• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT31| I Think it Might Be for Show

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Honestly the whole thing just kinda cements him more and more as a manipulative fuccboi.

Especially seeing he seems to care more about his fans than the people he should be apologising to. :/

The apology is most likely written by a lawyer because the moment he admits to his colossal fuck up his ass is opened to be sued to hell and back. Which is what probably should happen if you REALLY want to be responsible for your dumbass actions. Why apologize though if you don't want to be responsible for what you did? there is no saving face in a situation like this.

Good point. A real apology would end up with Nick's money going to his victims.

DG6RdhkXsAAiTZL.jpg

Mr. F

Banned
Is the Ben-Abby podcast done remotely? If so it sounds flawless. Wonder if it's a test for an eventual cross-coast podcast. I love the 7-8 person bombcasts that happen during GotY time.

Yeup. The tech for remote podcasting has been solid for like the past half decade, Jeff just has a particular aversion to it for Jeff reasons

Hasney

Yeup. The tech for remote podcasting has been solid for like the past half decade, Jeff just has a particular aversion to it for Jeff reasons

It's tech for millenials.

Honestly though, I don't mind it. Get 2 distinct podcasts out of not doing a big one.

Zeroro

I didn't know custom games were a thing in PUBG. The possibilities with something like that would make Murder Island way more interesting than it just being the same premise week in, week out.

Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice might be one of the scariest games I've played this year due to just how good the sound design is in that game and how heavy + bleak the atmosphere is. Now, Get Even does some superb stuff when it comes to sound but this is a strong contender to Get Even because the things that Hellblade does is kind of like an attack on the senses and it is legitimately creepy. I have only played an hour and change but looking forward to hopefully finishing it later today.

Also, the game really shines on a pro. Looks stunning, up there with Horizon: Zero Dawn. Gameplay is super simple though.
Does anyone actually like skype?

I only use it for business stuff and I kinda don't like even for that.

Sometimes, never really liked it.

Loved the PUBG Midweek Multiplayer Madness -- hope they do that regularly. This and Murder Island in the same week may be overkill but go for broke until it busts I reckon. It's all good stuff.

Loved the PUBG Midweek Multiplayer Madness -- hope they do that regularly. This and Murder Island in the same week may be overkill but go for broke until it busts I reckon. It's all good stuff.

Today was fine, because it showed off some new stuff, but I'm already getting burned out a bit on weekly Battlegrounds, it's fun but I want something new, if this Midweek thing turns into a new TNT. Then I'm totally down. A new game every week would be key.

Hasney

Today was fine, because it showed off some new stuff, but I'm already getting burned out a bit on weekly Battlegrounds, it's fun but I want something new, if this Midweek thing turns into a new TNT. Then I'm totally down. A new game every week would be key.

Last time they did the feature, it was Friday the 13th and it was great.

yeah, they already have one battlegorunds feature, which frankly is probably gonna become stagnant if they do it for too long.

kiguel182

And the fact that people on GAF are okay with is disappointing.

I was one of the people who were okay with his apology but after reading what Abby wrote I see things differently.

I don’t know what he did so this is a question of who to believe and in this case I believe the victims. What matters is if the apology is good for them, not for me.

If the people he is apologizing too feel that he is full of bullshit and being manipulative then I believe that.

And the fact that people on GAF are okay with is disappointing.

I immediately called out the appology as the soft boy bullshit Austin accused him of, but I'd keep in mind Nick's had a history of manipulating folks. Whilst I think the fact he tried to put the blame on him being in a position of power rather than on how he interacted with women was a huge giveaway, it's easy to see why people would have liked to believe he was trying to change.

People trying to defend it as lawyer talk is depressing though.

Hasney

Makes a lot of sense to pick up some slack in the meantime. Jeff and Brad being more senior probably means they have more meetings and shizz, so Ben can get it done when needed.

def sim

Ben was good yesterday. 👍🏻

His little bits with Jeff along with involving chat just the right amount made for an alright TNT.

Zaph

I really never understand why people don't just admit to shit. It goes away a lot faster that way.

That works when its just someone saying something dumb on the internet. But going by the implications of a few industry folk, its far more serious than DM's - he would potentially be admitting to crimes in public. That would be dumb, and wouldn't even save his job.

That works when its just someone saying something dumb on the internet. But going by the implications of a few industry folk, its far more serious than DM's - he would potentially be admitting to crimes in public. That would be dumb, and wouldn't even save his job.

I feel like he would be better if he just said nothing -- he just deminstrated himself as either deluded or a liar with that statement whitewashing his actions.

Zaph

I feel like he would be better if he just said nothing -- he just deminstrated himself as either deluded or a liar with that statement whitewashing his actions.

Yup. But terrible judgement is what got him into this mess, so its no surprise he released a dumb statement.

hamchan

Ben jokes in general make me cringe.

Drew jokes also made me cringe but only because no one else in that podcast room was laughing at his genius.

Top Bottom