• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT32| I've been meaning to love a boat

BTA

Actually do you know what would have been good to use during those situations? Stun mines.

Do you know what I bought and upgraded immediately before those situations and so definitely did not forget existed? Also stun mines.

kingocfs

Just started SMS.

"Zelda is tied for my fav game of all time, but it's not my GOTY."

2543595-0836186284-Jeff..gif

J_Viper

After playing Infinite Warfare, maybe Activision should outsource Destiny 3's campaign to Infinity Ward, because hot damn if this isn't the best FPS campaign in a good long while.

I wonder why it has been so overlooked. The opening invasion level blows the entirety of Titanfall 2 and Doom out of the water.

Bungie's campaigns are all pretty whack after Halo: CE.

I would say after ODST. Reach & ODST have their moments but they're no where near as memorable as Halo 3. Both definitely have the most human feeling story out of the bunch though. It's super weird how they've yet to top the things that happened in their Halo games.

Tagyhag

I bought Infinite Warfare a few days ago because Jeff keeps on saying how great the campaign is.

It is, surprised me a lot. From Ghosts to the best campaign since MW2.

It definitely has its flaws but it helped show that Infinity Ward still has it, even without Jason and Zampella.

Branson

So Im building a new pc soon

I hear windows 10 sucks. Should I get windows 10? Or another key of windows 7?

10 is fine. Also needed if you care about playing the MS games on there like Gears, Halo and Forza. IF you dont care about those games and someone makes you think otherwise of 10 then I guess 7 would be fine.

10 is fine. Also needed if you care about playing the MS games on there like Gears, Halo and Forza. IF you dont care about those games and someone makes you think otherwise of 10 then I guess 7 would be fine.

Hrm. Theres just a thread in off topic and so many people hate it. And alot of the nitpicks sound like something I would hate as well.

As for those games, I dont particularly care for them.

- J - D -

ODST and Reach had good campaigns.

I would say after ODST. Reach & ODST have their moments but they're no where near as memorable as Halo 3. Both definitely have the most human feeling story out of the bunch though. It's super weird how they've yet to top the things that happened in their Halo games.

I remember one thing from ODST, and it's the night time jazz city crawling segments. I think the problem is that the gameplay loops of Halo games all tend to blend together as vaguely same-ish mush after a while. Not much stands out to me after Halo: CE, which obviously left a defining mark on everybody's memory.

I will say though that even at their worst, (bungie) Halo is better than Destiny's attempts at memorable campaigns.

Aselith

Just started SMS.

"Zelda is tied for my fav game of all time, but it's not my GOTY."

2543595-0836186284-Jeff..gif

I can get what he's saying there. Some loves burn white hot and for a short time and some are a low burning flame that last for a lifetime. He feels like Zelda is going to be the latter which is a bit presumptuous but ya know, it's how he feels.

Giganteus

Also seriously, since when do we shy away from the giantbombcrew slogging away at games? They slogged through Shemnue 1, and are currently slogging through mario sunshine & kingdom hearts. And historically we have deadly premonition & bioforge.

We don't require them to be actually happy about what they're playing.
But those are fun to watch them play through (except Kingdom Hearts). Those are funbad games for a video feature. In a lot of ways, you'd just be watching them play 0 again and that would be too soul crushing for me. I don't know how anyone could sincerely enjoy that unless they skipped on BitE, and I LOVED BitE. Too samey for my blood.

I bought Yakuza 0 'cause it's 40% off on PSN but I think I'll need a few days to let Nier release its grip over my consciousness before I can really dig into it.

Stay tuned for more takes on the hottest releases of Q1 2017

imBask

Banned
I can get what he's saying there. Some loves burn white hot and for a short time and some are a low burning flame that last for a lifetime. He feels like Zelda is going to be the latter which is a bit presumptuous but ya know, it's how he feels.

I still disagree and have a hard time wrapping my head around that ideology

What CAN happen is that you look back at a game you played years later and realize that you loved a game more than another one eventho that's not how you felt at the time, but saying Zelda is his #2 of all time but not his GOTY feels like he's trying to do some sort post-pre-post-future-past analysis. If the game came out this year and you already consider it to be your GOAT, then it's your GOTY

it's like if in 1974 some critics said "well Godfather 2 might be the best movie ever made, but I had a blast watching the new James Bond so I guess the movie of the year is The Man with the Golden Gun!" Looking back at that list today would leave you thinking "was this guy high?"

Bungie's campaigns are all pretty whack after Halo: CE.

I mean, if you only count up to Halo 2, I'd agree. Otherwise, I'd say you're completely out to lunch. 3 is basically the height of the Halo gameplay loop, ODST is a great side-story with a really fresh take on Halo level design and story tone (only downside is the way they handle progression and mission availability in co-op is the pits) and Reach is still just more solid execution of that stuff.

I still disagree and have a hard time wrapping my head around that ideology

What CAN happen is that you look back at a game you played years later and realize that you loved a game more than another one eventho that's not how you felt at the time, but saying Zelda is his #2 of all time but not his GOTY feels like he's trying to do some sort post-pre-post-future-past analysis. If the game came out this year and you already consider it to be your GOAT, then it's your GOTY

it's like if in 1974 some critics said "well Godfather 2 might be the best movie ever made, but I had a blast watching the new James Bond so I guess the movie of the year is The Man with the Golden Gun!" Looking back at that list today would leave you thinking "was this guy high?"

I mean The Man with a Golden Gun is a pretty good movie. Deffo more memorable than Godfather 2.

daveo42

Banned
Guys, XCOM is alot of fun. I've probably already made a mistake, but I'm doing Ironman the first time playing. So far zero lost so far, but Corporal Ryckert was gravely injured in during my last mission.

Wunder

Guys, XCOM is alot of fun. I've probably already made a mistake, but I'm doing Ironman the first time playing. So far zero lost so far, but Corporal Ryckert was gravely injured in during my last mission.

ironman is the best way to play imo, I don't really like save scumming but know that i probably would if one of my soldiers died in a dumb way. Ironman forces you to just live with the choices and keep rolling. Are you playing EW?

danm999

Given GOTY the past two years was Hitman and Mario Maker maybe Dan is of the opinion he should give GOTY to the game that generates the most staff content/they play the most together.

Makes sense to champion PUBG if you look at it like that.

Given GOTY the past two years was Hitman and Mario Maker maybe Dan is of the opinion he should give GOTY to the game that generates the most staff content/they play the most together.

Makes sense to champion PUBG if you look at it like that.

Dan's going to give Destony 2 GOTY because of the time he spent playing it with his wife, so I don't think it's just a content thing.

daveo42

Banned
ironman is the best way to play imo, I don't really like save scumming but know that i probably would if one of my soldiers died in a dumb way. Ironman forces you to just live with the choices and keep rolling. Are you playing EW?

Just Enemy Unknown. I purchased it ages ago and never got around to playing it. Seems like a good start to get in without needing to spend any money right now. I do like some of the other stuff included in EW, but I will probably move to either that if it or XCOM2 (with expansion) go on sale.

I know I'm still in early missions here, but smooth sailing so far with minimal mistakes made. I'm just dirt poor at the moment waiting for space available to build some stuff.

BTA

I beat level 5 of Dishonored 2. Went a little faster once things were inside a mansion and I shook some of the rust off.

But I played for way too long and had I done the nonlethal objective sooner (I left it for last) I would have knocked everyone in the house out and could have explored quickly, whoops.

THe game also crashed, which was scary, but I didn't lose any progress I guess.

Top Bottom