• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT31| I Think it Might Be for Show

Why has no one ever given high praise to PlayStation now? It works Damn near perfectly on my medicore internet.

On that note, I finally tried out the ps3 twisted metal, i remember folks saying it wasnt very good. It's just as serviceable as tmblack.

Wuiji

Holy shit, you guys. No Man's Sky's next patch may well be No Man's Sky 2 if everything is true.

(Shameless own thread plug): http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1417374

Hope they talk about it on the next Bombcast

Well they do love to talk about over-hyped and under-delivered games, so it wouldn't surprise me if we hear them talk about NMS, and then more Destiny.

jN9Dj7G.gif

tesqui

I need to learn how to get spicier in PUBG. Just played my first round in about three months and came down to the top three. I had the drop on a guy with a SCAR and I still lost the altercation. Damn it.

Yeah, similar thing happened to me. I don't play very often, but once every couple weeks to a month I give it a go. I was in top 3 and saw a guy looking at me through a window. There was a split second of peace and silence as we both stared at each other. I proceeded to fire first and some how still managed to lose the fight.

Oh my god, I didn't realize there was ranked Lucioball in the Overwatch summer event. It's the one damn thing in the game I'm good at! This is my time to shine

The Shrouded Isle comes off really poorly in this QL. Boy does the game seem to have an incredibly simple gameplay loop. Vinny compared it to Crusaders Kings, but it's more like one mechanic from Crusader Kings.

BTA

The Shrouded Isle comes off really poorly in this QL. Boy does the game seem to have an incredibly simple gameplay loop. Vinny compared it to Crusaders Kings, but it's more like one mechanic from Crusader Kings.

I watched most of it earlier (actually, I'll watch the last few minutes before sleeping now), and that actually sold me on it, I think?

Crusader Kings is rad but overwhelming. Not that this does the same things overall at all, but it has a little of that while reminding me of the bar management I really liked in Reigns last year with a little bit of a detective-ish component for figuring out who to sacrifice. The loop seems simple, but I'm into that.

Should probably wait for a sale before biting, but it's now something I'd like to play rather than just something that looked neat.

Tubobutts

Yeah, It looks like it's almost a game that I would really like but it doesn't seem to have much depth.

I watched most of it earlier (actually, I'll watch the last few minutes before sleeping now), and that actually sold me on it, I think?

Crusader Kings is rad but overwhelming. Not that this does the same things overall at all, but it has a little of that while reminding me of the bar management I really liked in Reigns last year with a little bit of a detective-ish component for figuring out who to sacrifice. The loop seems simple, but I'm into that.

Should probably wait for a sale before biting, but it's now something I'd like to play rather than just something that looked neat.

While Crusader Kings is extreme on the other hand for its complexity and bloat of features, this looks more like the premise of a board game that would be cool with 4 people, but boring after 5 minutes playing alone.

The art style of The Shrouded Isle immediately drew me into it. When looking for video footage before the QL went up all I was seeing were videos labeled "android footage," so I figured it'd be a simple, mobile-style game. The QL showed me there's a bit more there than I expected, but I'm still not sold on it.

I tuned into the PUBG stream just as it was ending on YouTube, so I backed it up to the start and am trying to watch it over. The entire video is muddy, flickering, and generally sort of difficult to watch. Was the actual stream like this or is it just a product of how I'm watching it?

Edit: Nvm, Ben just referenced the video quality.

BTA

At the end of the Quick Look Vinny mentions The Yawhg and Abby doesn't know what it is, and now I just really want them to play it on a stream soon.

I really wanted to play that game for like 2 years before I finally got some friends to try it, but then most of that friend group got really into it (to the point of us making a point of showing it to people who weren't there the first time) which was surprising and nice.

EDIT: I was googling to check my spelling and there's an autocomplete for "The Yawhg 2" for no clear reason and now I'm sad.

At least there's a couple games like it being made now.

Joeku

I'm just really looking forward to rewatching Battle Royale. I've had it on some weird maybe grey market Blockbuster second hand DVD for like a decade.

BTA

I've never watched/listened/whatever to a F&40s; y'all usually drink while watching the movie too?

Like. Not that there's a proper way of doing it; just wondering.

I don't even know where I'd buy a 40 near me and also that'd maybe be the most alcohol I've ever had.

Joeku

I've never watched/listened/whatever to a F&40s; y'all usually drink while watching the movie too?

I don't even know where I'd buy a 40 near me and also that'd maybe be the most alcohol I've ever had.

Considering they are when they record it, I do, but it's not required. It just elevates it a bit for me. Especially so when it comes to the Fast & Furious movies.

It's generally mixed well and the sound ducks out when they aren't speaking so it flows well with the movies if you sync it up properly, though.

Don't feel obligated or pressured to drink if you're not up to it, though, it's not required. If you are up for the idea (and American), however, most local grocery/convenience stores should have 40s in a fridge somewhere in the store that you can nurse for an hour and half.

Edit: Battle Royale is a fucked up satire about a bunch of children murdering each other. It's totally acceptable to experience that kind of shit in a just-off state of mind.

I listened to most of of the F&F podcasts drunk, it was fun, but I wouldn't say it was required.

