it the more batshit crazy "A Disney family-friendly franchise led by Nicolas Cage" sounds in that way words sound weird the more you repeat them.

- J - D -

List them.

his entire filmography

Yes, the whole of his career is valid. But here are some of the more legit ones, the cream of the crop:

Face/Off
Con Air
THE ROCK
Leaving Las Vegas
Amos & Andrew
Raising Arizona
Bad Lieutenant
Kick-Ass
Gone in 60 Seconds
The Wicker Man
Lord of War
Wild At Heart
Joe
8MM
edit: Adaptation (thanks, DM)

But really, I can happily sit and watch something like Knowing or Ghost Rider with the GBE crew. Nic Cage elevates any kind of material.

- J - D -

You can't put Raising Arizona and The Wicker Man next to each other.

I totally did and I take absolute pride in my actions.

The Wicker man is a truly underappreciated modern classic, a masterful study of one man's struggles against the harrowing dangers of paganism. One of the best films of the 2000's.

Meneses

hot damn this Dragon's Dogma trailer is fantastic

Damn, had forgotten this is coming out this year. Insta-buy day one, lost count of how many times I played through this game.

I'm slowly reaching ten actually good games on my top ten list this year, that's cool.

Also, I don't think there's much left to spoil with trailer. I wouldn't watch it if anyone's planning on jumping in for the first time.

- J - D -

Vampire's Kiss is a weird Nic Cage movie and that's saying something.

I've actually never seen Lord of War but will probably rent it.

Lord of War is pretty solid and also features a pre-Oscar, pre-Joker Jared Leto before he became annoying.

I've never actually seen Vampire's Kiss, but if the trailer is anything to go by then it must be pretty great. I had no idea that's where the "You don't say" meme came from.

daveo42

Banned
Yes, the whole of his career is valid. But here are some of the more legit ones, the cream of the crop:

Face/Off
Con Air
THE ROCK
Leaving Las Vegas
Amos & Andrew
Raising Arizona
Bad Lieutenant
Kick-Ass
Gone in 60 Seconds
The Wicker Man
Lord of War
Wild At Heart
Joe
8MM

But really, I can happily sit and watch something like Knowing or Ghost Rider with the GBE crew. Nic Cage elevates any kind of material.

this list is invalidated because Bringing Out The Dead isn't on it.

TheChits

Face/Off
Con Air
THE ROCK
Leaving Las Vegas
Amos & Andrew
Raising Arizona
Bad Lieutenant
Kick-Ass
Gone in 60 Seconds
The Wicker Man
Lord of War
Wild At Heart
Joe
8MM

Drive Angry is hilarious and should absolutely be on this list.

- J - D -

It's great that there are so many mentions here that aren't on my list. Really shows how vast Nic Cage's quality filmography is. Get on it, GBE!

That 360 Drew video was fucking neat. Wish we had a more indepth look at the arcades and shit but that would probably be a 10 hour video.
Have you ever tried showing your friends some good movies only to have them be on their fucking phone or laptop the entire time?

Let me know how you handled that because I sure didnt.

I made peace with people like that already. That's why I tell anyone who does that to not ask me about any plot details when it comes to film.

This is amazing and insane. Mad respect even though I think there's too much going on, still was a great time and reminded me of some great TITR:SC moments/memories.
this list is invalidated because Bringing Out The Dead isn't on it.

It also doesn't have Adaptation, The Weather Man & Matchstick Men. WHAT!?

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Lord of War is pretty solid and also features a pre-Oscar, pre-Joker Jared Leto before he became annoying.

I've never actually seen Vampire's Kiss, but if the trailer is anything to go by then it must be pretty great. I had no idea that's where the "You don't say" meme came from.

Vampire's Kiss also includes the most amazing dramatic reading of the alphabet in all history of the recorded word.

Top Bottom