• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT32| I've been meaning to love a boat

Hasney

This thread has reminded me that the switch version of stardew valley hasn't gotten a release date.

They've said they haven't given a date so they can release as soon as it finishes certification and it's in the process now. The alternative was to set a release date a couple of months away from now to be safe and hold it back until then.

It would be perfect for an Apple TV.

Well, less perfect than all the PC and console versions with that thing as a controller.

BTA

Stardew valley is old news.

Their new magic school life sim is the new shit.

I think that's the same publisher but not the same developer?

I am incredibly interested in that though. I love Harvest Moon but Stardew, as just another one of those (although apparently an excellent one), wasn't something I felt like I could really give my time to right now; I will make an exception for a magic school life sim.

It's about to be replaced by its sequel, but I saw the digital version of Star Wars Battlefront- Ultimate Edition is just $4.99 at Amazon. That is the base game plus season pass. If I didn't have the game and season pass already, I would easily get that deal. I mean, at $4.99 it's worth it for the PSVR mode alone.

robotrock

Banned
Stardew valley is old news.

Their new magic school life sim is the new shit.

I think that's the same publisher but not the same developer?

I am incredibly interested in that though. I love Harvest Moon but Stardew, as just another one of those (although apparently an excellent one), wasn't something I felt like I could really give my time to right now; I will make an exception for a magic school life sim.

nah its chucklefish who made starbound but only published stardew

there's a gameplay loop, but nothing forced
what game is this

BTA

Did he ever say if he wound up buying the Miku plugin? I'd be pretty fascinated to see what he would do with it.

He should just fulfill what he's promising there and make a UTAUloid of his own voice.

As someone who can't sing I've been debating messing with that myself for a while.

Abigail Foley?

S7kefFl.jpg

Man in a different era of GB I'd have loved a Dave & Vinny play Divinity: OS 2 video. Hopefully Brad and Rorie get into it, I know they both enjoyed what they played of the first one.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I actually do wonder how much of my (and most people's) hype is because we grew up on harry potter.

I wonder if the old fogeys like Jeff, Vinny and Dan will "get it".

BTA

I actually do wonder how much of my (and most people's) hype is because we grew up on harry potter.

I mean mine's definitely because of that and memories of the less than satisfying games based on the movies.

I still think there'll be an appeal there if you didn't but that'll depend on the tone they take and how involved the classes and story and such are, and how much they play to HP fans vs do their own thing.

I was thinking about the new Fist of the North Star game and I just had an epiphany and I can't believe it hasn't happened yet. The Yakuza devs should make a Gintama game.

Kimaka

I love Harry Potter, but the Kiki's Delivery Service name drop fueled my interest the most.

Probably not Jeff or Dan since neither of them seem to like fantasy.

drabnon

I've spent the last three weeks replaying Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2, and playing Kh: Chain of Memories and KH: Birth By Sleep for the first time. I really hope Ben gets to KH2, in my opinion it's the best game in the series and holds up really well. I didn't find KH hard to get through at all but I have played the game in the past so I remembered part of how it went, giving me an advantage.

I don't get why I'm seeing so many divisive comments, honestly. Yes the first game hasn't aged great but I'm seeing way too many hyperbolic comments about how shit the game is and the series in general. Yes the story gets up its own ass but Ben hasn't even gotten to that point yet.

I hope Ben makes a turn on the games somewhat and appreciates them for what they did at the time they released. But I'm probably just being incredibly optimistic here. Also if they ever get to KH2 Jeff should be there for when he gets to Space Paranoids. I think he would really appreciate that world.

Salarians

BOTW spoilers:
I just got to a new Horse Stable and Kass was out front playing Epona's Song on his accordion in time to the normal Horse Stable BGM and it's real good y'all and I'm not even a big Zelda fan

Edit:
^
I played KH1 and 2 on PS3 last year/earlier this year and KH2FM was a lot of fun, I enjoyed it much more than the first time I played it

I've spent the last three weeks replaying Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2, and playing Kh: Chain of Memories and KH: Birth By Sleep for the first time. I really hope Ben gets to KH2, in my opinion it's the best game in the series and holds up really well. I didn't find KH hard to get through at all but I have played the game in the past so I remembered part of how it went, giving me an advantage.

I don't get why I'm seeing so many divisive comments, honestly. Yes the first game hasn't aged great but I'm seeing way too many hyperbolic comments about how shit the game is and the series in general. Yes the story gets up its own ass but Ben hasn't even gotten to that point yet.

I hope Ben makes a turn on the games somewhat and appreciates them for what they did at the time they released. But I'm probably just being incredibly optimistic here. Also if they ever get to KH2 Jeff should be there for when he gets to Space Paranoids. I think he would really appreciate that world.

I am just waiting for the day he brings in Alexa.

BOTW spoilers:
I just got to a new Horse Stable and Kass was out front playing Epona's Song on his accordion in time to the normal Horse Stable BGM and it's real good y'all and I'm not even a big Zelda fan

the way this game interweaves the legacy of the series caught me off guard at every turn. it plays so expertly on nostalgia it's incredible

legend of belda is a tired argument but man botw is bolstered by the history it carries.. there's something to be said about the way these long-running series use that history to their advantage i think

Hindl

BOTW spoilers:

Edit:
^
I played KH1 and 2 on PS3 last year/earlier this year and KH2FM was a lot of fun, I enjoyed it much more than the first time I played it
My favorite incorporation of the music is when you
ride a horse at night

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I think what happened is that he thought he might ironically like it, but then through the convoluted level designs just turned into unironic dislike.

drabnon

It's weird. I'm not particularly enjoying Kindom Heartache, the jokes aren't landing for me, Ben's inability to make progress without a guide gets on my nerves, etc. But I don't want the series to end. I'm not sure why but I hope he goes all the way through 1 and 2.

Top Bottom