Get drunk, get high, stay sober, whatever. Just enjoy yourself, my friend

- J - D -

A 40 isn't necessary to be in the spirit of Film & 40s, or any kind of alcohol for that matter. It's still fun without, but yes I'll usually have beer for these features.

40s can be found at convenience stores and many gas stations that sell beer.

Toparaman

Banned
Is the Ben-Abby podcast done remotely? If so it sounds flawless. Wonder if it's a test for an eventual cross-coast podcast. I love the 7-8 person bombcasts that happen during GotY time.

I don't drink and I still have alot of fun. I only eat a snack or two while watching or listening but not often, depends on the mood. Usually I just like to listen and watch.

BTA

Considering they are when they record it, I do, but it's not required. It just elevates it a bit for me. Especially so when it comes to the Fast & Furious movies.

It's generally mixed well and the sound ducks out when they aren't speaking so it flows well with the movies if you sync it up properly, though.

Don't feel obligated or pressured to drink if you're not up to it, though, it's not required. If you are up for the idea (and American), however, most local grocery/convenience stores should have 40s in a fridge somewhere in the store that you can nurse for an hour and half.

Edit: Battle Royale is a fucked up satire about a bunch of children murdering each other. It's totally acceptable to experience that kind of shit in a just-off state of mind.

I listened to most of of the F&F podcasts drunk, it was fun, but I wouldn't say it was required.

Get drunk, get high, stay sober, whatever. Just enjoy yourself, my friend

A 40 isn't necessary to be in the spirit of Film & 40s, or any kind of alcohol for that matter. It's still fun without, but yes I'll usually have beer for these features.

40s can be found at convenience stores and many gas stations that sell beer.

I don't drink and I still have alot of fun. I only eat a snack or two while watching or listening but not often, depends on the mood. Usually I just like to listen and watch.

Thanks for the responses!

To be clear, it's not like I'm for or against drinking here. Though I've never had enough to be drunk before, particularly as drinking for me usually means me having a single cider or beer and I'm not much of a lightweight. The most I've had in a sitting was a bottle of wine over a few hours a month or two back, I think?

...so now I do sorta wanna try a 40 just for the experience, but I imagine that's not worth it vs the tall can of cider that's currently in my fridge. Honestly, the sheer amount of a liquid in a 40 seems like it'd be the hardest part to deal with?

daveo42

Banned
That NMS news is pretty great and all, but...

Without being too shitty about this, it's not No Man's Sky 2. It's what No Man's Sky 1 should have been.

But at least they're trying to make good on it!

this is also my primary takeaway here. I enjoyed what was launched last year but the ship has essentially sailed on me going back to the game regardless of what updates are made or what actual improvements there are. They are essentially bringing NMS out of early access with this update if all of those bullet points are indeed true.

I'm glad they support it still and that the community is still heavily involved, but this is what should have come last year at this time.

Joeku

Thanks for the responses!

To be clear, it's not like I'm for or against drinking here. Though I've never had enough to be drunk before, particularly as drinking for me usually means me having a single cider or beer and I'm not much of a lightweight. The most I've had in a sitting was a bottle of wine over a few hours a month or two back, I think?

...so now I do sorta wanna try a 40 just for the experience, but I imagine that's not worth it vs the tall can of cider that's currently in my fridge. Honestly, the sheer amount of a liquid in a 40 seems like it'd be the hardest part to deal with?
Given what you say, yeah, a 40 has about the right amount of alcohol content and is the right size to drink over the course of a 90-120 minute movie for you. Give it a shot.

However, and this is brand dependant, you may very much dislike the taste. If you can get through a dozen minutes of it though, it'll break your tongue and it'll give in and the rest will be fine.

Joeku

That NMS news is pretty great and all, but...

this is also my primary takeaway here. I enjoyed what was launched last year but the ship has essentially sailed on me going back to the game regardless of what updates are made or what actual improvements there are. They are essentially bringing NMS out of early access with this update if all of those bullet points are indeed true.

I'm glad they support it still and that the community is still heavily involved, but this is what should have come last year at this time.
DP, sorry I'm on mobile, but: this is why labels can matter, and why Early Acces exists. If it had come out a year ago at $40 and just now "launched" at $60 with the ARG and all that, the entire conversation around this game would be different.

Well, aside from the blatant lies that are still unanswered, but they would have massaged those out over time from alpha to launch.

daveo42

Banned
DP, sorry I'm on mobile, but: this is why labels can matter, and why Early Acces exists. If it had come out a year ago at $40 and just now "launched" at $60 with the ARG and all that, the entire conversation around this game would be different.

Well, aside from the blatant lies that are still unanswered, but they would have massaged those out over time from alpha to launch.

I'm still on the side of it being less lies and more their hopes for the game that they should have walked back when they realized they weren't feasible. Alot of that could have been avoided if they had a single PR person managing comments to the public as opposed to Sean, regardless of how genuine he seemed at pretty much every meeting, interview, and event.

I'm also still under the impression that this was always meant to be an early access steam game until Sony picked it up.

The apology is most likely written by a lawyer because the moment he admits to his colossal fuck up his ass is opened to be sued to hell and back. Which is what probably should happen if you REALLY want to be responsible for your dumbass actions. Why apologize though if you don't want to be responsible for what you did? there is no saving face in a situation like this.

Top Bottom