• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT32| I've been meaning to love a boat

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Just tried to quickly narrow down what I've played this year into a list of the top 10 (with no particular order to it) and it's too hard. I played way too many excellent games this year.

I'm still struggling to fill it out honestly. I've played games I like but dunno if I want to put on the list.

Mr. Sam

I thought PUBG was ineligible for the site's list this year because it's early access, but they'll be changing the rules next year?

patapuf

What doesn't make sense about putting a game on top just because you spent the most time in it and it's popular over one that's tied for the greatest game you ever played and resonated so much with you that it made you cry?

I think its just a clumsy way of expressing that a game took over his life. He considers Zelda a masterpiece, but PUBG is something he does with his wife and friends over months and delivers plenty of small litlle stories that stick.

Personally, emergent moments you experience with friends and family in an MP games are hard to beat. You know, that first raidboss you killed, even if it was a horrible grind. That epic 120 minute dota match you won with friends, even though you are all scrubs. Or that chicken dinner, or even just a crazy gun battle in PUBG, despite the game having a lot of downtime at times.

Antiwhippy

I think its just a clumsy way of expressing that a game took over his life. He considers Zelda a masterpiece, but PUBG is something he does with his wife and friends over months and delivers plenty of small litlle stories that stick.

Like that time he found that scope.

And lv 2 helmet.

Hindl

Goddamn, that Octopath Traveller demo. If they keep that level for the whole game, it's going to be something special.
Yeah I finished both "stories" but apparently there's another 5 hours of side quests and stuff you can do in there. I wanna go back but at the same time this demo is probably just the opening to these two character's stories. Don't wanna dump 6 hours into it just to do it again next year

Hasney

Yeah I finished both "stories" but apparently there's another 5 hours of side quests and stuff you can do in there. I wanna go back but at the same time this demo is probably just the opening to these two character's stories. Don't wanna dump 6 hours into it just to do it again next year

Yeah, I'd do it if it was like Bravely Default and it carried some stuff over, but don't want to do all that and do it again next year.

BTA

Meant to download DNB before my commute but forgot, so I'll listen later. I'm usually a DNB Defender but I am still sorta surprised I haven't even heard of the guest.

Yeah, I'm probably gonna try the demo but not do too much in it for this reason. Seems really neat, though; I'm really into the idea of multiple protagonists depending on how well it's handled across the course of the game.

I'm still struggling to fill it out honestly. I've played games I like but dunno if I want to put on the list.

To narrow it down I'd already need to cut things like Hitman or The Sexy Brutale or Rakuen or Beglitched and all of those were really great experiences for me.

Wunder

Meant to download DNB before my commute but forgot, so I'll listen later. I'm usually a DNB Defender but I am still sorta surprised I haven't even heard of the guest.

Yeah, I'm probably gonna try the demo but not do too much in it for this reason. Seems really neat, though; I'm really into the idea of multiple protagonists depending on how well it's handled across the course of the game.

To narrow it down I'd already need to cut things like Hitman or The Sexy Brutale or Rakuen or Beglitched and all of those were really great experiences for me.

I liked the previous episodes but this one was just awkward and treaded some weird lines

Rainmaker

Banned
i can see how some of those lines could be taken as weird but honestly most comedy podcasts say shit like that. i felt like the guest was a little too dry but overall i liked the episode. the isis stuff felt like he was trying to do some sort of chapo-esque bit but didn't land it

Stoze

Yeah I imagine it's something like that, he just hasn't elaborated well on it.

I could also see him just playing Zelda again closer to goty time and it becomes his pick.

BearPawB

Banned
The most important thing for improv anything is to know when to cut it short.

There is no reason for this to be a 45 minute podcast.

I'd rather they were 15-20 minute micro bursts of comedy.

Antiwhippy

Eh, I find DNB to be more dependent on the guest than anything.

Danika was awesome, those two whatever from polygon are alright, the rest are eeeeeeh.

Antiwhippy

"It's like if someone played metroid and didn't like that samus is a girl."

Vinny going for the throat right away goddamn.

oti

Banned
It's a stupid little meaningless detail but the way the Pro Controller vibrates in the Octopath demo feels so good.

Experien

I don't get this obsession with Abby. She seems alright at times but when she can't do the littlest thing, it seems like it is a huge meltdown. It can get on my last nerve at times.

IGIvXNR.jpg

daveo42

Banned
DNB is mostly background noise for me with the occasional funny bit. As much as I do enjoy both awkward and dry humor, I don't think DNB works all that well as a comedy podcast nor find it all that funny. That might be due to the guest selection or shtick of hiring 'interns' to work for them.

That said, I thought their First E3 podcasts were amazing.

Catvoca

Banned
DNB is ok but whenever I'm listening to it, I'm just thinking that I should be listening to any number of better comedy podcasts out there.

Top Bottom